Detector(s) used
Tesoro

curtismstang

Jun 30, 2008
Louisa County, VA
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
Hey Relichunter,
Long time no hear. I have hunted with you before and would like to join you again whenever you go out. I have some free days during the week and some weekend days available. Just drop me a line.

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Curtis, hope you are doing well. I haven't been out as much as I would like too lately, I went by the tavern site we met at a few months ago when I was working in the area, looks the same as the day we were there.

vthepresident

Dec 30, 2007
Charlottesville, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Prism II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Hi all,
New to the area coming from Birmingham, AL. I live in Charlottesville now (almost Ruckersville) and would like to feel out the area.

V

Walleye

Greenie
May 29, 2012
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all, I am new to Glen Allen and trolling the old forum posts... fee free to shoot me a pm if you want to team up somewhere... I think I will have time today to give a go at permissions from a place or two... wouldn't mind driving up if someone wants company, also great to learn from others :-)

Thaddy1978

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2015
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to get together with some folks. I live in Rockingham county...just over the mountain from you. I am brand new to detecting and don't know what the hell I am doing. Could use a little guidance.

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will joinu for a hunt

I am in Charlottesville and detect mainly in the following areas, Gordonsville, Ruckersville, Madison, Culpeper, Scottsville, Palmyra, Keswick, Barboursville, Orange, and other surrounding areas. If anyone is interested in detecting with me, let me know. Also there is about a half dozen of us here. We can do group hunts.
My nephew and I live in Chester. Would hook up with you for a hunt. Shot me a PM Roadquest

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Mechanicsville and can go most any day. If anybody is looking for some company drop me a PM.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I am in Charlottesville and detect mainly in the following areas, Gordonsville, Ruckersville, Madison, Culpeper, Scottsville, Palmyra, Keswick, Barboursville, Orange, and other surrounding areas. If anyone is interested in detecting with me, let me know. Also there is about a half dozen of us here. We can do group hunts.
ALL of those places have GREAT "spots" to check... BUT! MANY restricted areas of "interest"; there's Frontier History, Revoluntionary War History (DYK that Barracks Road was named after the GERMAN Army Barracks on that road during the RW?), Barboursville Ruins, Civil War (Rio Hill Road)... go along the James River in Scottsville area, the creeks, GOLD Mine in Buckingham County (MOSTLY for "panning"; Thomas Jefferson found the FIRST fist-sized GOLD in WHITE QUARTZ in Virginia)... do yer R & I (Research & Investigation.. HH! Good Luck!)

Last edited:

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i