Milton "Doc" Noss...Who was he???

Radar1979

Sep 6, 2012
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TreasureMate
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps one of the best ways of approaching a topic like the Victorio Peak legend is to look at the people involved and see what we can gleam. Just what do we REALLY know about Milton E. (Doc) Noss? Where was he born? When? When was he first married? Second marriage? Dates, names, places, facts and figures backed up by documentation of some kind or another. This is what I would like to see more of. This very year, we gained access to another piece of "solid" evidence, the 1940 census...the first time I have been able to 100% verify Milton Noss and family. For those of you who have not seen it, the document is quite curious. For starters, Milton gives his age as 44...yet all accounts I have seen have his birth year as 1905. The census paper indicates that Milton himself gave the information to the census taker, so, what about it??? 36 or 44?

I'd lov eto see more, anyone who has genuine documentation on Milton Noss, Ova Beckwith...or any of the other "key characters" involved, let us see them.

Radar

Attachments

• Milton Noss 1940_resize.jpg
    Milton Noss 1940_resize.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 1,153

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noss and his family got rob by the Army and the federal government. We want the truth now about where the treasure was sold to and what the federal government did went it.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noss and his family got rob by the Army and the federal government. We want the truth now about where the treasure was sold to and what the federal government did went it.

There is no proof the gov took any of it, just leads.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Response number three is also very valid, maybe, I think so.

48Chevy

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what happened to Doc Noss' truck, the one in his death photo? (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JHStenK7V4s/TWaOMz2yC7I/AAAAAAAAA00/JdaIzNPNtEo/s640/Doc+Noss+Death.jpg) I heard that it ended up in a museum somewhere New Mexico but I'm not sure about that.

It's a 47-49 Chevrolet. I'm rebuilding one like it and questions about his truck come up from time to time in conversations about my project because it is a similar model. If anyone has any info about that pls share thx. Doc+Noss+Death.jpg

victorio1

Oct 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what happened to Doc Noss' truck, the one in his death photo? (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JHStenK7V4s/TWaOMz2yC7I/AAAAAAAAA00/JdaIzNPNtEo/s640/Doc+Noss+Death.jpg) I heard that it ended up in a museum somewhere New Mexico but I'm not sure about that.

It's a 47-49 Chevrolet. I'm rebuilding one like it and questions about his truck come up from time to time in conversations about my project because it is a similar model. If anyone has any info about that pls share thx. View attachment 819665

He actually died on Charlie Ryan's bumper. The trucks were parked face to face, Doc's truck is behind him.

The Gold House - The Treasure of Victorio Peak

cheers,

-alex

48Chevy

Jun 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info Alex. It's been a few years since I did any research on this treasure legend, but I didn't know Doc Noss died at Charlie Ryan's truck. I always thought he was on his own bumper in that pic.

I can't quite make out what the other vehicle is in the photo, but the truck on the left is the one I get questions about among the treasure hunter community. So with that in mind, do you know where Charlie Ryan's truck ended up? I heard Doc Noss' was in an NM museum like I said before, but idk what the name of it was. It also raises the point of what the vehicle on the right is cause I really can't tell in that pic. By that I mean, if Doc Noss was not in the late 40's Chevy on the left, and Charlie Ryan was, what was Doc Noss driving?

As for the restoration of my own truck its coming along. Not running yet but I'm still on body work right now. I'll be putting a new engine in it soon I can't save the old one.

I'm going to read up some more on Victorio Peak. It's been a long time since I've read anything about it and I'm fuzzy on a lot of the details. But it is a fascinating chapter of history.

Last edited:

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Doc's appears to be a 1940 or so Ford. Looks to be missing the center part of the grille, but the trim on the hood and vertical grille are the give away.

Attachments

• 40fordpu.jpg
    40fordpu.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,907
Last edited:

victorio1

Oct 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no proof the gov took any of it, just leads.

Richard Nixon's involvement in Gold theft alleged in a new book series

New Book Series Alleges a Multibillion-Dollar Gold Theft Was Connected to President Kennedy’s Assassination

New Book Series Alleges Billions in Stolen Gold Laundered Through U.S. Banks

The Gold House trilogy is a tour de force of research and reporting. Meticulously researched and explosive in the revelations it uncovers. This is an account of a onetime hidden gold treasure in a cave at Victorio Peak, located at today's White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico. Drawing on more than a decade of government documents and personal interviews the authors uncovered information that will require scholars and commentators of modern U.S. political history to reevaluate the presidencies of Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.
For example, both of these presidents personally coveted this vast fortune estimated at billions of dollars in gold bars and valuable Conquistador artifacts at Victorio Peak. In March 1968 President Johnson announced that he would not seek re-election but rather dedicate himself to a quest for peace in Southeast Asia. His abdication from the presidential campaign, which he would have won handily, had nothing to do with peace in Southeast Asia. Johnson wanted to be free of the Oval Office in order to concentrate on removing the gold to his ranch in Mexico. The gold fever that struck President Nixon and the machinations he engaged in to raid the Victorio Peak riches shunted the Watergate scandal aside as little more than a sophomoric romp by comparison
Gerald D. McKnight, professor emeritus of history at Hood College
Author: Breach of Trust: How the Warren Commission Failed the Nation and Why

In three volumes, The Gold House presents adventure, intrigue, murder, deepest politics—and billions of dollars of gold. After a cursory glance at the index and certain key pages, I was hooked, unable to close the covers of this unique treasure hunt, the homicides and the abuses of power. The trail of witnesses and paper and gold extractions seems never to end. In other words, the evidence is overwhelming, a monumental gathering of the facts and the presentation of those facts by John Clarence and Tom Whittle; America is greatly benefited by these two men. The Gold House presents enough polygraph exams, bank records, warehouse receipts and much more, more than enough to take to a jury, and win. LBJ’s lawyers had a secret trove of his corruption, in the penthouse files, locked away in their bank in downtown Austin. Surprisingly, the records were still there at the end of 2011. They should be recovered, uncovered and disclosed.
The profound service to America of The Gold House trilogy takes on its own special value. An excellent adventure, a source of gold owed America, and a further uncovering of abusive government practices.
The authors say it best: ‘A story of the erosion of the rule of law by our government leaders and the attack on our freedoms in America.’ Thank you, John Clarence. Thank you, Tom Whittle. … Hollywood cannot be far behind.
Barr McClellan, journalist and New York Times Best Selling author
Barr McClellan was an attorney for LBJ and the Johnson interests from 1966 through 1977.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread, well thought, and well versed, was started by a brand new member. It smells of someone trying to sell books and beat a dead horse. I have followed the story of Doc Noss for a few years now, met some players, and will not deny folks 15 miuites of fame. But look at this post for what it is, you have two members on here who are the same person asking and answering their own questions. Come on folks. I bought the series hoping for some new information a little about Doc himself. Something I could apply to my hunts. I barely made 3 chapters due to a slow read about politics and introduction to the players. There is many stories about the area beyond Doc Noss that are just too good to be made up. My answer to original posters question about who Doc Noss is? Doc was a hardy fellow, smart, and figured out some things you wont find in any book. Sometimes when you burn to bright, you burn out. Was Doc killed for a treasure, seems so. Was Doc cheated more than once, seems so. Was Doc a cheat, seems so. I dont see this thread staying on topic, and more of a rant how the govt stole gold. I hope the mods see it for what it is and lock the topic, please.

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Well nothing smells like a Dead Horse more then a Dead Horse does ,,, but , the question was : " Doc Noss ,
who was he ? "

Well , he's dead , but not a horse , so he ain't gonna be sellin' no books ya see .

nope , he might be in Hades selling stinky dead horses ,,, but who he was , we may believe , was a short lived
con-man , with some funky looking boots and gloves .

I'm just judging by what that Photo shows , ya unner stan ,,,

But I wouldn't come out of the house dressed like that , even if I was Dead on a Bumper .

Winchester416

Feb 18, 2022
Richard Nixon's involvement in Gold theft alleged in a new book series

New Book Series Alleges a Multibillion-Dollar Gold Theft Was Connected to President Kennedy’s Assassination

New Book Series Alleges Billions in Stolen Gold Laundered Through U.S. Banks

The Gold House trilogy is a tour de force of research and reporting. Meticulously researched and explosive in the revelations it uncovers. This is an account of a onetime hidden gold treasure in a cave at Victorio Peak, located at today's White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico. Drawing on more than a decade of government documents and personal interviews the authors uncovered information that will require scholars and commentators of modern U.S. political history to reevaluate the presidencies of Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.​
For example, both of these presidents personally coveted this vast fortune estimated at billions of dollars in gold bars and valuable Conquistador artifacts at Victorio Peak. In March 1968 President Johnson announced that he would not seek re-election but rather dedicate himself to a quest for peace in Southeast Asia. His abdication from the presidential campaign, which he would have won handily, had nothing to do with peace in Southeast Asia. Johnson wanted to be free of the Oval Office in order to concentrate on removing the gold to his ranch in Mexico. The gold fever that struck President Nixon and the machinations he engaged in to raid the Victorio Peak riches shunted the Watergate scandal aside as little more than a sophomoric romp by comparison​
Gerald D. McKnight, professor emeritus of history at Hood College
Author: Breach of Trust: How the Warren Commission Failed the Nation and Why

In three volumes, The Gold House presents adventure, intrigue, murder, deepest politics—and billions of dollars of gold. After a cursory glance at the index and certain key pages, I was hooked, unable to close the covers of this unique treasure hunt, the homicides and the abuses of power. The trail of witnesses and paper and gold extractions seems never to end. In other words, the evidence is overwhelming, a monumental gathering of the facts and the presentation of those facts by John Clarence and Tom Whittle; America is greatly benefited by these two men. The Gold House presents enough polygraph exams, bank records, warehouse receipts and much more, more than enough to take to a jury, and win. LBJ’s lawyers had a secret trove of his corruption, in the penthouse files, locked away in their bank in downtown Austin. Surprisingly, the records were still there at the end of 2011. They should be recovered, uncovered and disclosed.​
The profound service to America of The Gold House trilogy takes on its own special value. An excellent adventure, a source of gold owed America, and a further uncovering of abusive government practices.​
The authors say it best: ‘A story of the erosion of the rule of law by our government leaders and the attack on our freedoms in America.’ Thank you, John Clarence. Thank you, Tom Whittle. … Hollywood cannot be far behind.​
Barr McClellan, journalist and New York Times Best Selling author
Barr McClellan was an attorney for LBJ and the Johnson interests from 1966 through 1977.
Kennedy was killed by the CIA, because he was going to disband them... Nixon was setup because he was going to expose it...

The CIA is now and has always been evil!

“Permanent Washington” Thinks this is there country and we are all subjects to their behind the curtain rule...

Never trust acronyms...

God Bless!

Reactions: RKW

Robval84

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2023
Perhaps one of the best ways of approaching a topic like the Victorio Peak legend is to look at the people involved and see what we can gleam. Just what do we REALLY know about Milton E. (Doc) Noss? Where was he born? When? When was he first married? Second marriage? Dates, names, places, facts and figures backed up by documentation of some kind or another. This is what I would like to see more of. This very year, we gained access to another piece of "solid" evidence, the 1940 census...the first time I have been able to 100% verify Milton Noss and family. For those of you who have not seen it, the document is quite curious. For starters, Milton gives his age as 44...yet all accounts I have seen have his birth year as 1905. The census paper indicates that Milton himself gave the information to the census taker, so, what about it??? 36 or 44?

I'd lov eto see more, anyone who has genuine documentation on Milton Noss, Ova Beckwith...or any of the other "key characters" involved, let us see them.

Radar
I can tell you he was older by around 20 years . He is my great grandmother's blood uncle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread