Haunted by this site.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gorgias said:
I'm sort of neing haunted by this treasure. I'm not even a real treasure hunter, and I'm not in hunting mode. But, this story keeps popping up on me. (I am actually in the running for a job in the area.)

Are there any pictures of the sword, crown, etc. . . ?

Gorgias

The only picture I have seen is of one of the Noss Family friends wearing the breast and back pieces of Spanish Armor.

Tom Whittle (the guy that wrote the Freedom Mag Article), is in the process of writing a book on the subject.

More than likely though, the military removed everything from Victorio Peak.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I said, I'm not a treasure hunter. I'm just a guy who peeks in nooks & crannies and takes pics.

I have really learned a lot from your site, Mike. It's a shame you took down the pictures. 1oro1, right?

Gorgias

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1oro1.com is correct. I haven't taken down any pictures though.

Everything there is as it has always been.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike,

Didn't you used to have a picture section focused on trailmarkers, and a certain picture of the vast nothingness of the CA desert?

I don't see them now.

Tom

PS Nice Vyvyan by the way . . .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same place. Just go to the "References" Tab. Once there, you will see the tabs for monuments and other pictures.

Mike

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike,

Great. I have to say, I learned a lot from you. When I lived on the East Coast, I used to read Kenworthy and looked at the trailmarker photos on the net, fantasizing about this stuff. Now, I photograph my own trailmarkers!

Tom

Attachments

• GEDC0051.jpg
    GEDC0051.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,374
  • GEDC0051.jpg
    GEDC0051.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,326

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
gollum said:
gorgias said:
I'm sort of neing haunted by this treasure. I'm not even a real treasure hunter, and I'm not in hunting mode. But, this story keeps popping up on me. (I am actually in the running for a job in the area.)

Are there any pictures of the sword, crown, etc. . . ?

Gorgias

The only picture I have seen is of one of the Noss Family friends wearing the breast and back pieces of Spanish Armor.

Tom Whittle (the guy that wrote the Freedom Mag Article), is in the process of writing a book on the subject.

More than likely though, the military removed everything from Victorio Peak.

Best-Mike

Page 21, Treasure of Victoria Peak, by Phil A. Koury, has a photo of a gold statue remove from the caves. As I remember, there's a photo of Ova holding a sword (?), and/or jewelry (?), and/or plateware (?) in 100 Tons of Gold, by David L. Chandler - this book is hard to find.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
gollum said:
Actually, it's not that difficult. Here are copies on Ebay for about $13 including shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...35871&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

I never gave that book a second look because thgey couldn't even get the name of the Peak right (I did order a copy though).

Best-Mike

It's the Chandler book that's rare and pricey. The Koury book is readily available.

Yeah, the name thingy was disconcerting ... but when you consider that the historical name of the peak was Soledad Peak, it doesn't matter much.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
gollum said:
Hey Spring,

Everything is available if ya wanna spend the money:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/044016687X/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Best-Mike

Yeah, I saw that too (I prefer bookfinder.com for hard-to-find publications and some good bargains). If I wanted the 100 Tons book, I wouldn't mind paying 35 to get it, but after finding out about the tall tales that Harvey Snow fed Chandler, it makes me wonder how much of the book is just more looney tunes. Good photos, though, as I recall.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep one thing in mind about Harvey Snow:

He was murdered, as was his 14 year old daughter. His son posts here occasionally (ROGER). He used to tell the story about how his father was called one evening and told the exact locations of his wife, daughter, and son. He said they were threatened if he didn't leave the Victorio Peak thing alone. He didn't, and his 14 year old daughter was shot in the head. The killer was never found.

Roger is kind of out there, but he can tell you the story.

I didn't know Harvey Snow, but I know someone who did. Dr. Lambert Dolphin introduced me to a guy named Dr. Oren Swearingen from Texas. He says that Snow didn't even have the correct mountain in his tunnel story.

Best-Mike

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
gollum said:
Just keep one thing in mind about Harvey Snow:

He was murdered, as was his 14 year old daughter. His son posts here occasionally (ROGER). He used to tell the story about how his father was called one evening and told the exact locations of his wife, daughter, and son. He said they were threatened if he didn't leave the Victorio Peak thing alone. He didn't, and his 14 year old daughter was shot in the head. The killer was never found.

Roger is kind of out there, but he can tell you the story.

I didn't know Harvey Snow, but I know someone who did. Dr. Lambert Dolphin introduced me to a guy named Dr. Oren Swearingen from Texas. He says that Snow didn't even have the correct mountain in his tunnel story.

Best-Mike

Harvey was killed by one of his own sons, Roger's half-brother who is deceased now as far as I know. Yes, I know Roger pretty well - he told me that the tunnel story (Hardscrabble Peak) was a complete fabrication.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Infosponge said:
Here are the photos you're talking about from the book titled "100 Tons of Gold," by David Leon Chandler.

Sincerely,

Infosponge

Thanks, Sponge. I'll save those pics. Forgot about the smelter splash one.

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool. Thanks. Much different than I thought.

Gorgias

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great comments. I live in Bridgeport Connecticut, and will not visit the site. I do not like big snakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread