Mysterious lights , over Mole Mtn, Harrisburg VA. mean Radium Deposits ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watauga Democrat. (Boone, Watauga County, N.C.), 03 Feb. 1921.

1.jpg

More: Watauga Democrat. (Boone, Watauga County, N.C.) 1888-current, February 03, 1921, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

I worked for USDA, back in early 70's; and with VDA, both agencies had us "attacking" Mole Hill in the rain for Gypsy Moths... NASTY BUGS, they are. Mole Hill is an extinct volcano... :coffee2: Coffee...? :icon_thumleft: BTW, "Google" Earth Lights; SPOOK Lights & GHOST Lights... Shenandoah Valley, Va. has LOTS of 'em! HH!

Last edited:

Thaddy1978

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2015
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how we can live so close to something and not have a clue. I knew that we had an old volcano from something I read a few years ago but never knew where it was. I passed it the other day while driving and thought, "that looks like it could have been a volcano. " I googled pics just to verify...sure enough.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Funny how we can live so close to something and not have a clue. I knew that we had an old volcano from something I read a few years ago but never knew where it was. I passed it the other day while driving and thought, "that looks like it could have been a volcano. " I googled pics just to verify...sure enough.
Yeah, been to the top of Mole Hill; you will see the "depression"...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
===============================================
Hrmmm,,,
Just what do you think the chance is of this being a kimberlitic pipe eh?

Just a random thought ya know,,, hehheh

Hit
HA! Went to JMU ('77; '78M), & talked with "Geo" Profs; NOPE. Pyrites, maybe...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions