Pedro Navarez in Caballo Mountains or Organ Mountains????

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello SDCFIA,
I'm wondering if you have tried hiking over to the point where a person could repel down to those entries from the spot above those entries on the cliff side ,maybe a clue nearby, perhaps, hopefully. I really like those pictures , it shows me just how far people would risk their lives for a chance at some gold or ??? It does look like someone placed those stones in front to make it a little more difficult to see from a distance.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello SDCFIA,
I'm wondering if you have tried hiking over to the point where a person could repel down to those entries from the spot above those entries on the cliff side ,maybe a clue nearby, perhaps, hopefully. I really like those pictures , it shows me just how far people would risk their lives for a chance at some gold or ??? It does look like someone placed those stones in front to make it a little more difficult to see from a distance.

I don't know where those caves are. I was told the photos were taken in southern NM, which to me, from the looks of them, could be in the Caballos, Organs, Cookes, or maybe the Franklins. Or another range in the region. Yes, it appears someone did a lot of work to obscure the visibility of those caves.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know where those caves are. I was told the photos were taken in southern NM, which to me, from the looks of them, could be in the Caballos, Organs, Cookes, or maybe the Franklins. Or another range in the region. Yes, it appears someone did a lot of work to obscure the visibility of those caves.
Southern New Mexico has a lot more secrets it can give, all a person needs to do is get out there and explore it.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally know a lot about the Franklins around El Paso, but don't think thats one of the areas there, but I won't bet on it either, The other three ranges you've listed are highly likely, kind of reminds me of some of the Soledad canyon area (organs)

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally know a lot about the Franklins around El Paso, but don't think thats one of the areas there, but I won't bet on it either, The other three ranges you've listed are highly likely, kind of reminds me of some of the Soledad canyon area (organs)

The Franklins are-well situated for treasure caches - on the Rio Grande, on the El Camino Real de Tierra Adentro, on the US/Mexico border. It's a rough range with plenty of hiding places, but you never hear much about it. That might be by design.

The other three ranges are rife with legends. Of the three, I've spent the most time in the Cookes Range. Awesome place with many speculations of Aztec mines and Spanish activities. My personal belief is that a bigger story lies to the northwest in the heavily mineralized Pinos Altos/Santa Rita region. I've spent some time in the Organs - spectacular mountains, but they don't grab me for rich mines. Could be caches in there though. For the last hundred years, the Caballos have attracted eccentrics and con men pushing treasure legends. I don't like poking around in places with so many others around. That said, I believe there are likely enormous caches in there somewhere, maybe dating from way before the Spanish era. There are plenty of places to look for caches, but without good information the odds are close to zero for success, IMO. The well-known stories have been looked at by many folks, all with pretty much the same results.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It kinda looks like some kind of markings on those stones. Near.jpg

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SDCFIA, I have to agree with you on the Cooke's Range, very few people poking around there, but what an interesting place. Considering its on the way to, or coming from Silver City, Kingston, etc... area,there could be plenty there whether actual gold deposits or caches. I have good luck metal detecting the area found many empty cartridges dating back to 1860s (?), also found a wagon that fell off the road to a mine area with a big tree growing through it. Also, the pictures you've shown of those caves or entries really look like something from Cooke Range because some of those cliff there are quite high

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
SDCFIA, I have to agree with you on the Cooke's Range, very few people poking around there, but what an interesting place. Considering its on the way to, or coming from Silver City, Kingston, etc... area,there could be plenty there whether actual gold deposits or caches. I have good luck metal detecting the area found many empty cartridges dating back to 1860s (?), also found a wagon that fell off the road to a mine area with a big tree growing through it. Also, the pictures you've shown of those caves or entries really look like something from Cooke Range because some of those cliff there are quite high

Lots of graves, cartridges, breastworks, etc in Cookes Canyon between Fort Cummings and Frying Pan Canyon - on the old Butterfield Trail. Plenty of Apache trouble back in the day.

Bendsie22

Banned
Nov 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Satellite, very far up. location of Gold Bar Cave. well, close to it.

Organ Mountains N.M..jpg

Bendsie22

Banned
Nov 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those caves are located in Dorsey Canyon, Organ Mountains New Mexico.

on a Peak one mile up inside Dorcey Canyon from Soledad Canyon.

Too late. the Bars are Gone.

This was a Cave Roger Snow found in 1982, following his Father's Directions.

inside again,

rogerdorceycave.png

this too is near the Caves

a Treasure Below a Turtle.

see yellow circle. the Map for the Treasure is in the yellow circle
the Yellow Arrow points north toward another Treasure
bottom yellow arrow show Turtle Stone Monument with Treasure buried under it.

Thank Roger Snow/Treasminder2 for the Pics and Information.

thumbnail_Roger in Organ Mnts.jpg

Picto Graph Map for Tortuga Treasure.jpg

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those caves are located in Dorsey Canyon, Organ Mountains New Mexico.

on a Peak one mile up inside Dorcey Canyon from Soledad Canyon.

Too late. the Bars are Gone.

This was a Cave Roger Snow found in 1982, following his Father's Directions.

inside again,

View attachment 1878543

this too is near the Caves

a Treasure Below a Turtle.

see yellow circle. the Map for the Treasure is in the yellow circle
the Yellow Arrow points north toward another Treasure
bottom yellow arrow show Turtle Stone Monument with Treasure buried under it.

Thank Roger Snow/Treasminder2 for the Pics and Information.

View attachment 1878545

View attachment 1878544

Thank you for sharing your information and the photos good luck to you out there.

Bendsie22

Banned
Nov 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your information and the photos good luck to you out there.

Thank you for Thanking the Source.

not many ever do that.

Saddam'sgolden invasion.jpg

btw, the photo below is actually taken in the Caballos Mountains, by a Member here.

Near.jpg

now for the far shot, Caballos Mountains, I will not divulge exact Canyon.

Far.jpg

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bendsie22

Banned
Nov 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
e3fbafc8f0213585e865725691d75b71--beetlejuice-tim-burton.jpg

and now, a couple more recovered Caches, Cookes Range N.M. near Deming.

almost a Ton of Silver Bars were recovered from this Crack.

Chato Caches 007.JPG

let's sneak a peek inside the Crack, this is looking down at the Floor of the Cache, see any Silver Bars?

nope, they were stolen a couple decades ago.

Chato Caches 005.JPG

Bendsie22

Banned
Nov 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think there were more depositary's in the area than the ones pictured here.

watch for following post, " If" I can get them on here, yes, many repositories through out the South Central Portion
of New Mexico.

Here, Have a True Knights Templar Pictograph.

Florida Mnt.'s N.M.
I'll be there in about two weeks

glean the Pics quick, they never stay long on this Forum. Note The Templar Sword, and as well, a Selkirk Sword.
Obvious Templar Imagery .

in New Mexico?

sword in one hand and a moorish sword.jpg

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1694 the Spanish were in the area of Alamosa Colo but you already new that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread