OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry NP. Ive read this entire thread completely 3 times and dont really know too much about you. But Ill leave it at that, I really appreciate you starting this thread and bringing attention and information to my favorite place on earth!!
Amigo. which one is your favorite place, VP or the Caballo's Please let me know.NP:cat:

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo. which one is your favorite place, VP or the Caballo's Please let me know.NP:cat:
ive never been to VP. But i taken the wife and kids to the caballos several times a year for the past 5 years. Sometimes i go alone. Ive mostly stayed on the west side, but the laat few trips we've been exploring the top and east side. Its just a neat place

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo's:coffee2 ,:argue::argue:Should the name of Victorio Peak be changed to, the ( Viper Pit ), It would still be known as VP, After all, didn't Doc Noss make a good Snake Oil Salesman.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7 ,:hello:NP:cat:

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi NP
dobyou have any info on the diggings/operation that i just posted about?

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also, for some reason i think/believe that "Cletos Cabin" is a pretty important piece ti the history of the caballos. its so close to bat cave and has some good characteristics. If anyone has any "general info on it that would be great

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if anyone has any info/thoughts theyd like to share on Palomas gap i would really like to hear them.

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for some reason i feel palomas gap has a TON of history to it and think it could add alot of info to the caballos

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the replies! im gonna screen shot all of them and put them in my diary!!
......anyways someone throw something out that hasnt been discussed.... maybe a pic from an area from someone who has been to the caballos....��

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres a legit question..who owned the palomas gap trail and was in charge of collecting payments for accessing the trail?

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any "General" info on the Laguna del Muerte? ai really want
to detect that area

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also, for some reason i think/believe that "Cletos Cabin" is a pretty important piece ti the history of the caballos. its so close to bat cave and has some good characteristics. If anyone has any "general info on it that would be great

32.928968°, -107.241367°

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good un SDC, but I still favor the depository for storing materiel until the infrequent Jesuit controlled ship anchored near Matamoros. at which time they would use the Rio Del Norte to rapidly move the materiel down the river, far faster than by animal, and cheaper. I have records of mule trains leaving Alamos with the production of the mines of Sonora, Chihuahua of over 1000 animals - geeze what a logistic problem with feed and water.

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Good un SDC, but I still favor the depository for storing materiel until the infrequent Jesuit controlled ship anchored near Matamoros. at which time they would use the Rio Del Norte to rapidly move the materiel down the river, far faster than by animal, and cheaper. I have records of mule trains leaving Alamos with the production of the mines of Sonora, Chihuahua of over 1000 animals - geeze what a logistic problem with feed and water.

That theory still does not make sense to me especially when we have record of the Jesuit owned ships, visiting the Pacific ports of Mexico along with the Manila galleons. Do you have records of Jesuit ships calling at Matamoros? Thanks in advance.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roy, they did NOT go to Matamores, they were on a clandetine operation. Yes, of course they called on the western ports, in fact piracy was far greater on the Pacific coast than in the Caribean. The mines were were basically on the western side of Mecico. Almost every port had defenses against the Pirates.

Last edited:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In the early 90's Charles Kenworthy wrote a couple of books about Spanish treasure trails signs and how to interpret them. He wrote a book about how to read Spanish maps also, explaining what the symbols mean.
I think these books have been mentioned on here in the past and it seems like some people on here think they are legit and some think they are crap.
I have been studying these books and using them to decipher a couple locations I am working on and a couple documents I am working with.
To me, at this time I am leaning toward legit. I have no proof either way but many of the explanations seem to fit so far on one site and one document I am working on in particular.
They are changing the direction of my search and narrowing the area somewhat.

Jbeene: these books might be something you would enjoy reading.

NP: have you read these books? do they seem to concur with your "feet on the ground" findings?

wr

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the early 90's Charles Kenworthy wrote a couple of books about Spanish treasure trails signs and how to interpret them. He wrote a book about how to read Spanish maps also, explaining what the symbols mean.
I think these books have been mentioned on here in the past and it seems like some people on here think they are legit and some think they are crap.
I have been studying these books and using them to decipher a couple locations I am working on and a couple documents I am working with.
To me, at this time I am leaning toward legit. I have no proof either way but many of the explanations seem to fit so far on one site and one document I am working on in particular.
They are changing the direction of my search and narrowing the area somewhat.

Jbeene: these books might be something you would enjoy reading.

NP: have you read these books? do they seem to concur with your "feet on the ground" findings?

wr
Amigo,:coffee2: The key is boots on the ground to figure these things out, trial and error, extra info always helps, but you yourself have to figure it out and always use your own feelings, and spirit, your knowledge in your spirit ,and trust how to read that to your benefit, things always aren't what they seem,:hello:NP:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread