Awesome Online Historical Treasure Trove of Information for Vermont Detectorists
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Johnny Cache Hunter

Thread: Awesome Online Historical Treasure Trove of Information for Vermont Detectorists

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2006
    North America
    White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II, White's DFX & Garrett Ace 250
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Awesome Online Historical Treasure Trove of Information for Vermont Detectorists

New Link http://midddigital.middlebury.edu/SharingVTHistory/MapsAtlases/index.htm

Old link broken ====>:http://maozi.middlebury.edu/SharingVTHistory/index.htm

I thought this site was really neat, perfect for Vermont Detectorists.

Johnny Cache Hunter
    Last edited by Johnny Cache Hunter; Mar 01, 2015 at 04:13 PM.
    LizB likes this.
    It's never too late to become what you might have been!

us
    Aug 2006
    WESTERN MASS
    26 times

Re: Awesome Online Historical Treasure Trove of Information for Vermont Detectorists

Thanks a million Johnny my Dad is gonna love this site! We are supposed to be going up this summer to detect. Can't wait.
    A kind word echos for eternity

us
    Oct 2006
    North America
    White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II, White's DFX & Garrett Ace 250
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Awesome Online Historical Treasure Trove of Information for Vermont Detectorists

Quote Originally Posted by COUNTRY GIRL
    Thanks a million Johnny my Dad is gonna love this site! We are supposed to be going up this summer to detect. Can't wait.
    Hi CG,

I didn't know your dad lived up in VT., I figured he lived near you.
    What part is he in? That site has maps primarily from Rutland and Addison Counties. But it also has general historical information on Vermont as a whole. I have some other county maps for Vermont and I can always get those to you for him to enjoy. Vermont is really a great place. I love to go up there, just a real different pace from Boston, beautiful scenery and friendly people. It's the way life should be.

Hope to see you when the weather is better.
    I've also been doing some research on different places to hunt and some aren't really that far from you. I can share those with you as well.

Take Care,

Johnny Cache Hunter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vermont Counties.jpg 
Views:	3090 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	180072  
    It's never too late to become what you might have been!

us
    Aug 2006
    WESTERN MASS
    26 times

Hey Johnny, Thanks again, that is a great site. My Dad has a camp in VT Bennington area, and we would love some more maps if you have them. You are absolutley right, VT is one heck of a state. Even the medical care up there is some of the best, especially when it comes to bed side manners.

You know I would love more maps and such of my area. I can't wait to get together again this spring. Maybe Dad will join us, you'll really like him. Oh I found an old school from the 1800's on the maps you sent me. I drive by it every day and it's driving me nuts, you can see the foundation from the road. Hurry spring! (do NOT tell my husband I said that, he is still hoping for another foot or two of snow )

A kind word echos for eternity

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links