Strange Victorio Peak Info... Maybe the answer to where the gold went?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just stumbled onto this website, and this thread has been a very interesting thing to read, hard to follow sometimes, but interesting (and I haven't read it all - yet). I don't know any of you, or you me, but I did know Tony Jolley VERY well. He had been a friend of my family since the 1950s. I imposed upon him, as a friend, and asked if I could "officially interview" him (several times) about his history/past so I could do a painting of him - (at my request, not his, & it was hard to talk him into it). He was a WWII pilot, shot down while trying to bomb the Yamato battleship (the painting I wanted to do), and he spent a long time in a hospital recovering (was a purple heart recipient); I once did a couple of sketches for him and a friend to illustrate a story about them that was published in the Western Horseman Magazine quite a few years ago, as Tony and his friend, when kids, worked "jerk-line" teams of mules hauling supplies from Burley, Idaho, down into Nevada; he was a veterinarian; yes, he was a cowboy - BIG TIME!! He was a roping partner and good friend with the likes of Ben Johnson (the stuntman/actor); he raised some of the best cutting and roping horses in the U.S.; on his cheap little Idaho farm he also raised elk, along with cattle and horses; his entire life he spent endless personal hours and money travelling the country trying to help those in need, even total strangers; he was a miner, and even travelled to South America in search of gems; -- and, yes, I did interview him about the Victorio Peak gold. I still have my interviews with him, that I hand-wrote while we talked, and he signed them. He was one of the kindest, softest spoken, most generous with his time, HONEST men I've ever met! I never knew either of my grandfathers, but I hope that they were something like him. He knew what he was telling was the truth, and I know he was telling the truth, and it doesn't add up to a hill of beans if anyone else does or doesn't. But it's amazing how you can trash someone you don't know squat about, trying to build up someone else. He was a good, honest, albeit adventurous, man that got caught up in this crazy story of found gold, man killed, government steals gold.

Hey Becky,

I got your message from my youtube video about Tony Jolley. One thing I have railed about several times is EXACTLY what you mentioned. Since this is an anonymous internet forum, people find it very easy to give less than honest motivations to people they have never met or know anybody that person knew. In all my research, I have never seen nor heard one bad word written or spoken about Tony Jolley. That is unusual for ANYBODY, but because of that, I have always taken him at his word in the interview.

Now for the not so good part. I have moved twice since I got the interview. I have to look to find the remainder. If I can't find it, I know the guy that did the interview with him. I will contact him and see about getting another copy.

Take Care - Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, FYI when your on a temp ban and you come back under new name to cause trouble you original ban increases and new name is banned.....

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
2Daystravel is a Friend of mine , a Coleague in Fact . There is a HELL of a lot of disturbing insults directed from
the Poster Gollum , toward members ,
we have yet to see that instigator Banned for that behavior .

good for the goose , good for the Gander

2days and myself are not Geese

This action requires addressing .

reading back through the pages , a clear case of Cyber Bulling and harassment is evident .

I do not need this post replied to ,

That stated , deal with it

Robval84

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2023
Like the writer of #1, I am wondering who did the Army sell the treasures to and what the federal government did with the money. Noss and his family got cheated out of their fair shares. Was there any books publish in 2012?
I am his great great nephew just learning of these facts. Feeling extremely cheated. Also id like to add something I've read somewhere in thread about his age, he was born in the 80s im pretty certain. I will look at family documents and verify asap here but almost 100 percent certain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread