florida group trying to get permit to remove Doc Noss Gold

BerntOut

Jan 12, 2010
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening, just returned to this site, sorry for the delay.

Sfloto: You posted -->Tell me real de toyopa did you follow a story or was it research and luck
---------------------
All three frankly, plus an excellent guardian angel.
*******************************************************************************************************************
You also posted -->To real de tayopa congratulation that was 50 years ago, would you go to a Financial planner who said "hey I made a killing in the stock market in the 1960
---------------------
Frankly, what has changed in the last 100 years in Treasure hunting except for the toys? Actually, 60 + years ago, the stories were far less diluted, now so many different versions of each are in existence that you need a point of reference from before the proliferation of writers changed them so much.. So, despite your points being so different, yes, I would go to an older, successful treasure hunter for information.

¿Where did you get the idea that Tayopa was found 50 years ago? Tayopa was just recently titled. The pictured treasure is just one of 8 mule loads of 8 Reales, from a bandit action, one of the treasures found along the way. It was posted simply because any statute of limitations has long been gone , plus it was in Mexico..

As for any profits, ¿do you just drink them up or invest them? You go from there what I did.çç

Don Jose de La Mancha

Big K

May 12, 2007
This florida group by any chance post on another website under florida photographer.

sfloto you ever heard of roger snow? he saw the government take the gold form Vicy peak

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Roger actually saw anything. I'm not sure whether he said his dad did or not though.

I don't think anybody but military people saw any gold being taken out of there. Don't get me wrong. I think it WAS there, and now there is nothing but a set of big empty caves.

Best-Mike

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
gollum said:
I don't think Roger actually saw anything. I'm not sure whether he said his dad did or not though.

I don't think anybody but military people saw any gold being taken out of there. Don't get me wrong. I think it WAS there, and now there is nothing but a set of big empty caves.

Best-Mike

I agree on all points. Roger has been all over Hembrillo Basin, but his primary interests have been in the Organ Mountains, quite a few miles south of Hembrillo Basin.

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Found this old letter in regards to discoveries on Victorio Peak thought maybe some of you out there would find it interesting.

victorioletter.jpg

www.spindlequest.com/newmexicogold.html

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,

You do know that if you mouth off enough, and in enough places, and you get permission to get "Doc Noss's gold", you have to prove its his gold. And if it is, you all will be in court for the rest of your lives. The state will automatically get half, and Noss' family will get the rest, because they have a valid claim on it, no matter where it is, and I'm sure you have advertised this as much as possible. So, with all your hard work and dedication, if you are super, super lucky - and find it, you will get, maybe, a "finders fee".

Beth

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daryl Friesen said:
Found this old letter in regards to discoveries on Victorio Peak thought maybe some of you out there would find it interesting.

victorioletter.jpg

www.spindlequest.com/newmexicogold.html

Just send me $500, and I will take you right to a bunch of places that "I know of" where there is a lot of treasure. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I want in on that deal. PLEASE Someone trade me your secret knowledge of hidden treasure for $500!! HAHAHA

Best-Mike

comfortablynumb

Sep 8, 2009
NW Missouri
gollum, in looking at your skull, you may want to explore that a bit more before opening it up to others. I think your original instinct with the "X" may be the key. Based on the photo & the erosion around the x, it doesn't look like fossilized bone. I would be more included to think it is a marker. Still a cool find.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
comfortablynumb said:
gollum, in looking at your skull, you may want to explore that a bit more before opening it up to others. I think your original instinct with the "X" may be the key. Based on the photo & the erosion around the x, it doesn't look like fossilized bone. I would be more included to think it is a marker. Still a cool find.

Thanks. I originally thought that as well, but there are some peculiarities that keep me leaning toward fossil. The posted pic does not really show either the tiny holes or the larger hole behind the eye sockets that look like they housed the eye muscles. The thing I saw first was the cross. I thought that was the marker until I got a good look at the rest of it.

Also, dinosaur fossils were not widely known until the early 1800s. Never heard of nor seen one used as a marker either, but anything's possible.

Best-Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ooooooooops,

Forgot to explain the small holes. Bones have tiny shafts running through them for nerves and blood vessels. When the flesh is gone, the holes remain. Look right under the eye socket.

Best-Mike

comfortablynumb

Sep 8, 2009
NW Missouri
gollum said:
ooooooooops,

Forgot to explain the small holes. Bones have tiny shafts running through them for nerves and blood vessels. When the flesh is gone, the holes remain. Look right under the eye socket.

Best-Mike

I'm with you on that. See them now!

DesertRat

Jun 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesero Lobo Super Traq
Hey Mike,

Your dino find...was it in the Fish Creek Mts.?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DesertRat said:
Hey Mike,

Your dino find...was it in the Fish Creek Mts.?

Not saying where it is. Right now, its' all packed with sand, so as not to be too visible.

That and a mastodon skeleton are my two aces in the hole.

Best-Mike

vintageic

Greenie
Sep 28, 2010
Area 51 S4 Groomlk Dreamld
Detector(s) used
Whites-Bear- Anything that goes BEEP!
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All. Iam new to this site as far as registering ,but have been reading all the posts, especially this topic in general about Victorio Peak.
I have been following this story for some time and have been really drawn into this treasure.

Are there still people looking for caches of gold bars hidden by Docc Noss? any recent treasure hunts by any members from California, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Texas..etc..?

Just curious to know if this treasure is still alive / active to this date?

Thanks Brian.
Vintage-IC

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
WELCOME TO TREASURENET vintageic!

The hunt is still very much on, though there is reason to believe the greatest part of the treasure in the cave was absconded by the US military, there remain the gold bars hidden by Noss, among others. I look forward to reading your posts! :read2: :thumbsup:

Mike - you once asked for someone to please give you the secret to a vast hidden treasure for a measly $500 - how fine do you cut that definition of a "secret" and how fast can you run if you are chasing a smart-aleck? :D :wink: ;D I am yanking your chain amigo but now I am curious;

Asking a theoretical question here (and anyone is welcome to answer) but would you pay cold, hard cash for 'inside' information on a lost treasure or lost mine? I sure would, but of course it would have to be solid info and the source had good reason to be willing to part with it.
Roy ~ Oroblanco

K

Kentucky Kache

Oroblanco said:
Asking a theoretical question here (and anyone is welcome to answer) but would you pay cold, hard cash for 'inside' information on a lost treasure or lost mine? I sure would, but of course it would have to be solid info and the source had good reason to be willing to part with it.
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Sign me up. But like you said, it would have to be something pretty solid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions