Willie L Douthit

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't comment on what evidence you've been shown - sounds interesting, hopefully it's the real deal. Your guy wasn't associated in any way with that Tesoro Alma dude who was recently convicted of investment fraud was he? Hope not. Anyway, does your discussion with the old guy help you in any way with the goals you've set for yourself in the Caballos?

SDCFIA: sorry its been so long. i kinda lost track of this thread. just reviewing old threads tonight. So, no my friend is not associated with Nick (tesoro alma dude). This all happened in 1975 before Nick Flemming (tesoro Alma) got the claims.
I am very sure its the real deal, as far as there were gold bars recovered (they went to Kansas in a false bottom truck), they were assayed and were 55 percent gold, then silver and copper. I can not prove they were not planted as part of some scam. But as I said, to dig a hole that deep and put in a 36 inch steel pipe (culvert) to fake a recovery? I guess it could happen?
WR

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whiskey rat, such a hole dug through solid granite would still exist today. Does it? I am not aware of any such hole, but the old Smoke Hole has a 36" pipe installed in it that might be that deep. Videos of that are on youtube. Is that the hole you are referring to?

HI UM: sorry for the delay. kinda forgot about this thread. Was reviewing old threads tonight and found this, so:
Yes the hole still exists today. It is known as the "Drolte hole". Fred Drolte dug it in 1975. My friend was working for Fred and was the one blasting the hole and setting the 36 inch diameter pipe (culvert) into the hole in 20 foot sections.
It is on the south side of Granite Peak. Very well known spot. Nick Flemming (tesoro Del Alma) know owns the claims. He is in trouble for scamming investors. He had nothing to do with it in 1975.
The hole has a very well designed steel door over it that is well locked. It goes down about 120 feet.
It is not the "smoke hole". The smoke hole is about 1/4 mile west of the Drolte Hole and down the mountain about 200 feet lower that the drolte hole.
I have about 1/2 convinced myself that the smoke hole is connected to the drolte hole. For reasons I wont say here.
The bars that were recovered, were found in a room as they sunk the hole down in 20 foot sections. I wont say at what level right now. But not at the 120 foot level where the pipe currently ends.
They set off a charge and when they went in to muck it out, a section of the side of the hole (opposite the charge) had collapsed into a small chamber with the bars in the chamber.
A truck they had never seen was brought up, it had a false bottom, they loaded the bars into the truck and it was never seen again. it had Kansas plates on the truck.
At that time there was a 2 inch pipe on one side for air, a 2 inch pipe on the opposite side for water, and an elevator to go up and down as they progressed.
WR

cobiker35

Dec 17, 2022
SDCFIA: sorry its been so long. i kinda lost track of this thread. just reviewing old threads tonight. So, no my friend is not associated with Nick (tesoro alma dude). This all happened in 1975 before Nick Flemming (tesoro Alma) got the claims.
I am very sure its the real deal, as far as there were gold bars recovered (they went to Kansas in a false bottom truck), they were assayed and were 55 percent gold, then silver and copper. I can not prove they were not planted as part of some scam. But as I said, to dig a hole that deep and put in a 36 inch steel pipe (culvert) to fake a recovery? I guess it could happen?
WR
WR, very interested in a chat. After suing Fleming and TDA I have ended up with the Drolte Hole claims, very uninformed on the history……could you help? Thanks, Cobiker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions