Looking to hunt in Virginia

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all; I live in Eastern Kentucky and have metal detected many old homes, stores, picnic areas as well as many other types of spots. However I am really wanting to detect some Civil War sites, which sadly, are scarce in Kentucky. I was wondering if anyone needed a partner in your neck of the woods, or could help lead a man in the right direction to finding some sites? I wouldn't mind traveling one bit to hunt some Civil War sites. Like I said I have several places that I wouldn't mind sharing though we probably won't find artifacts as old as whats in Virginia. Give me a holler if anyone interested. Thanks and God bless!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Check out the Shenandoah Valley, MANY CW battlefields; don't go onto the battlefields, ONLY the woods surrounding battlefields. Get permission from "private owners" first. Along the rivers & creeks near battlefields are GREAT Sites; Shenandoah River along some "banks" are HOT! Rumors of buried Cannons & other weapons ABOUND! Canoe the Shenandoah River, which flows NORTH (like the Nile River); did it years, ago... FUN!

cyndi59

Greenie
Mar 29, 2017
Falls Church,Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum E-series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to hook up with a MD partner on weekends in Northern Virginia.I'm not really new to MD but has been a few years just coming from New Zealand.Text me.Just out beeping,has found a few old coins and heaps of rubbish but the best part is just out enjoying the search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions