Battle of Cedar Creek Reenactment

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
As I have done for a few years now, I will be a volunteer at the Battle of Cedar Creek Reenactment again this year.

We would like to extend our invitation to join us on October 18th and 19th for this historical event. Over 5000 reenactors will be participating. There will be a reenactment on each day. Along with this will be the camp. Browse through it, see how life was during the Civil War. Lots to see and do in this very historical part of the United States. This is a battle that is recreated on the actual battlefield.

I will be camping on the site that weekend, so come one, come all. Look me up, I'll be easy to find.

A few pics of last years battle and camp.

More in on the site: http://www.cedarcreekbattlefield.org/

Thanks,

DM

Attachments

• cannon smokering.jpg
    cannon smokering.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 409
  • camp 3.jpg
    camp 3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 658
  • cannon smokering.jpg
    cannon smokering.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 372
  • confederate advance.jpg
    confederate advance.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 591
  • camp 3.jpg
    camp 3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 383
  • smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 357

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I remember those days... Comp. I, 10th Virginia Cavalry (CSA); 1973-74. Stonewall Jackson's Foot Cavalry of the Shenandoah Valley.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man my father tells me about the early civil war reenactment days. He was part of it back when gettysburg reenactment was only like 300-500 people. I used to go with as a kid. crazy interesting.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Gettysburg, PA was my "FAVE"; we camped outside the battlefield. EARLY MORNING HOURS... gun fire, screaming, smell of black powder in the air; Comp. I woke up & scrambled towards battle... "Yank Bummers are attacking!" screamed our Sgt. NOTHING on the battle field; DANG place is HAUNTED! "Boys" were disappointed as NO fight was apparent (against the general re-enactment rules, ANYWAY); Wife became SCARED, I and the "boys" were awed... DANG!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MORE stories of HAUNTINGS in Gettysburg, PA. Town ppl "dressed" as it was , then... BUT! Could NOT tell if they were "real" or just "ghosties", especially at night! CREEPY! VERY creepy!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In Virginia, some of our REBS had to have Yank uniforms; b/c at times wasn't enough Yanks to "shoot at"... AND! NO ONE would fall "dead", BOTH "lines" shooting at each other & a-hollering; NO ONE fell "dead", unless they ran outta black powder... heh!

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gettysburg, PA was my "FAVE"; we camped outside the battlefield. EARLY MORNING HOURS... gun fire, screaming, smell of black powder in the air; Comp. I woke up & scrambled towards battle... "Yank Bummers are attacking!" screamed our Sgt. NOTHING on the battle field; DANG place is HAUNTED! "Boys" were disappointed as NO fight was apparent (against the general re-enactment rules, ANYWAY); Wife became SCARED, I and the "boys" were awed... DANG!

haha my pops was telling me of a time one of his buddies from his company caused a scene one night. Apparently he looked a bit like yosemite sam, duel revolvers and everything. One night he had a bit too much to drink, ended up rushing the union camp in the middle of the night blasting his revolvers in the air hooting, hollering, and calling them out. haha. I think my dads group was called "the unloved" or something like that. Then there are the other stories of fights breaking out during the reenactment because of people firing too low too close, which resulted in my pops checking someone with the butt of his enfield. I guess you don't get to have fun like that anymore from what I hear. Wonder if you ever ran into my pops in the early years?

Last edited:

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I re-enacted for 12 years before kids (1990-2002). Loved the Mega Events. I did the 130th, 135th & 137th Gettysburg, 130th Antietam. I rose thru the ranks from Private to 1st Lt. We were Company F 12th Reg. Georgia Vol. Infantry (Davis Guards) Doles-Cook Brigade, Rhodes Division, 2nd Corp ANV.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HOT Sassafras Tea in the AM was GREAT! Loved Sarsaparilla Tea, too! Once, Comp. I had war games in the mountains above Elkton, Va. bordering the Shenandoah National Park; I was a Mountain Man CSA Scout with RED Flannel shirt, brown leather pant & brown "Indian" leggings; being a Rebel Sniper, I picked 'em off, GOOD. That night, 1st wife & I spent the night with her parents in a old mountain cabin they owned, above Cedar Cliff Falls; NO running water, NO electricity... it was GREAT, for the week-end!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ppl of the Elkton, Va. area PROBABLY thought that the mountain ppl were shooting at each other, AGAIN. OR... GHOSTS of Rebel soldiers were shooting at the Federals of the SNP/Skyline Drive. Heh...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
HOT Sassafras Tea in the AM was GREAT! Loved Sarsaparilla Tea, too! Once, Comp. I had war games in the mountains above Elkton, Va. bordering the Shenandoah National Park; I was a Mountain Man CSA Scout with RED Flannel shirt, brown leather pant & brown "Indian" leggings; being a Rebel Sniper, I picked 'em off, GOOD. That night, 1st wife & I spent the night with her parents in a old mountain cabin they owned, above Cedar Cliff Falls; NO running water, NO electricity... it was GREAT, for the week-end!

Proper cabin nights can get in your bones ,for more than a weekend ;just like war games did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread