DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no not a willie , soldiers load these and took them from huachuca fort all to Texas fort and he said he guard it there , none were in iraq
all gold was at the fort at huachuca , old man found them by falling in a hole a long time ago . this man is my sister in laws relative he help
move the treasure and stay with it in texas here is more picturs GoldTruck3.jpg

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the hole was in Arizona fort huachuca . the men dug it up in 2000 i think t5here is more picture to one is a chair for quene or king
big chair with gold stuff all over it . a trunk with book for find more and 2 more trunk with some kind of jewles in it to . I am mike , i am new here
what is your name friend .

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
np:
can you elaborate on what you mean? Are you saying willy loaded up a truck with gold bars? Or the army loaded up a truck from his cave?
wr
Amigo,:coffee2:word has it that Willie D. was spotted carrying a five gallon bucket back to a vehicle parked in the area south of the towers, two people saw him, the vehicle had a woman driver,
It must have been his care giver,he had also just come out of the caballo's soth of the towers,np:cat:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
View attachment 1254072

anyone know what this photo is about ?
thank you

These two guys are in the 173rd Airborne Brigade and since their unit patch is on the left shoulder, it means they were serving with the 173rd when this picture was taken. The 173rd's base is at Vicenza, Italy. I believe that when the Brigade was in Iraq that they were in the northern part of the country. The guy on the left is either a major or colonel, I can't tell if the insignia on his collar is silver or gold. The other guy is a Sargeant First Class, if those are two rockers under his stripes. I can't tell by the officer's collar insignia if he is an infantryman or an artillery man. The 173rd is my old Vietnam outfit so I shoot the bull with any members I bump into. There's a guy in my town who was a Major in the 173rd when he was in Iraq. He was an infantryman but attached to an intelligence unit. His job was to track down and recover art treasures that had been taken from the museums during the U.S. invasion.

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they are in Italy , how they in Texas ? explain please how is that possible ? They in Iraq to ? and Texas and Italy ? long trips to every where . 4 states.jpg like being here in four states all at once , is that how they in 3 4 countries all at once ? askiing cause not what i told about not sure where they were now , explain picture please for me and can you tell me where gold is now ? is it in Italy ?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
These two guys are in the 173rd Airborne Brigade and since their unit patch is on the left shoulder, it means they were serving with the 173rd when this picture was taken. The 173rd's base is at Vicenza, Italy. I believe that when the Brigade was in Iraq that they were in the northern part of the country. The guy on the left is either a major or colonel, I can't tell if the insignia on his collar is silver or gold. The other guy is a Sargeant First Class, if those are two rockers under his stripes. I can't tell by the officer's collar insignia if he is an infantryman or an artillery man. The 173rd is my old Vietnam outfit so I shoot the bull with any members I bump into. There's a guy in my town who was a Major in the 173rd when he was in Iraq. He was an infantryman but attached to an intelligence unit. His job was to track down and recover art treasures that had been taken from the museums during the U.S. invasion.

Here's a link. PHOTO ALBUM Check out 413 and 414.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
if they are in Italy , how they in Texas ? explain please how is that possible ? They in Iraq to ? and Texas and Italy ? long trips to every where . View attachment 1254612 like being here in four states all at once , is that how they in 3 4 countries all at once ? askiing cause not what i told about not sure where they were now , explain picture please for me and can you tell me where gold is now ? is it in Italy ?

From the picture you showed, I guessed the names to be Gowan and Oliver. I found a Major Gowan and a Sgt. First Class Oliver who were spokesmen for the 173rd Airborne Brigade.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
if they are in Italy , how they in Texas ? explain please how is that possible ? They in Iraq to ? and Texas and Italy ? long trips to every where . View attachment 1254612 like being here in four states all at once , is that how they in 3 4 countries all at once ? askiing cause not what i told about not sure where they were now , explain picture please for me and can you tell me where gold is now ? is it in Italy ?

Here is another link about gold confiscated in Iraq.

Iraqi_gold

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is another link about gold confiscated in Iraq.

Iraqi_gold

From link:
Included in a July 14, 2003 White House war budget report to the US Congress, is a statement that a sample of some of the "gold-colored metal bars" recovered in Iraq was tested and were "comprised of (sic) approximately 64 percent copper and 34 percent zinc" and are "most likely melted-down shell casings."

Soldiers involved in the seizures find this difficult to believe, based on the hefty weight of the bars they handled.

The report mentioned "All the bars currently located at Camp Arifjan are being sent to Baghdad, where they most likely will be stored within one of the Ministry of Industry and Materials facilities...".

" ... likely be stored ..." Huh. Or not.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow my friend, looks like the Victorio Peak spoils. but I suspect they are from Iraque.. coffee ?:coffee2::coffee2:

They are refined bars, not mne run Dore' bars.
Amigo:coffee2:good morn'n, Dore' bars also have a certain smell about them,I think its called bella Oro,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:NP:cat:

Last edited:

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for the help with the pictures , he sent them with a story . i think he prank me a lot of time to much .

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course I don't - none exist. Tic ... tic ... tic. OK, NP, now tell us that photos do exist. While you're at it, show us.
Amigo's:coffee2:As far as I know there were some pictures of bars ,but, they were made by rogers father and friend,and someone was trying to pass them off as real years later, and there were also some fake artifacts ,some keno crosses, etc.np:cat: PS.when roger comes back ask him about the story on the bars,he can tell you more.

Last edited:

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread