DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was in the infamous willies stash cave today (the smoke hole).
It seems to be a very prominent lava tube that can be seen crossing the mountain south of granite peak.
A wash coming down the mountain has sliced its way thru the lava tube, thus creating the opening to enter the tube.
very awesome.
did not have my camera, so took pics with my phone and cant figure out how to get pics from phone to tnet.
tomorrow will take pics with camera also with better lights and hopefully post.
was not prepared today with proper lights etc to go underground, was actually looking for something else in burbank canyon.
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WR, just message them to your email account. Then copy/save them to a file on your computer. Piece of cake to attach em to a post then.

unfortunately, my email program will not work out here for some reason. i think i have to reload it.
however i found a way to transfer the pics.
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here is willies smoke hole stash cave

20160212_131255.jpg 20160212_105908.jpg 20160212_131246.jpg

with better lights i am going to attempt to go past the partial blockage and see how far this goes

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone heard from whiskeyrat lately? Just want to make sure he didn't have trouble in the Caballos.

thanks for the concern.
absolutely no problems so far.
found lots of very fascinating canyons, caves, tunnels.
not many (if any) other people in the mountains any more seems like.
pretty much have it all to myself.
roads/paths/mines/caves are disappearing fast.

came face to face with a young mountain lion while going down one hole a couple days ago.
luckily did not see mom or dad.
the young cat just layed on a shelf and watched me.

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey WR
if you let the local authorities know about the mountain lion, you'll prob make a few new friends (normally im anti-authority). They dont want ANY cats in those mtns bc of the sheep they have released there. anyways, cant wait to get in those mountains again....just waiting on the price of oil to come up!

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey WR
if you let the local authorities know about the mountain lion, you'll prob make a few new friends (normally im anti-authority). They dont want ANY cats in those mtns bc of the sheep they have released there. anyways, cant wait to get in those mountains again....just waiting on the price of oil to come up!

Well, just outside the hole (den) was a dead cow, pretty much eaten up. just the head and tail left. nature at its best.
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
so, today was exciting. found a very old adit high up in burbank canyon.
was too late in the day to climb, so will go back tomorrow to climb up and hopefully enter the mountain.
i start back for my truck and as i come over a hill, there is a chopper hovering over my truck. appeared black with blacked out windows.
I got to my truck as fast as i could (approx 12 minutes). the chopper went south and hid behind granite peak.

i looked south and could not see the chopper.

started loading my quad, then 2 choppers came around the east side of granite peak (between granite peak and noahs ark) very low (below granite peak) and came directly at me.
I grabbed my 10 x binocs and the choppers where flat army green with blacked out windows and no identification.
they came directly over me very low and slow then proceeded to turn and go back south again around the west side of granite peak out of sight.
could not see anyone inside due to blacked out windows. but absolutely no numbers or id on these craft. nothing.

and the strangest thing: no sound. nothing. and at very close range, like 200 ft altitude max.
the rotors turned very slow and just no sound.

going back tomorrow to go inside the adit.
will have video ready.

wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey WR

instead of waiting for oil price to come up, sell the oil stocks and invest in mary jane. its doing great.
wr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread