VP a repository?

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read that VP was a repository? Who's repository? Who added to it over time? Who was coming to get it? Would there have been other repositories? I know, a lot of questions. Any takers? Any input would be appreciated and I think interesting.

Look forward to reading some comments...thanks.

If you look through this forum, you will find your answers.

OP
OP
geekl

geekl

Oct 17, 2008
Ottawa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since I have had time to login, life!! I was extremely pleased to see a response from Real de Tayopa!! Almost 2 years old but hey it's better late than never! So you say it was destined for Rome? Very interesting, as I thought it was a ship destined for Spain. So when you say Rome, does this mean the Vatican? When you mention Tayopa group this refers to a family or what? Hope all is well with you and I really appreciate your response. PS - Love the discussions you and Oro have some of the best on this site and the info is just priceless!!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buena noche SR Geek. :coffee2::coffee2: What's yer hurry, 2 years is rapid for ole Mexico ? yep, the Vatican as usual. The Tayopa group consists of others and the 18 of Tayopa itself.

How are things north of te 54 40 ?

OP
OP
geekl

geekl

Oct 17, 2008
Ottawa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are good here not too cold this year thanks to El Nino. I bet the weather there is great! I have to admit I'm star struck lol!!! Like I said I have read lots of your posts as well as Oro's as most of the time as I remember they go hand in hand. Honestly I learned a lot from your posts opened my eyes to a lot of things I wish I was closer to some of these areas so I could explore myself but hey sometimes reading is just like doing. Even the posts from Old dog about the markers & monuments just great. Hope all is well with you! what ever happened with the mine? I remember you had mentioned that you lost the rights to it has anything changed since then? As for VP and this Vatican connection I thought it was Spain? Or did the Vatican always have their hand in this? Thanks again for your posts! Leo.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allo geek1, I managed to hold unto the Tayopa rights. The Jesuits shipped thier loot directly to Rome, where their alegience lay. They used the Caves in the Caballos as a staging point destined for Rome on the Ocaisional Jesuit controlled ship.

Also so did various outlaws, Maximillian, Los Apaches, etc. which tends to explain the dead priest and the leather pouch.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Lot'sof questions ? Me too. Oro is too close mouthed, but he'll drink your coffee - providing it is sock coffee :coffee2::coffee2:

That is the first time anyone has ever accused me of THAT! :laughing7:

Leo good to see you posting, thanks for those kind words; fire away you have some great people here whom are happy to help, and a real pool of knowledge and experience. I don't post so much in the VP threads for several reasons, one being that I am convinced the VP treasure was removed by the US govt so nothing remains there, and another reason being that when I do post here it gets a few people over-excited so I try to refrain so that no one will blow a gasket. :tongue3: So let 'er rip amigo, you are among friends here. :thumbsup:

Sock coffee anyone?
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: <NO donkey drippings for me, gracias!>

OP
OP
geekl

geekl

Oct 17, 2008
Ottawa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose thanks for the info really appreciate it. Happy to hear you were able to hold on to the rights. I'm currently re-reading your thread "Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure Hunter". Great stuff and great stories!! :notworthy:

OP
OP
geekl

geekl

Oct 17, 2008
Ottawa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro again like with Don Jose I'm very star struck!!! LOL!!! Thanks for the kind words.:occasion14: As for VP I agree with your thoughts on that one, I was more curious about who put it there and where it was destined to go. I find it so fascinating that this was all going on back then and you are correct there's a plethora of information on this site and definitely a great group of people with a great wealth of knowledge and experience. :icon_thumright: I just find everything so amazing especially the existence of these markers & monuments and the caves and crevices that hold old secrets!! As with Don Jose's old threads about his adventures and knowledge, I'm also going back and re-reading your old stuff especially about Jesuits and everything else you have privileged us with. Really really great stuff!! I don't know much about this sock coffee but sounds like you really enjoy it!! I guess I'll have to try one day and see for myslef!! :laughing7: Thanks again Leo.

OP
OP
geekl

geekl

Oct 17, 2008
Ottawa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have to acknowledge mdog, he opened my eyes to some of the stuff in my neck of the woods!!! :thumbsup: Thanks Leo!!

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I also have to acknowledge mdog, he opened my eyes to some of the stuff in my neck of the woods!!! :thumbsup: Thanks Leo!!

Good to see you posting again. Whenever I post something about the French, I wonder if you ever had any luck with your research. I figured you were still reading the Jesuit Relations. It seems people are showing more interest in the colonial French and New France nowadays. But, Don Jose still clams up whenever I suggest the French were stealing all his silver and moving it NE up to New France. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread