adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trinity is there and it was bombed with first atom bomb but no bomb after . i read the Willie thread today and it is interesting to me
because Sam brought willie to T or C in 1970 s and if it the same willie i think it is because he also tlked about gap where gold and old mine is
hid . Sam was treasure man from Austin texas and talked a lot about old times to people and asked questions a lot . you people know old man
Fred ? last name Drolte who had a gang of men in the mountains and they shoot at people who come close to them ? The friends down the street from where
we lived in T or C got mad at that guy and they went to the mountain and shot at those men up there for all morning long . the sherrif laughed when
ask if he was going up there and stop them . I think in 1976 maybe . the whole family and friends went up there to shoot at fred and those men .
then they came back and we watched them drink and talk about those men won't shoot at nobody no more because they scared them . and there was
another man who i think is Sam brother name Norm and he was big guy and bought a lot of stuff and went in the mountain with it and when he was there
he bought some soda for us and ask questions about old people and miners and stuff .
I like Norm and would like to see him some day because i think he did get something out of the mountain with Sam and Willie but I want to ask if he really did.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Shucks SDC, NP's lil map shows that they came from the mines of Tayopa and assoiated mines in Sonora, and Chihuahua Mexico.

Are you saying the Jesuits hauled copper bars from Mexico to the Caballos? Why would they do that? It was the mint in Chihuahua that needed the copper. Better see if np has a story to explain it, or maybe another map.

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying the Jesuits hauled copper bars from Mexico to the Caballos? Why would they do that? It was the mint in Chihuahua that needed the copper. Better see if np has a story to explain it, or maybe another map.

no i am not saying anything about copper by jesuits at all . I know about copper bars being found in a crack of a cave and at another place
near T or C in the Caballos and one place in Palomas Gap . and the copper bars that came from victorio peak area from a crack in the lower part
of the peak near that big spring near the cat tails on the north side of the peak . the men made the crack bigger and got inside to take
the copper bars out . the whole thing took a few trucks to get them out . those were copper but I don't think any Jesuits stuff was with the copper

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SDC, they were DORE' bars, mine run. and they contained enough Au to make them interesting. Incidentally, it was on the route to Matamoros where they shiped them to Rome.

They wern't so interested in the Cu as the Au. What better way too move contraband Au, than to apparenly be movng bars of Cu in open sight?

Then again, perhaps 'you' are correct about the Cu being from the mines in NM?? At this point all we can do is to therorize. This much I can say, the bars from Tayopa were not so much Cu as preious metal, ag. But the predominant metals from the mines of N Sonora were mixed with Cu, which maks a beautiful combination, used in their Au coinage. ,
:coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi my friend SDC. :coffee2::coffee2:. One thing that I can say about Dobie is that his map of Tayopa is almost 99% correct. I have yet too find out where he got it. I have another map to Tayopa, I would post it but with TN's statement of ownership, I am reluctant. But it has slightly more information

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
someone is confused and i think maybe it is me . because the copper is not there at the peak because of Jesuit people . no church stuff was
found there that any man talked about . only that a crack was opened up and copper bars were taken out and the bars were not worth to much
money . he said the bars were rough cast like some poor people cast them . I am sure if Jesuit or Church did it the mine would have the
nice molds to pour in . he said that the bars looked like they were dropped down through a crack into the cave because they were not in a
hand laid stack . but if i thought about who put them there i would say it was a raiding people not the people who made them . where the bars
came from is something neat to know but i don't know . a lot of things were lost in the deserts because people try to cross the desert and die so much .
maybe the bars came from a pack train on the Joranado when the people of the transport died and the bars were found by some one . also that no one knows
if the bars were from there or from the north , south , east or west just that these were copper and in a strange place to store bars with no copper mines
close by .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of them articles that gets people embarrassed I think . it is about the Victorio Peak Treasure .
https://dailyoddsandends.wordpress....ton-doc-noss-biggest-con-of-the-20th-century/

adtofda,

A poorly written article that left out a LOT of evidence that contradicted the basis of his story.

Fiege and Berlette both took polygraph tests as to what they saw in their cave. They both passed with NO INDICATION of them lying. Several people got gold bars from Doc Noss that were absolutely authentic. Tony Jolley helped Doc rebury 110 of the almost 300 bars Doc wanted to rehide the night before consummating his deal with Ryan. Jolley went back starting in 1961 and tried to find those bars. He was successful in finding one spot where ten bars were buried. He used those ten bars to buy the ranch he willed to his son. He also didn't mention Bennie Samaniego. Bennie got his suit of Spanish Armor and a gold bar from Doc for all his help at VP. He bought a house with that gold bar, and wore the armor in parades for years after.

There is a ton more, but you get my point.

Mike

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi my friend SDC. :coffee2::coffee2:. One thing that I can say about Dobie is that his map of Tayopa is almost 99% correct. I have yet too find out where he got it. I have another map to Tayopa, I would post it but with TN's statement of ownership, I am reluctant. But it has slightly more information

Real de toyopa Mr. Dobie wrote about shadow symbols and he was right there too . he had good information . why i talk about the shadows is because
when i was young and maybe 8 years old i was on the rio grande river and under a salt cedar just resting in the shade when i saw the sun light up a symbol on the mountain at sunset . before then and after then i never saw that symbol at any time except on that same date each year . in june summer solstice . it is up high in the Caballo Mountain and you can see it a long way away . Old people told me back then that the same thing is on other side east and you
can see it from the old trail there is also the ranch house near that small town named gama in the morning the sun shines on the mountain and you see an arrow shadow pointing up the canyon . my older brother lived in that old house i think he had a picture from then . he died . so i don't have a picture from him .

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de toyopa Mr. Dobie wrote about shadow symbols and he was right there too . he had good information . why i talk about the shadows is because
when i was young and maybe 8 years old i was on the rio grande river and under a salt cedar just resting in the shade when i saw the sun light up a symbol on the mountain at sunset . before then and after then i never saw that symbol at any time except on that same date each year . in june summer solstice . it is up high in the Caballo Mountain and you can see it a long way away . Old people told me back then that the same thing is on other side east and you
can see it from the old trail there is also the ranch house near that small town named gama in the morning the sun shines on the mountain and you see an arrow shadow pointing up the canyon . my older brother lived in that old house i think he had a picture from then . he died . so i don't have a picture from him .
And that is a very interesting post!

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I was in that small town (ghost town) (actually nothing there now) of Grama a couple of months ago. I need to go back there on the summer solstice and see that sight.
wr

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in that small town (ghost town) (actually nothing there now) of Grama a couple of months ago. I need to go back there on the summer solstice and see that sight.
wr

Whisky , do as I instructed , contact Joseph Cummins have him guide you to Polomas Gap on the east side of Caballos , find the BIG spring at the bluff
there are 3 but this is the largest of the three springs
you will want to excavate that spring .
i am NOT fibbing to you , you will enjoy that place .
his webpage is silverprospector or something like that . pm Joe get directions to that Spring and go there .

hooch

Banned
Aug 4, 2008
Ahwatukee
there is an old man who is probly dead now but that man daughter was my granma friend a long time ago and her dad
was in that mountain ever since he was born and then they moved because the army made them.
she told granma about the old man Doc and he story and the story her dad said about the army came and dug a cave on the
low place on the mountain near the big spring and he was there with a truck and they put a bunch of trucks with bars at his shop
for a few days . She said that he had some of those and the bars were just very old copper bars and the man gave away most of them .
Granma said when the woman let her look at the copper bar it was not done very good and it looked very old and they think the mold they used
was just a sand kind of pouring . a lot of the old people when i was a little kid would laugh about treasure of doc . it was a local joke to the people
in T or C , one man that owned the store said that docs wife had to move away because the town people didn't like her and always made fun of her
for telling a lie about gold treasure . i bet real old bricks of copper are still hid where the old spain mined over in santa rita , some times a man will
find a little of them out in that area .

Damn, had to have my brothers 2nd grader translate this post for me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread