hiway 25 south white sands missle range sign

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
very rural desert area, rest stops are just carved outs with trash cans only, saw quite a few animal skelotins, also noticed 1 sign that read camino del real trail and passed over a dry part of the real grand river,noticed quite a few tumbled down ruins. Some great areas for detecting as their is not much traffic. Be sure you got gas and survival provisions if you go through this area, another turnoff this hiway has is to Vaghn,and the Valley of Fire. Empty structure is at the white sands missle turnoff.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 999
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 949

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any metal detecting on the WSMR is a federal violation and will land you in jail.

OP
OP
M

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
Will try another photo of sign.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 1,164
OP
OP
M

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
I dont plan on going on federal property, plenty of other interesting spots to explore. I believe that I found a possible Spanish camp site close to the real grand river. I believe the Indians were probably the guardians and depositors of Victoria Peak. Its remotely possible the VP cave system runs underground to the Valley of Fire,which is a completely volcanic terrain , my crazy opinons only.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Nice find. It sure sounds like you are on the Military Reservation though and not I25 south. Just know that between the Nature Preserves, Nasa, and WSMR, you need to be clear on where your at.

I look forward to your next post.

Jonsered

Oct 12, 2009
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
The green building in the original post is not on I-25/ It is on US 380 between Carrizozo and San Antonio and was a tourist trap type store. Behind it approx. 100 yards is an old stone house which belonged to the owners of the store. Neither are on government property. Feel free to detect either one (though I already have. :-) )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread