Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225
Results 3,361 to 3,367 of 3367
Like Tree6596Likes

Thread: DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2506 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It looks like a treasure hunter had found the treasures and left the box behind. Sorry for the man who found the box.
    Real of Tayopa likes this.

no
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    1044 times
    Trust is a precious commodity - seldom found! For myself, I have been extremely lucky in that aspect - not because I am clever picking partners, it just happened over time somehow.
    Simon1, markmar and Real of Tayopa like this.
    A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine

mt
    Sep 2014
    4837 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    I certainly don’t want to speak unkindly of the dead. I never met NP and for all I know, he was a great guy. However, based solely on his TNet posts on the VP threads and also on the LDM threads, I wouldn’t put any faith in anything he claimed. I suspect that there was never a buried box where you were looking. It’s my opinion that NP was, like many of us, gullible, and passed along faulty information gathered from who knows where. A review of some of his past claims may bring you to the same conclusion.

I would be very suspicious of your partner’s story. None of it makes sense. You likely haven’t lost anything in your absence except a seemingly very flaky partner. Rest easy and move on - you’re probably better off.
    "Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
    Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many."

Buddha

gr
    Oct 2012
    3910 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcfia View Post
    I certainly don’t want to speak unkindly of the dead. I never met NP and for all I know, he was a great guy. However, based solely on his TNet posts on the VP threads and also on the LDM threads, I wouldn’t put any faith in anything he claimed. I suspect that there was never a buried box where you were looking. It’s my opinion that NP was, like many of us, gullible, and passed along faulty information gathered from who knows where. A review of some of his past claims may bring you to the same conclusion.

I would be very suspicious of your partner’s story. None of it makes sense. You likely haven’t lost anything in your absence except a seemingly very flaky partner. Rest easy and move on - you’re probably better off.
    Steve

From what i remember , NP was fault only in the picture of the mission which he stated it's ruins are close to Burns ranch at the south end of Superstitions Mt.. But also then , the matter was not how the mission looked like , but if there ever existed one . Some people lost the esence of the story because were " hungry " to prove somebody wrong . Also that event , is not a motive to take all the other things NP wrote with a grain of salt .
    All of us , along our treasure hunting " career " , have heard a lot of stories , some common and some " tall " . There don't exist any formula to distinguish the real tales from the " tall " , but the only way to the truth is the " boots on the ground ".
    Can you prove , except the mission pic , how what another stories wrote NP were tall tales ?
    Simon1 and Real of Tayopa like this.
    Marius

There are many doors in and out of the mnts,but none so hidden as the ones in front of you.
    Do you possess the knowledge of the spirit to let you enter them? NP

The truth is the truth,no matter how you look at it,and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth . It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

mt
    Sep 2014
    4837 times
    The facts behind the factoids
    Quote Originally Posted by markmar View Post
    Steve

From what i remember , NP was fault only in the picture of the mission which he stated it's ruins are close to Burns ranch at the south end of Superstitions Mt.. But also then , the matter was not how the mission looked like , but if there ever existed one . Some people lost the esence of the story because were " hungry " to prove somebody wrong . Also that event , is not a motive to take all the other things NP wrote with a grain of salt .
    All of us , along our treasure hunting " career " , have heard a lot of stories , some common and some " tall " . There don't exist any formula to distinguish the real tales from the " tall " , but the only way to the truth is the " boots on the ground ".
    Can you prove , except the mission pic , how what another stories wrote NP were tall tales ?
    Now Marius, you know what the Greek Skeptics claimed - nothing is provable and for peace of mind we shouldn’t try too hard to prove anything. Especially treasure tales.

Yes, that mission claim certainly come to mind. Also, there were claims placing the LDM in CA which NP refused to support when challenged, as I recall. He also made a wild allegation some years ago regarding some sort of conspiracy in AZ (for which I’ve forgotten the specifics), but when I asked for an explanation and more details, I was ignored. That’s all well and good - I don’t care one way or another about any of it - but it shows a pattern and affects one’s general credibility, IMO. This stuff is in the old posts if you care to wade through them.

Re the Caballos - again, a questionable map, a few photos and no more information or explanations. As I said, NP might have been a great guy to chat with, but I wouldn’t personally invest a lot of effort in what he’s said in public.

Most treasure stories are tall tales. People who have, or think they have, true information about hidden treasure will never reveal it. That’s simple human nature. Anyone who invests serious “boots on the ground” time based on tall tales is either fooling himself or doesn’t care if his information is useful. No problem if all you’re looking for is an adventure.
    "Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
    Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many."

Buddha

it
    Sep 2016
    Mexico
    4643 times
    gentlemen, say what you wish, and it'll fit us, but I defy ayone to prove anything incorrect about his "lil map", it is correct with data that he couldn't possibly know at that time, I do, and would like to thank him through his widow.
    Last edited by Real of Tayopa; Apr 16, 2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Simon1, weekender, Loke and 6 others like this.

May 2017
    18 times
    WR,
    go to the site and see if there is a hole dug, that will give you a better idea. Not sure what kind of wooden box would still be in good shape after being buried for all those years. Seems like it would be rotted. But im new to all this.
    Real of Tayopa likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links