DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog,
I pm'ed you with an email address to send the pic to. GPS would be appreciated. If something is there you will be well rewarded.
wr
E- mail sent. Cool WR, just take care of yourself out there and be careful. Id like to here what you think of the photos and the area? Maybe you have already be in that part looking around. Dont be afraid to tell me iam way off, and have been smoking something.:laughing7:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well that figure on the map could be intended to be the Venus de Milo hence missing arms. <aka Aphrodite of Milo>
226px-Aphrodite_of_Milos.jpg

NP see what you have done, with your Lil Map? :tongue3: Are you giggling now?

Heck I could see that Lil Map being entirely different, as a map showing how the various treasure sources, trail down to a central route and off the lower right portion of the map.

img131-highlighted.jpg

Please do continue...

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If it wasnt for NP's thread and his map,and all the post on here, i wouldn't even have been snooping around that area. + what really pushed me is that your actively seeking it WR, and the updates you give.which i think is super cool.Good Luck

It's a well-used tactic, dog - tried and true for a hundred years, more or less. There's always a map (or a document) surfacing every generation or two that brings attention back to a "treasure vicinity". Normally, it's a mysterious "Mexican with a map" who shows up somewhere looking for "signs on the map" and dupes a local into helping him, but never actually shows the map. Typically, this breathes life into an old rumor, begins a fresh new frenzy, and the searching begins anew. Has worked many times in many places.

In np's case, I suspect he's been duped by the Noss family with his maps. Of course, I could be wrong, but the whole thing has an obvious Noss-scam stain on it. I believe there is something interesting is in the Caballos, yes, but IMO we've been sandbagged since the 1930s.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that figure on the map could be intended to be the Venus de Milo hence missing arms. <aka Aphrodite of Milo>
View attachment 1260392

NP see what you have done, with your Lil Map? :tongue3: Are you giggling now?

Heck I could see that Lil Map being entirely different, as a map showing how the various treasure sources, trail down to a central route and off the lower right portion of the map.

View attachment 1260393

Please do continue...

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:
Oro Amigo, I dont think the ( lil map ) and the (1937)map have anything at all to do with each other. from what I understand the 1937 map has been an
Important map concerning Willie's and Doc's discovery, The ( LIL )map was never made public untill the mid 1900's, and then only to a few people, I have never tried to work on it in the past or present,
I believe in the past it to have very negative vibe's,could very well have been cursed in the past due to different situations,and promises behind it, also there were two other maps with the LIL map,and no one has paid much attention to them,and one of them is marked M.Starr and another name. np:cat:

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look,

The statue most likely refers to all those little shelf caves around Bat Cave. The story goes that all those little alcoves once contained statues, and the one above right of the cave has what is left of a statue in it.

CaballoBatCave2.jpg

Mike

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SDC,others. NP's lil map has details that were not revealed until I mentioned them about 15 years ago..
these are details that were not available until I mentioned them in my search for Tayopa. There is no way the Nos's, or others, could have known of them. This is why I am convinced that it is genuine, also it is typical of the times.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Look,

The statue most likely refers to all those little shelf caves around Bat Cave. The story goes that all those little alcoves once contained statues, and the one above right of the cave has what is left of a statue in it.

View attachment 1260528

Mike

Man, did you Photoshop that sky color, or what? That is major blue, at least on my display. Mexicans love to place santos in niches. Most mines in NM (even Anglo ones) had a shrine - usually containing a saint statue (or at least rosary beads) to protect the miners. Not just mine shrines either - the photo below is at "Devil's Backbone" on NM Hwy 152 between San Lorenzo and Emory Pass, a twisty road section winding between rocky cliffs. You can't see it in this shot, but about thirty feet straight up from part of the road above the westbound lane is a carved niche with a saint statue in it (St Christopher I believe, but you'd have to do some really wild repelling to find out for sure).

I hadn't seen that Caballo niche before, and Oro raised a very interesting point. If that Caballo statue is indeed Venus, it couldn't have been placed before about the mid-1800s - a couple decades after the original was discovered, and time enough to obtain copies. Regardless, Venus isn't a Catholic saint, but does represent some important concepts, not only in world symbology, but also concerning celestial coordinates, alignments, etc.

backbone.jpg

Last edited:

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I allways thought that represented the statue that doc suposedly found in the peak and the pouch that
the letters and maps in it that were found with the dead padre.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I allways thought that represented the statue that doc suposedly found in the peak and the pouch that
the letters and maps in it that were found with the dead padre.

I always had trouble swallowing the dead-padre-in-the-cave story myself. Maybe because it reminded me a little too much of that Indiana Jones movie with the guardian knight and all that. Same with Doc's trunk of documents. What happened to them? Lost? Oh. To each his own.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a well-used tactic, dog - tried and true for a hundred years, more or less. There's always a map (or a document) surfacing every generation or two that brings attention back to a "treasure vicinity". Normally, it's a mysterious "Mexican with a map" who shows up somewhere looking for "signs on the map" and dupes a local into helping him, but never actually shows the map. Typically, this breathes life into an old rumor, begins a fresh new frenzy, and the searching begins anew. Has worked many times in many places.

In np's case, I suspect he's been duped by the Noss family with his maps. Of course, I could be wrong, but the whole thing has an obvious Noss-scam stain on it. I believe there is something interesting is in the Caballos, yes, but IMO we've been sandbagged since the 1930s.
Yea, i see that now sdcfia. I didnt know that about this treasure hunting stuff when i first started. Now i know the lies,smoke screens,bait and switch and even murder are all part of it. Its just a part of this business.You just have to work it all out for yourself and choose your path. I really was blind to it for awhile.

gtate41

Jan 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im trying to find the Jesuit mission foundation ruins in the Caballo Mtns. Does anyone possible have coordinates to this?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Im trying to find the Jesuit mission foundation ruins in the Caballo Mtns. Does anyone possible have coordinates to this?

There was no Jesuit activity in the Caballos, or elsewhere in NM, for obvious reasons. However, the Jesuit claim has been made by many, primarily T or C book writer William White, who, I guess, heard about some stone wall ruins somewhere in the hills and assigned them as "Jesuit" because ... well ... all treasures are the Jesuits ... right? To bolster this, he also claims that the "Jesuit Fray Cristobal" hid Jesuit treasure north of the Caballos. Guess what? Fray Cristobal - like all early NM clergy - was a Franciscan. Never let the facts interfere with a good story.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was no Jesuit activity in the Caballos, or elsewhere in NM, for obvious reasons. However, the Jesuit claim has been made by many, primarily T or C book writer William White, who, I guess, heard about some stone wall ruins somewhere in the hills and assigned them as "Jesuit" because ... well ... all treasures are the Jesuits ... right? To bolster this, he also claims that the "Jesuit Fray Cristobal" hid Jesuit treasure north of the Caballos. Guess what? Fray Cristobal - like all early NM clergy - was a Franciscan. Never let the facts interfere with a good story.

I would think that of all people, you would be one that agrees a lot of known history is either obfuscated, manipulated, or untrue?!?

Yeah, White would have been better if he had said "Jesuit Fray Padre Cristobal SJ DFM ACLU and Teamsters Local 1137". HAHAHA I guess Hoffa is going to be the big find in the Caballos!

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread