One of the State Owned Ghost Towns

Midnightrider08

Mar 9, 2008
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
http://www.vtstateparks.com/pdfs/LRAreaHistoryMap.pdf

This place is very awesome and although the VT state parks site seems to appear to not be Detector friendly online I can vouch for the Ranger at this park as being good people with an over all young helpful staff.

A nice friendly request will yield written permission note to hunt. When I asked if it was restricted to the beach I got chuckled at and told " No that as long as I wasn't bothering anybody or in anyone's campsite I was ok. " Did this include the trails as well ? " Sure just cover holes and let us see what you find "... I'm not sure if this happens for everyone who asks or if they had ever been asked before but they were very very nice to me.

Take a lifetime to hunt all in them woods as it is about a 10 mile loop with dozens of sites... to see it all would take some time and I only saw a small fraction of everything. I did make it out to the one house that still stands and went inside.. Still has a very nice old wood cook stove in it. An old CCC camp is also located on the way up to the state park off to the left hand side out in the woods and to my knowledge is not on state land. Little River also has gold in it and people can be seen panning on nice days. Trout as well. Great area that I'd like to hit up again before summer ends. Anybody down that way interested ?

DFXScott

Greenie
Sep 19, 2008
Midnight Rider,
I will be in Randolph Center, VT for a few days. I don't think that is too far from Little River. I
'll be there on 09/27-09/30. Let me know if you are available. My cell phone is 301-501-1691.
Scott

OP
OP
Midnightrider08

Midnightrider08

Mar 9, 2008
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
I'm busy at the Underhill Harvest Market next weekend. :(

Hope you get a chance to check out the Little River Area. Can't wait to get back there myself but it most likely won't be until spring unless I get lucky with some free time.

DFXScott

Greenie
Sep 19, 2008
Midnight Rider,
I checked the area out when I was up there a few weeks ago. I just drove around the campground and picked up some materials/maps on the site since it was raining. I think it looks like an ideal spot! I am really hoping to get back up there in the Spring and want to detect there! Who did you get permission from? IS there somebody I can write to? Any information is appreciated. If you are available on my next trip up, I would love to hunt it with you!
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions