Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I live in Herndon!

I'm pretty new at MDing. I tried Bruin Park but the maintenance guy ran me off (politely). Technically, it is against the law to search ANY public property in Virginia (protecting historic "resources"), but my policeman friend syas he doubts you would ever get arrested.

I have some maps and some thoughts.

Let's chat.

DCMatt

T

Tominvirginia2

Hey:

I'm in Ashburn - just up the road. I'm new to metal detecting as well - just got a Tesoro Cibola for Christmas. Been interested in it all my life, but finally got around to doing something about it. I've been hunting the past few weekends in Middleburg on some properties I've received permission to hunt on. I have some ideas closer - along the Rt. 7 corridor, Rt. 15, and along Rt. 50 near Chantilly - I heard about a site off of Rt. 50 where people were finding many bullets three weeks ago.

Tom

StogieJim

Feb 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Exp 2, Tejon, & Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I'm just down the road in Fairfax and would like to get together. Send pm if interested.

Jim

vhskip

Greenie
Jan 14, 2007
Woodbridge, VA
Detector(s) used
DFX, White's 6000 Di Pro
Greetings. I'm in Dale City/Woodbridge. I work in Chantilly.
I'd be Interested in getting together.
Right now I'm just hunting a few schools in my area. Not sure how long that will last. I'll hunt them until I get told not too.

Cheers
Skip

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
I am also in Fairfax and new to detecting. Wanted to be a pirate when I was a little girl and am finally getting my wish. Let me know if y'all get together sometime...

madmanny44

Dec 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want to Create New Hobby

Hey, I live in Herndon!

I'm pretty new at MDing. I tried Bruin Park but the maintenance guy ran me off (politely). Technically, it is against the law to search ANY public property in Virginia (protecting historic "resources"), but my policeman friend syas he doubts you would ever get arrested.

I have some maps and some thoughts.

Let's chat.

DCMatt

I also live in Herndon, Va. maybe we should partner up and search together. The best place to look is for us to locate some very old trees, they were used as land marks back than.

cooknavy

May 1, 2012
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be moving to Sterling in the spring and will be looking for places to MD. Anyone know of any good private land in the area to search?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread