Victorio Peak Documents, Symbols and Artifacts

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Following the Bolshevik Revolution and the execution of the royal Romanov family, the entirety of Russian state jewelry and regalia was impounded and inventoried. Ironically, the wealth wasn't returned to the people and most of the good stuff kept "in trust" by the Soviet overlords at the Kremlin. There was a Christie's Auction in 1927 where a small portion of Russian jewelry was sold to private buyers. As Autofull said, the emerald tiara is thought to have been either sold at that auction or dismantled, as it's never been seen again (the tiara isn't on display at the Kremlin's crown jewels collection).

sources:
Saturday Sparkler: Alexandra Feodorovna's Emerald Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Interesting story about missing Romanov jewelry but.. its not the tiara we're looking for :
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...y-catalogues-russia-does-not-want-you-to-see/

DesertCloak

Jan 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The photo Ova presented is identical to the one in Russia’s Treasure of Diamonds and Precious Stones. It seems obvious to me she got a hold of that photo from the catalog and passed it off as a photo she (or her family) took of the alleged crown in order to bolster her story. If you overlay the two photos they are an exact match.

This was pre-internet and I'm sure they figured no one would ever make the connection between her photo and a fairly obscure tiara, now destroyed, half a world away in Russia.

side-by-side.jpg

Last edited:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not up to speed on all of the artifacts but my understanding from DesertCloak's post is that the Noss's only produced a picture of the crown and they never produced the actual crown. Does someone have a photo of the crown they can post with Ova or Doc in the photo? Has the crown disappeared from the public domain? No one knows where or if the the crown has survived?

Ditto on the superb reasearch by DesertCloak!

Thanks, Garry

according to my understanding, the crown, a couple gold bars, some coins and the maps found with the dead priest and his secretary were buried outside of Rincon "on a cliff above the spring were we used to camp" (doc to ova). they were in a wood box and buried on a shelf on a cliff (covered by rocks) above a spring where doc and ova used to camp outside of Rincon. My ex partner found such a box, buried in rocks, in the area I have been looking for several years. It was empty. I have posted this stuff in earlier posts. I do not believe my ex partner found Docs box. Why would you remove the contents and then rebury the box? If the crown ever existed in the Noss adventures, it it still buried near a spring outside of Rincon. With the maps that I seek. I have not been to all of the springs, but I am working on it. A few are almost impossible to get to because of the roads no longer exist.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
according to my understanding, the crown, a couple gold bars, some coins and the maps found with the dead priest and his secretary were buried outside of Rincon "on a cliff above the spring were we used to camp" (doc to ova). they were in a wood box and buried on a shelf on a cliff (covered by rocks) above a spring where doc and ova used to camp outside of Rincon. My ex partner found such a box, buried in rocks, in the area I have been looking for several years. It was empty. I have posted this stuff in earlier posts. I do not believe my ex partner found Docs box. Why would you remove the contents and then rebury the box? If the crown ever existed in the Noss adventures, it it still buried near a spring outside of Rincon. With the maps that I seek. I have not been to all of the springs, but I am working on it. A few are almost impossible to get to because of the roads no longer exist.

Probably some long hikes. Another problem will be locating the spring seeps. Many have dried up since those days, and any nearby trees may have gone to dust, even the stumps.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
well guys, for me. i must think that doc and ovas crown story was again, just bunk. man, he was a con artist. i have no faith left to believe any of doc,s story, but, remember i have spent 40yrs on this one. no evidence to hold in yer hand gets old but i wanted and did believe at time time and it saddens me to have this be my conclusion of the evidence.

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with autofull there is a lack of evidence to support docs story. I admire whiskey rats determination. The crown story is most likely fake. But, until one checks the known springs that fit the story time line, one will never really know. I do not have the ability or means to explore in person. The New Mexico Bureau of Geology & Mineral Resources, Division of New Mexico Tech, 801 Leroy Place, Socorro, NM 87801. Phone 575-835-5490 published guidebooks with extensive information on geology, history, etc. including HYDROLOGY. The books are bound 300 plus pages and affordable. In researching the Lost Padre mine in the Organs I found an excellent article in the 1975 edition. As important as water is I am certain there were maps of the area showing known waterholes and springs. Local historical societies, farm bureaus, granges, libraries, etc are good avenues to search for maps.

Dirt

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks for that info Dirt.
I will see what I can get from the Bureau regarding springs etc back in 1930 time frame. Even an old topo map from 1930 would be useful but so far I have not been able to find any type of maps for that era.
wr

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i actually was given supposed co-ordinates of a suspected burial site for the crown about 2yrs ago. a two man team that i trusted was asked to check it out on foot and with detectors and they did ,but nothing showed up. the info came from someone that was thought to be very much in the know. just another crap shoot. after the excellent recent research done on this board ,i do not think there ever was any crown at all. just more doc bull-crap.

Last edited:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i actually was given supposed co-ordinates of a suspected burial site for the crown about 2yrs ago. a two man team that i trusted was asked to check it out on foot and with detectors and they did ,but nothing showed up. the info came from someone that was thought to be very much in the know. just another crap shoot. after the excellent recent research done on this board ,i do not think there ever was any crown at all. just more doc bull-crap.

would you care to share the coordinates of said location? I would like to see if it matches any of the springs i am trying to explore? thanks
wr

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chalice carved into the side of Victorio Peak including a shadow carved "7" at the crux at the base of the finger rock on the left. Taken as a screen shot of an old photograph.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Victorio Peak 2  Chalice & 7 copy.png

Attachments

• Victorio Peak 2 copy.png
    Victorio Peak 2 copy.png
    308.8 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Attached are two screen grabs of Victorio Peak and the "Chalice" seen up close and from further away including a Shadow "V" circled.

Enjoy

LUE-Hawn

Victorio Peak Chalice.png

Victorio Peak Chalice & Shadow V 1.png

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chalice on Victorio Peak

Hello All,

In case you were wondering why the "Chalice" has significance.

Look at my photograph of the "Chalice". Found in the high Southwest desert.

Enjoy

LUE-Hawn

Chalice.png

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The square cut out on the ridgeline or "missing tooth" , "notch" is what you should be noticing on Vic Peak. These things can take a couple generations to get into "mainstream" though.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,

In case you were wondering why the "Chalice" has significance.

Look at my photograph of the "Chalice". Found in the high Southwest desert.

Enjoy

LUE-Hawn

View attachment 1681933

This is a highly cropped image and hard to comment on. It likely would be interesting to know where in the Southwest this is, and a wider shot of the context of its surroundings. It's one thing if it's carved into bedrock somewhere, and quite another if it's carved onto a cemetery marker.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... the "Chalice" seen up close ...

View attachment 1681931

Yeah, I see what you mean but low-res photos don't provide the detail needed to judge whether the shape is natural or might be manmade. I can monkey with the image and wonder if that entire rock face is just showing block fault erosion that formed the chalice shape (below). Of course, one could say that someone enhanced/deepened the fault lines to emphasize the shape, and better detail ought to show that if it were true. I admit I'm biased here because my idea of what Victorio Peak is and what happened there is different than what most believe.
Victorio Peak Chalice.jpg
Block faulting

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chalice carved into the side of Victorio Peak including a shadow carved "7" at the crux at the base of the finger rock on the left. Taken as a screen shot of an old photograph.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

View attachment 1681443

Great photos, thanks for posting it. I know those set ups now. The openings are marked on the ones out my way. Those great Treasure hunters knew of them,and how to get in.

Kauziamos

May 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That crown is actually Alexandra Feodorovna's emerald tiara. It's well documented in photos and paintings. Look it up on Google images.

View attachment 1674319

View attachment 1674320

Ha! I’m about a year late, but I just did the same thing. Saw a pic of the crown and knew I’d find its real source with a quick google image search. Took less than a minute. How’d it take almost 9 years since the original post?! My question is, was Ova and Co trying to pass it off as an actual photo of the find, or did she find that photo and use it to say the tiara found was similar to the one in the photo? Big difference. Outright deception versus helpful description.

Edit to add: continued reading this thread, this has been addressed. 5 years ago lol. My bad.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread