Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 221 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree6404Likes

Thread: DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Over the years, Ova shared stories with Letha. It is these shared stories that led Letha and Jerrry to begin hunting the Caballos...and south of the Caballos. Ova knew that Doc went many places besides Victorio Peak. Usually she'd wait in the car. Sometimes they would camp. Doc would stress the importance of some of these places should anything happen to him. One of these places was outside of Rincon, NM. Ova believed in Victorio Peak, but Letha wasn't so sure. Doc had told Ova that if anything ever happened to him, she should go back to the spring at Rincon were they had camped many times before. On a rock shelf in the cliff, covered with rocks, above the spring was a small trunk he had hidden which contained some gold and other treasure artifacts. The artifacts included all the documents from the dead Padre found in the room.
    So, the mystery of the documents found with the Padre could be solved at the location at Rincon. Letha and Jerry hunted this location with no results.np

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    Everyone has their own reasons for not trusting the government. I personally do not believe the government ever took anything out of Victorio Peak. There's absolutely no proof they ever did. And there's absolutely no proof that there ever was any gold or artifacts in Victorio Peak. Only what Ova said Doc had taken out.
    Over the years people have come up with all types of stories. Like, well, retired generals from White Sands went to Mexico and opened resorts. OR Johnson took the gold and hid it on his ranch in Texas and Mexico. OR the gold was flown in C130's to a smelter in Canada. (And on one of these flights gold bars fell out of the back of the plane onto a farm in the state of Washington on the coast.) OR the CIA used it for black-ops. OR the Knights of the Golden Circle put it in Victorio Peak and then removed it.
    HOGWASH
    There is no proof of this fabulous treasure ever being in Victorio Peak, only what Doc told Ova and what Doc wanted Ova to witness.
    Because of the claims by Ova, the government had to investigate Victorio Peak. That's their job, that's what they're supposed to do. (White Sands was becoming the new Area 51 at the time.)
    After gaining entrance into the cave system they found that there was no validity to her claims and proceeded in closing the area. But to satisfy Ova, they still let the family look. Until enough was enough. You can't find what isn't there.
    We have a Grand Canyon of the west. We have a Grand Canyon of the east.
    We have a Money Pit of the east. We have a Money Pit of the west, VICTORIO PEAK. np

us
    Jan 2013
    NE Oregon & SW Idaho
    Mine Lab X-Terra 705
    20 times
    Prospecting
    That sure is an interesting explanation- and could lead to another search in a different area altogether. So, has anyone that you know of searched the area that Jerry and Letha were searching?

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    Jerry continued the search of this area for over a year after Victorio Peak was closed. Unfortunately for him, his investors grew tired of funding his efforts. Many of his investors had already spent most of their life savings on the Victorio Peak project. They had little left to give. Once the money ran out, the few people involved were forced to move on to other endeavors.
    Many people continue to search the Caballo Mountains for treasure of some kind or another. I don't believe any further effort has been undertaken on this particular project of Jerry's.
    If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them. NP
    Crosse De Sign and audigger53 like this.

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    Maybe these will help. Notice how some things are done in sevens. There are some intriguing references. Go ahead and click on them to enlarge them. Study and enjoy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img099.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	535.5 KB 
ID:	980943 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img100.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	409.6 KB 
ID:	980944
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img131.jpg 
Views:	781 
Size:	277.7 KB 
ID:	980945
    NP

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11685 times
    G'd morning Not, you earned your morning coffee '7' playeddd a prominent part in early Jesuit /Church .teachings. I was particularly interested in the bottom left section of the last map. It shows a Tayopa complex with Sasabe And other names such as Chinapas. However this is not the Tayopa of Dobies Book, the one looked for. That lies much further south, however the notation of it's being in Sonora is interesting. Gracias my friend.

Don Jose de La Manvha
    Not Peralta and audigger53 like this.
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11685 times
    Well the notations on the map are not old, since they are of fairly modern type, not Spanish script of the day, Sooooo

So I defy anyone to find Tayopa with that map.

Don Jose de La Macha
    TNglen, Acecosies and audigger53 like this.

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    real de tayopa tropical tramp, from what I know these were translated from the original map .the map isn't taking you to tayopa, but away from tayopa, its taking you to two different storehouses or warehouses on the trail.one is in the caballo;s.np and yes it puts tayopa in sonora.
    Last edited by Not Peralta; Apr 19, 2014 at 05:04 PM.

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    one of the maps posted does not lead to tayopa, but away from toyopa, notice the directional wheel with the long spoke , theres a date of 1646 with a date of 1861 below it, was this the first time this map was translated and copied, and if this tayopa was located in Sonora, that's a mystery in itself, what were they taking out of this tayopa? np

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11685 times
    HI NOT, from Tayopa itself, hi-grade Silver, but other mines in the area produced Gold, even Pt.

Tis curious that the author used a Snake with a forked tongue ?? Could have multiple meanings.

Side thingie, Chinapas in actuality would lie to the left, West, not to the right as shown, unless it was meant for orientation..

Don Jose de La Mancha.

p.s. yes, I saw the ladder which indicates either a treasure or mine.

P.P.S. I missed the reference to that being a copy of a copy which could explaint the newer script. I have copies of data that were written with a type writer, and we both know they hadn't been invented yet
    Last edited by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp; Apr 23, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    real de tayopa tropical tramp, thank you for taking the time to look at these maps closely and give your input. these maps were closely held for many years.
    they were very important to certain persons in their year long search in the caballo's. does a second tayopa in Sonora have a special meaning to you, what do you think the map maker was trying to do or say,in your research of tayopa what do you think was so important that it was taken out of tayopa. and needed to be transported and hidden somewhere else. np
    Last edited by Not Peralta; Apr 23, 2014 at 04:18 AM.
    Crosse De Sign likes this.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11685 times
    G'd morning NOT, just in time for coffee, join me ? You posted --> In your research of Tayopa what do you think was so important that it was taken out of Tayopa. and needed to be transported and hidden somewhere else. np

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Processed metal of course.for transshipment to Rome.

The impression that I received almost instantly was a snake with a forked tongue means not true, possibly reverse directions. Incidentally Tayopa is in
    Chihuaha, but only perhaps 1000 meters from the Sonora line.

Don Jose d La Mancha
    Not Peralta likes this.

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    REAL DE TAYOPA TROPICAL TRAMP. Thank you for your input, just the years that I have had these copies of the maps every time I look at them I find something new, I have not heard any stories of treasure being shipped out of tayopa headed for santa fe, But nothing is impossible, Im beginning to think they are coded maps because of the dates,but who, what and why. any thoughts. np

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11685 times
    NP, coffee with Oirish tranq ?? you posted --> I have not heard any stories of treasure being shipped out of tayopa headed for santa fe, But nothing is impossible

~~~~~~``````

Why Santa Fe?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Mar 2013
    2964 times
    REAL DE TAYOPA TROPICAL TRAMP, why santa fe, IF Im reading the map right everything is coming from tayopa to rio del norte, to a warehouse in the caballo's,then the trail splits and goes around the caballo's to the north west to another warehouse, and the other trail goes to an unmarked location to the north east,not listed as a warehouse. the map shows santa fe at the north ,but the trails go to n e and nw of santa fe, my mistake , because neither trail goes to santa fe. what do you think.np ps the map shows the caballo's as one warehouse with three crosses, and to the nw is an unmarked location showing a warehouse with three crosses still to be identified. np

Page 2 of 221 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links