DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains - Page 227
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 227 of 227 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3405
Like Tree6656Likes

Thread: DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2012
    mid Michigan
    1098 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1955 View Post
    WR, you are neither paranoid nor foolish...your being smart. Keep your own company, you are the best friend you will ever have. I am a researcher, not a treasure hunter. I, along with others, have followed your postings for some years now. I think you are wise to hold back details that you feel are important to your quest. By now you should have figured out who you can trust in this venue. PM them. I did. I received a welcome response to my questions which sent me in different directions with my research. Take care, hope you find what your looking for.

Dirt
    Dirt:
    thanks for your advice and support. I am in contact with many from Tnet via PM and my own personal email. As you have found, they are supportive and exchanging important information. My quest, I feel, is moving forward nicely.
    For me, the adventure of this quest is reward enough. But, to be honest, I would love to solve a couple of the mysteries. 1. The Willie/Buster cave. 2. the Doc/Toni cave. Maybe not as much for the gold (which only complicates life) but for the challenge and the history.
    I will be on the ground again soon, and plan to take more pics and videos to post here on Tnet.
    take care everyone.
    wr

gold an glory

Jun 2007
    wyoming
    Love the DOC Noss picture. Too funny! Yes it is real and there are more carvings on the same tree- ( I am the one that took the photo ) --So curious how someone might be abe to give directions without knowing where I took this photo. ( I have actually told a few people how to reach this very spot- But people are lazy and want everything handed to them. None ever even tried- so it was a waste of my own time. ) Odds of anyone getting the directions? Well about as good as someone using my photo giving directions.
    sometimes there is more- that is where the truth hides, there is no gold and glory there-just fear! Fear that your door will be broken down and people you know will die- because of what you know.

Oct 2018
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Not sure but can show you about ten more of those in the region. One area in specific is covered in the same carvings.
    Riverbum likes this.

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    7196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wyoming View Post
    Love the DOC Noss picture. Too funny! Yes it is real and there are more carvings on the same tree- ( I am the one that took the photo ) --So curious how someone might be abe to give directions without knowing where I took this photo. ( I have actually told a few people how to reach this very spot- But people are lazy and want everything handed to them. None ever even tried- so it was a waste of my own time. ) Odds of anyone getting the directions? Well about as good as someone using my photo giving directions.

Wyoming,

Doc and Ova spent many a night camping all over the area, and Doc carved a lot of things into a lot of trees. The most prominent would be at Sardine Springs. Sardine Springs were named after Doc's favorite snack....canned sardines. You can still find old rusty sardine cans there.

Mike
    lilhub and Oroblanco like this.
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

"Where do they teach you to post like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

us
    May 2012
    mid Michigan
    1098 times
    Prospecting
    I sent you a PM about this post.

us
    May 2012
    mid Michigan
    1098 times
    Prospecting
    Just returned from 30 days in the Caballos.
    Finally climbed up the waterfall into Sardine canyon.
    Explored the bottom portion of Sardine, did not find anything interesting.
    No cave with iron cross larger than entrance
    No openings that went anywhere.
    hmmmm.
    UncleMatt and Oroblanco like this.

us
    May 2012
    mid Michigan
    1098 times
    Prospecting
    Then another day, went up to the towers, found the "old apache trail" and followed the trail out onto the top of "angels landing".
    Very nice old trail.
    Explored the top of angels landing and followed the "old apache trail" on around to where it crosses above Sardine canyon.
    Went down into the top portion of Sardine canyon. Again, not much interesting stuff but very vertical and rough.
    So, these two "adventures", let me explore the bottom portion of Sardine and the top portion of Sardine without any interesting findings.
    Must be that the interesting portions of Sardine are in the middle area. will take a multi day adventure to get into the middle area. to come at a later date.
    Must say, the "old apache trail" is a very sweet trail. amazingly beautiful and difficult country that they found a relatively easy trail to navigate.
    Was great walking a trail that chief Geronimo used his entire life. Had a very nice feel to it.
    wr

us
    Jan 2020
    Truth or Consequences
    Fisher Gold Bug, Bounty Hunter
    1 times
    I have read through this thread, enjoyed all the posts and information. Have just moved to T or C, NM, and settled in, bought a Jeep Wranger Rubicon, and started exploring the Caballos and surrounding areas. I see the last post in this thread was November of last year, any other more active threads on this area and Caballos, Noss, Doughit, etc. on Treasure Net?
    Oroblanco likes this.

us
    May 2012
    mid Michigan
    1098 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballo Skinwalker View Post
    I have read through this thread, enjoyed all the posts and information. Have just moved to T or C, NM, and settled in, bought a Jeep Wranger Rubicon, and started exploring the Caballos and surrounding areas. I see the last post in this thread was November of last year, any other more active threads on this area and Caballos, Noss, Doughit, etc. on Treasure Net?
    Welcome to the hunt. I will probly see you around the mountains. what color is your Rubicon? I will be back in the caballos march 1 to april 15. yahoo.

us
    Jan 2020
    Truth or Consequences
    Fisher Gold Bug, Bounty Hunter
    1 times

My jeep is now my profile pic.

Our Jeep is Silver/White, with gray/charcoal top and fender flares.

Yes, we would look forward to meeting you. Lately we have been spending time around the Palomas Gap, Burbank Canyon, Granite Canyon, area, but want to get back to Bat Cave Canyon soon.

Do you know Dennis, who is usually on his claim up Apache Gap a bit?

Sorry in the very late reply.

us
    May 2012
    mid Michigan
    1098 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballo Skinwalker View Post
    Our Jeep is Silver/White, with gray/charcoal top and fender flares.

Yes, we would look forward to meeting you. Lately we have been spending time around the Palomas Gap, Burbank Canyon, Granite Canyon, area, but want to get back to Bat Cave Canyon soon.

Do you know Dennis, who is usually on his claim up Apache Gap a bit?

Sorry in the very late reply.
    hI, Yes I know Dennis very well. We have gone many places together. I helped pull him out of the ditch when he broke his arm last spring. Hes a great guy.

us
    May 2012
    mid Michigan
    1098 times
    Prospecting
    So, the hunt got very real this month. I went to the Caballos on Sept 30.
    The next day, was climbing up the nw side of angels landing with a long time climbing partner.
    He was one of the few that can climb remote areas.
    So just as we arrived at the vertical limestone at noon, he suffered a heart attack.
    He would not admit he was in trouble, refused to call 911, and so we started back down by the easiest route possible.
    About 2/3 of the way back down to my quad, he said he needed to sit down and rest.
    As he was sitting down, he just laid back and tipped over.
    I called 911 and started cpr.
    What made this so real is that it took over 1 hour for a helicopter to locate us. The copter could not land because of the terrain.
    He hovered to guide the ground rescue personel. It was another hour before the first help arrived.
    Unfortunately it was too late, my partner was dead.
    So, I guess what I want to stress is that if you venture into rugged high altitude terrain, dont plan on any quick help if a situation develops.
    Be prepared to be your own survival plan. I doubt rescue personnel could have even gotten to us where he initially had the issue.
    Luckily we were 2/3 of the way back down. Even at that lower location ground personnel were not really in physical shape to get to us quickly.

On a good note, he died where he loved to be, doing what he loved to do. Quick painless, gone. Not sitting in some rest home drooling on himself.
    Its the way he always said he wanted to go.
    RIP partner.

WR
    dredgernaut, markmar and cyzak like this.

us
    Sep 2004
    central Texas
    29 times
    Very sorry to hear that sad time

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,Noggin,Do the math.
    2358 times
    So sorry to hear about your partner whiskeyrat but glad to hear he was happy to be out there doing what he loved. I had almost the same incident happen a couple of years ago we had hiked in 6 miles when things went bad I had a sat phone and had a plan already to go. He got med vac out of there by chopper right were we were at and did survey but messed up for awhile.He came and saw me about 6 months later and thanked me he said I would take a bullet for you Cyzak but I will never hike into that god forsaken place again lol. That's why now I go solo so I do not have that worry and if something happens I was doing what I loved..
    markmar and whiskeyrat like this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like humanity. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

gr
    Oct 2012
    White's Spectrum XLT
    5504 times
    I'm sorry for your partner passing. I believe was a real shock for you but was so real and is what could happen at every step in those rugget mountains.
    My condolences to you and to his family.
    cyzak and whiskeyrat like this.
    Marius

If your true to your heart, you will never go wrong. The truth is the truth, no matter how you look at it, and in every treasure story and legend there is a grain of truth. It's up to your spirit and heart to know the difference. NP

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links