Buckroe Beach

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The third phrase of cleanup was supposed to have been complete last year, best bet it to call the army corp of engineers. But you have to be aware they swept the beach with detectors out into the waterline harvesting any metalic objects they found. Said they found over 300 objects but never went into detail what those objects were.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: Buckroe Beach...

:coffee2: :thumbsup: PROBABLY still is "off-limit"; isn't it "Fed land"? Next to BIG Navy Base (NORFOLK)... remember it from my visit down to THAT BuckRoe Amusement Park, back in the late 60's or so. I will NEVER forget the "self-recording" studio outside on the "broad walk", and ALL the teenagers gathering around to be latest Beatles "wanna-bees"... LOL. PROBABLY was a LOT of Coin $$$$ found when "beach" was swept... ahhhh... da memories! :D ;D :wink: :icon_sunny: 8)

OP
OP
T

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004

Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :thumbsup: PROBABLY still is "off-limit"; isn't it "Fed land"? Next to BIG Navy Base (NORFOLK)... remember it from my visit down to THAT BuckRoe Amusement Park, back in the late 60's or so. I will NEVER forget the "self-recording" studio outside on the "broad walk", and ALL the teenagers gathering around to be latest Beatles "wanna-bees"... LOL. PROBABLY was a LOT of Coin $$$$ found when "beach" was swept... ahhhh... da memories! :D ;D :wink: :icon_sunny: 8)

Not sure which beach you're speaking of next to Norfolk, but Buckroe is next to Fort Monroe......on the left before you go through the tunnel.....part of City of Hampton

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :thumbsup: HA! Relying on memories... it seems like the Amusement Park was next to the Base, there... just remember as being near Seashore State Park, Ft. Monroe, etc; seems like the FED had EVERYTHING on "the corner", then. ;D Dated a girl, whose daddy was an retired USN Admiral (seemed that were LOTS of THOSE guys there...); she went to Va. Beach H.S.; originally from "Cali".. HA! :D :wink:

OP
OP
T

Trevor43

Greenie
Oct 27, 2004

Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :thumbsup: HA! Relying on memories... it seems like the Amusement Park was next to the Base, there... just remember as being near Seashore State Park, Ft. Monroe, etc; seems like the FED had EVERYTHING on "the corner", then. ;D Dated a girl, whose daddy was an retired USN Admiral (seemed that were LOTS of THOSE guys there...); she went to Va. Beach H.S.; originally from "Cali".. HA! :D :wink:

You might be thinking of Ocean View........between Norfolk and Little Creek

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the amount of sand pumped up onto the beach area, the screening, daily sweeping and all the other stuff done to this beach by the corp of engineers it may take it years to return to the huntability it once held. 15 years ago it was part of my circuit of beaches i hunted doubt i will waste alot of time on it for awhile. Did anyone notice the wording ie" lifeguards and rangers will be watching for anyone digging to deep" talk about paranoid they will be watching u guys like hawks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread