First time out

devonpilk

Feb 16, 2014
va beach
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350 / AT Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for my first metal detecting hunt today with my brother , in Gates County NC. We have permission to hunt 4,000 acres out there. Had a blast found a lot of different stuff from old railroad nails to a old bullet and a old button we found in the field , not sure what kind it is yet. We tried getting to a spot where a pair of handcuffs dated back before the revolutionary war were found about a month ago but it was to wet. Im looking to hunt with some people if anyone is looking for someone to hunt with. I have over 100 acres on the eastern shore , 200 acres in Dinwiddie va , 2,000 acres in chesapeake that back up to the inter coastal and the 4,000 in gates county with houses dating back to 1800's all on the land . What im trying to say is i have something to offer , im not trying to tag along and use all yall's spots.

impul101

Greenie
Jan 23, 2014
Suffolk VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man I'd be interested in hunting with ya, I just started about 1 month ago and have the same setup you have. Awesome finds! I've got some land as well (not nearly as much as yours), feel free to call / txt 757.544.8331 and we will set something up.

Last edited:

girlygirl036

Jun 4, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you guys found anything as of lately? Do you still go regularly? Just ordered a Garrett AT Pro because I want to also do beaches in winter.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds l;like you've got some area to hunt. I know there were a couple of people from that area on here back in January but have not seen any posts in a while. I am on the opposite side of the state so I will have to say that if i get that way, I'd give you a shout but with work and my wife's health, I do not get very far right now. Good Luck and Happy Hunting! Let us know if you find anything interesting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread