All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 643

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Those are the Bounty Hunters for Coyotes .

they get $35 a Skin , and $35 for the Kill .

The Meth Labs are in Juarez .

no toot for the snoot on this one

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real, Amigo:coffee2:
Does that sound good or what,coyote stew, maybe mixed with a little road runner appetizer Hmmmmmmmmmmm.:occasion16:NP:cat:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP amigo, the road runers are bult almost exactly like the Chachalacas that my partner and I had for our dinners in the Yucatan while looking for Mayan ruins. not reccomended unless you are quite hungry. One would feed both of us when mixed with rice. I'm the one holding the Machete gathering Oysters.

A walk in the Sun down Mexicos W coast©@®.jpg

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real, Amigo:coffee2:
very nice picks,Im sure those memory's are preserved in your heart in a special place,we all have them.:censored:np:cat:

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Bet some thought that was the Stone Cabin I spoke of .

Take Highway , turn sideways

stop at road side attraction
eat Fry Bread

Add 2 oz. of Acetone to Gas Tank and fill Tank up with Gas

Watch for slim Hipped Lady

wave Hi to her
and drive North to Huge Rock Formation .

Call next of Kin and informed them you about about to enter The Vortex

Once inside Vortex , Paint a Still Life of a Pyramid in a Jungle

Return from Vortex as the Still Life Painting takes on Physical Form .

200 years from now , when the Pyramid is Found ,,,,,
People will wonder who built it and claim it was a Sun Worshiper Monument and charge Tourist admission
to enter and take pictures of it .

That Friends , is how it's done .

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet some thought that was the Stone Cabin I spoke of .

Take Highway , turn sideways

stop at road side attraction
eat Fry Bread

Add 2 oz. of Acetone to Gas Tank and fill Tank up with Gas

Watch for slim Hipped Lady

wave Hi to her
and drive North to Huge Rock Formation .

Call next of Kin and informed them you about about to enter The Vortex

Once inside Vortex , Paint a Still Life of a Pyramid in a Jungle

Return from Vortex as the Still Life Painting takes on Physical Form .

200 years from now , when the Pyramid is Found ,,,,,
People will wonder who built it and claim it was a Sun Worshiper Monument and charge Tourist admission
to enter and take pictures of it .

That Friends , is how it's done .

Wow, what ever you're on, how 'bout givin' me some.:laughing7:

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hopefully this isnt to old a thread, but we were up there this summer, on the east side by the towers. saw an area just south-east of the towers that had a campsite juat like this

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, I was at that camp a few times last month.
I inquired of the locals as to what it was all about.
I got 2 very different stories.

1. Long ago, there was a shaft dug 150 foot deep somewhere around that camp. It accessed a lava tube that went all the way past Victorio peak. A model T Ford was lowered into the lava tube in pieces, reassembled and driven back and forth bringing back bags full of huge gold nuggets. Fast forward to recent. Some rich guy in Texas has offered a $10K reward for the recovery of that model T. Some guys found the shaft and are in the process of recovering the model T. The campers were flown to the site with helicopters. The final goal is not the recovery of the model T but access to the huge gold nugget field. Apparently the rich guy in Texas was the guy who did it long ago and he wants the model T back.

2. The camp is a government operation. Nobody knows what they are doing. But every now and then the government agents go up there and do what they do. Research or spying I guess.

Every time I was up there the camp was empty which kinda supports the government theory.
Surprisingly, I was told by both versions that if I approached the camp I would be met with armed men and told to leave. I guess either government black ops types or bad ass model T searchers. I never met either.
Kinda disappointed as I would have been interested in helping recover and old model T.

So take both stories for what they are worth, Im just saying what I was told. If I ever actually find anyone around the camp, maybe I will find out the truth, maybe not. Might just get run off. Might get to help bring up an old model T.

wr.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I was at that camp a few times last month.
I inquired of the locals as to what it was all about.
I got 2 very different stories.

1. Long ago, there was a shaft dug 150 foot deep somewhere around that camp. It accessed a lava tube that went all the way past Victorio peak. A model T Ford was lowered into the lava tube in pieces, reassembled and driven back and forth bringing back bags full of huge gold nuggets. Fast forward to recent. Some rich guy in Texas has offered a $10K reward for the recovery of that model T. Some guys found the shaft and are in the process of recovering the model T. The campers were flown to the site with helicopters. The final goal is not the recovery of the model T but access to the huge gold nugget field. Apparently the rich guy in Texas was the guy who did it long ago and he wants the model T back.

2. The camp is a government operation. Nobody knows what they are doing. But every now and then the government agents go up there and do what they do. Research or spying I guess.

Every time I was up there the camp was empty which kinda supports the government theory.
Surprisingly, I was told by both versions that if I approached the camp I would be met with armed men and told to leave. I guess either government black ops types or bad ass model T searchers. I never met either.
Kinda disappointed as I would have been interested in helping recover and old model T.

So take both stories for what they are worth, Im just saying what I was told. If I ever actually find anyone around the camp, maybe I will find out the truth, maybe not. Might just get run off. Might get to help bring up an old model T.

wr.

Yeah, ha ha - "for what they're worth." At least they're fun. Want more fun? Read the William White book on the Caballos - you can get a copy at a few places in town, like at the museum gift shop. You'll read all about the secret military base within the mountains.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hiking though the caballos with the help of google earth ( the only way my doctor says I can) and what do I find

A bunch of campers on a remote hill (see picture)

What do you think Meth or treasure, my moneys on Meth

I had heard TorC was a Meth haven

That is a group of people who were doing some treasure prospecting in that area a few years back, its not meth dealers. That was their base camp. I don't know if anyone recalls, a guy posted about his brother's company that was up there and they found a camera watching a cave entrance, just to the north from there about 2/3rds of a mile away.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I remember that but cant recall the name of that thread, the brothers were at odds, there was a picture supossedly from that cave that had a pole notched ladder
like the indians used to make, and looked alot like pictures of the ladder found in victorio peak, lots of that stuff was disputed and alot of the forum members
were getting kind of foul and attacking one another, so the mod's deleted lots of the post's.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember the name of the thread, but I remember that too. The pictures were basically modern recreations of old pics Doc had taken (to show that Doc had been in this cave).

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread