Press inquiry for any Vermont treasure hunters

Mar 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Ethan de Seife, and I'm a reporter with SEVEN DAYS, a weekly newspaper in Burlington, Vermont.

I'm writing because our annual "money" issue will come out soon, and I'd like to write a story about treasure hunters in Vermont. So I've registered here to solicit contributions directly.

I'm writing to ask if there are any Vermont-based treasure hunters out there who'd be willing to meet with me, maybe take me on a search with you, and generally talk to me about supplementing your income by seeking out valuable objects. The focus of the article would largely be economic (again, this is for the upcoming "money" issue), but I would certainly like to hear some stories from experienced hunters, and to learn more about the activity in general.

To clarify: I believe that my paper's readership would be interested in knowing about how dedicated people can supplement their income via a passion or hobby. My hobbies, for instance, include reading and listening to records, but neither of those has the potential to swell my bank account; this is true of skiers and line-dancers and model-train enthusiasts, etc. Treasure hunters, I figured, can turn the thrill of the hunt into a little money, if they so desire.

I'd be really grateful to speak to any local treasure hunters (any specialty at all) who could clear up any misconceptions I have. Basically, I just want to learn more about this hobby, and to see if indeed there is an economic angle that I might take in reporting on it.

I'd be very happy to hear from anyone located anywhere in Vermont - my newspaper has a statewide readership, though most of its readers are north of Route 4.

If you'd like to contact me, I'd prefer if you'd email me at [email protected], or you can leave me a message here, via the forum.

Thanks!
Ethan de Seife
Seven Days

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you go?

It was just getting interesting....I hosted the American Cryptogram Association's annual convention in Burlington in 2017 and had a great deal of success moving the guest speaker into position from Norway from the Sweet Swan of Avon presentations he gives.....he cracked some codes in Shakespeare and led him to Oak Island where he uncovered a pair of stones buried with markings.

Turns out that his discovery of a map of sorts points at the Overton/Yarmouth stones where a carving shows the coastline of Burlington

This then culminates with 4 mapping sites along the coast of river inlets and around the lake in key locations, mapping a route to the vault I found in the side of a cliff.....the trail is lined with huge blocks filled with Silver and Gold.

Gold.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread