DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you want to know about it? Plenty of history in that area...

DCMatt

OP
OP
A

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
My family has a little property in bedford and to knowledge has never been detected for that fact the property has only been visited 2 x in 10 yrs so Im asking a general ? what type of CW action was there around bedford va or other hx that may make us travel up y'all's way . I read that 80% of VA was a CW area is this ture? thx's

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gottit said:
My family has a little property in bedford and to knowledge has never been detected for that fact the property has only been visited 2 x in 10 yrs so Im asking a general ? what type of CW action was there around bedford va or other hx that may make us travel up y'all's way . I read that 80% of VA was a CW area is this ture? thx's

It's safe to say that Virginia was the most trod upon soil by both armies in the Civil War. There's plenty of history in the ground at least...

Do a Google search for "Official records of the Union and Confederate armies". Then search the record for Bedford Virginia (don't confuse it with Bedford Pennsylvania). See what the research shows, then start swinging.

Good luck,

DCMatt

rovnrbl

May 26, 2003
Believe Bedford was called Liberty during the Civil War ....

there were several CW hospitals in town and probably the remnants of at least one running battle on the main road through town. Anywhere you have well traveled road during CW and water source always has potential.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread