Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: florida group trying to get permit to remove Doc Noss Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2009
    Moscow, Idaho
    Garrett GTI 2500
    1 times

Re: florida group trying to get permit to remove Doc Noss Gold

JudyH, Thanks for the explanation of a para and dia. This does make sence to me and explains some things that have been puzzling me for some time.

us
    Cptbild

Oct 2005
    NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
    1 times

Doc Noss FOUND, took & sold, gold bars from "2" Separate & Different Caches !
    In 2 different cavern/mine locations, miles apart !
    This information comes from a Noss family member (My Partner)
    AND!
    I have personally seen, this Information/PROOF!
    Cptbild & Bugs

Cptbil

Mar 2003
    Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
    10 times

As LARGE as these 2 caches are....
    Doc was actually looking for a MUCH LARGER cache when he found these "2" !

I believe that I may have accidently found the general location of this, when I was last in the
    Caballo Mtns

There sure are enough treasure signs in this area, to indicate that something BIG!
    Is nearby
    CptBil & Bugs

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    4 times

Interesting thread.
    I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.

us
    Jun 2005
    Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
    3 times

Tag !
    Enthusiasm without " Knowledge " is like running in the Dark !!!

us
    Nov 2004
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
    4 times

Well there is the steel door on Victorio Peak, I wonder if I could talk Geraldo into looking into it, unless he is still feeling the sting of Capone's vault...
    BH 505
    4" Coil
    8" Coil
    10" Coil

us
    Nov 2009
    Panama City, FL

So here is my question. sfloto? Is Nick your brother? I know that purchase has claimed that he has a site in this area and pulled bars from it. I have read all the posts on his site and was really interested. I'm just curious.

us
    May 2008
    Brighton, Colorado
    Whites 808, Eagle Spectrum, Cibola & more
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I really enjoy the southern part of NM. You are working an interesting area of our country. I have been all over the Caballo Mountains and enjoy discovering Spanish treasure markers and all of the interesting things out in the field. I and others that explore that area are armed to the teeth to protect us from nuts in that area. Most folks are on public lands and we will not let this area become like AZ by those protecting a questionable lost treasure. When someone has legal rights to an area and posts them then people might respect that claim. Just because you are trying to get a claim means squat diddally du.

I looked at the map and it appears you are south of Hatch, NM. Are you in the Caballo Mountains or the Seria De Las Uvas area? I hope you find what you are looking for and I respect your quest. I only hope you folks respect others rights to enjoy our lands too.

Thanks, Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image519.jpg 
Views:	3546 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	356529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image519.jpg 
Views:	3498 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	356661  

Jan 2008
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by JamesFariello

I really enjoy the southern part of NM. You are working an interesting area of our country. I have been all over the Caballo Mountains and enjoy discovering Spanish treasure markers and all of the interesting things out in the field. I and others that explore that area are armed to the teeth to protect us from nuts in that area. Most folks are on public lands and we will not let this area become like AZ by those protecting a questionable lost treasure. When someone has legal rights to an area and posts them then people might respect that claim. Just because you are trying to get a claim means squat diddally du.

I looked at the map and it appears you are south of Hatch, NM. Are you in the Caballo Mountains or the Seria De Las Uvas area? I hope you find what you are looking for and I respect your quest. I only hope you folks respect others rights to enjoy our lands too.

Thanks, Jim

Jim,
    You brought up an interesting question that I have been pondering for a while. Just how safe is it for a person to go wandering/driving around in the N.M. deserts/mountians. I had been considering taking the family down to AZ. and NM. and I didn't know what safety/security considerations I needed to be conscious of if I were to get "Off the beaten path" so to speak. Do I need to keep the family out of the "Remote" areas....I'm not worried about "Surviving in the Desert" issues. I'm worried about surviving the "Two Legged" issues I may encounter.

Anyone have any advice, experience, stories...... DO SHARE!!

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1152 times

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymann
    You brought up an interesting question that I have been pondering for a while. Just how safe is it for a person to go wandering/driving around in the N.M. deserts/mountians. I had been considering taking the family down to AZ. and NM. and I didn't know what safety/security considerations I needed to be conscious of if I were to get "Off the beaten path" so to speak. Do I need to keep the family out of the "Remote" areas....I'm not worried about "Surviving in the Desert" issues. I'm worried about surviving the "Two Legged" issues I may encounter.

Anyone have any advice, experience, stories...... DO SHARE!!
    You should be perfectly fine in most places - New Mexicans for the most part are the kind of people you'll want to know. The locations that you will not be welcome in are generally marked by signs or blocked by locked gates. I would avoid all remote areas south of Interstate 10 - way too much border weirdness potential there. I would also avoid the Caballo Mountains - a kook magnet. I aways carry a handgun when I'm in the hills. Never had to use it, but it's a security thing - good noise maker in case of animal difficulty, and a last-chance defense against any other threat. You know - it's the times we live in.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

Jan 2008
    4 times

So does anyone have an Update on if these guys have "Actually" found anything in the cave they posted pictures of?

It really does sound very much like the Victorio Peak story. I truly wonder if this is in deed the cave that Doc Noss found, and that may be he "Did" come up with an elaborate scheme that involved using Victorio Peak as a "Patsy" so to speak, for where the gold was "Supposedly" originally found? I don't think that it would be too much of a far fetched angle for Doc Noss to have come up with to both keep anyone from stealing his gold, as well as give him a way to "Go Public" with it. However, the problem with this story is that if that were the case, then that doesn't explain why his relatives were so hell bent on excavating Victorio Peak, Unless no one, but no one "Really" knew the whole story except for Doc Noss!??

us
    May 2008
    Brighton, Colorado
    Whites 808, Eagle Spectrum, Cibola & more
    2 times

Most of the area in the Caballo is safe. I think some folks in the area of TorC might become very upset if someone went treasure hunting in an area they are working. God forbid if you found something they had been looking for. Some of them would take it from you as they might feel it was theirs as they spent so much time looking for it. Most folks are very nice and that 1% of the people are what anyone might be fearful of.

Yes the southern part of NM and AZ are areas to avoid. I have property in Columbus NM and stay away from it as it is 3 miles from Mexico. The area is very unsafe and anything below I-10 needs to be evaluated by you before going south. The last time I was in the booth area of NM it was pretty safe. I would think twice before going there at this time.

I am a retired cop and being armed to the teeth is a 44 mag hand gun and 44 mag rifle with a 22 mag snake shot handgun. I hope I didn't scare you. If you enter the Caballo Mountains you better have a good snake gun as you will come across them every time you enter that area. Go on youtube and enter Caballo and you will see what the area is like and what is going on with treasure hunting in that area. It is very interesting to see those that hunt for lost treasure and who knows, they might just find it.
    If you are in the Caballo and see a green RZR and a old man with a white haired fuzzy face, say hi, it might be me. If you go into the Cabal lo one thing, BE PREPARED for any emergency. Your cell phone may work or might not. WATER, WATER and more WATER. Have fun and again for the most part it is safe for families, just be careful as the area is remote. javascript:void(0);

us
    Apr 2006
    northeast Wisconsin
    Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
    7 times

tag
    Yup. The end of a way of life. Too bad. It's a good way. Wagons forward! Yo!

Charter Member
    om
    Jan 2006
    SoCal
    Modded SD2000 / XTerra70 / Fisher Gemini /
    883 times

What Doc Noss found was indeed under Victorio Peak. No reason for he and the rest of his family to have been fighting Uncle Sam from 1937 until present if that was not the case.

I personally spoke with the man who wrote the article about Doc Noss and Victorio Peak. He lived with the family for several months while writing the article. He interviewed family and friends who helped pull a lot of the bars and such out to hide in separate caches. I also firmly believe that anything that may have been under Victorio Peak has long since been removed by our government.

The Caballo Mountains was along a very well traveled route for the Colonial Spanish and Jesuits. I don't doubt that there are several caches hidden in those mountains. I know someone who found a 4ft tall Iron Crucifix there that sits in his house to this day.

Best of luck and Happy New Year-Mike
    Check out 1ORO1.COM

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1152 times

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado
    Well no matter what! One thing is for certain William Floto had claimed over an active claim. Tres Oro is the claim name staked on
    12-20-2006 and filed on 03-29-07 Mr Floto claimed the Dream On claim on 05-29-07 & filed on 08-24-2007.
    and then another claim was filed named Quest 1 on 08-18-2009 By a Randy Collandra I guess another member from the group.
    At any rate we have a request in for a contact # for the group because we own the Tres Oro claim and it appears SOME ONE HAS BEEN WORKING IT! I am sure it was an honest mistake we had heard there were people out there but wasn't to concerned about it. it's not like someone would be able to get anything with out a great amount of work . This is why nothing has been removed.
    Overstaking is a long standing tradition in the mining game. If the claims have any value, the matter is often settled in court or by a compromise of some sort. Even if your paper trail is immaculate, you still have to deal with it.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors