Do you recycle?

Do you recycle everything -or- nothing... maybe a little bit?

• I worship the recycling gods!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
We already mine the landfills... that's a sucker's bet! http://www.enviroalternatives.com/landfill.html

Funny, but mostly true IMO: http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/14/66-recycling/

Recycling is fantastic! You can still buy all the stuff you like (bottled water, beer, wine, organic iced tea, and cans of all varieties) and then when you’re done you just put it in a DIFFERENT bin than where you would throw your other garbage. And boom! Environment saved! Everyone feels great, it’s so easy!

This is important because all white feel guilty about producing waste. It doesn’t stop them from doing it, but they feel guilty about it. Deep down, they believe they should be like the Native Americans and use every part of the product or beast they have consumed. Though for many white people, this simply means putting plastic bags into a special drawer where they will accumulate until they are eventually used to carry some gym clothes or bathing suit. Ultimately this drawer will get full and only be emptied when the person moves to a new house. Advanced white recyclers will uses these grocery bags as garbage bags.

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Mostly true Jim, but not just for whites. BTW, I think the Indians quit doing that "use everything" stuff about 100 years ago. :wink:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
recycle? My STUPID city, during the boom a year or two ago, decided to invest in a multi-million dollar recycling facility. they also gave out 65 gallon curb side bins that you could throw 'anything' into, and they'd recycle it at the facility. The idea was that plastic was a big boom for a couple of months and surely, it won't subside any time soon. it was supposed to 'pay for itself'.

It was a big failure. Now, for some reason, they needed to increase the fee's for 'garbage' collection to more than twice of what it was (~$35 a month). AND, it's not related to this fiasco at all. no, not at all.

i wish I was a lawyer. I'd really put the screws to some of these ^&*%s. (yeah, I cursed. I hate them sooooo much).

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep

I Throw it all in the Burner & It
Recycles into The air again.

and What Dosn't Burn Helps support
our Local Landfill

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
We recycle!

Infact, my boys and I are planning to build a little house in the backyard using plastic soda bottles. We haven't started yet, but when we do, I will be sure to post our progress!

Don't know if we will make this a "fort" for the boys (as they already have one!) or part of my greenhouse...but we will see. Heck, maybe we will make it a gazebo! LOL

But yes, we recycle!
Annmarie

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I do agree there are lots of cool things we can do with or recyclable stuff... and that it can be made into other things like Annmarie suggested... that is kinda crafty and fun.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Montana Jim said:
I do agree there are lots of cool things we can do with or recyclable stuff... and that it can be made into other things like Annmarie suggested... that is kinda crafty and fun.

Well, I can't take credit for that idea....on http://www.instructables.com/ ....that is where I got my idea. Great website on what to do with recyclables!!! Check it out! Of course, we aren't building the houses they show! LOL...going with our own idea!
Annmarie

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now, Recycling has been required here for about a decade I believe, the county issued two blue containers for each household and in our area once every two weeks, cans,bottles, newspapers, flashlight batteries, etc are curbside picked up. We do not have to seperate cans from bottles either, all in same container, radio batteries and such are to be put into zip-loc or similar type bags. The county also holds periodically hazardous waste days where you can bring in paint cans with paint still in them, old chemicals, car batteries, etc. The also have disposal sites for those who still change their oil in their vehicles.

Overall the program has been a success in our area, and I know for us, it has diminished our "trash" that is put out for weekly pickup by the township........

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Don in SJ said:
Well now, Recycling has been required here for about a decade I believe, the county issued two blue containers for each household and in our area once every two weeks, cans,bottles, newspapers, flashlight batteries, etc are curbside picked up. We do not have to seperate cans from bottles either, all in same container, radio batteries and such are to be put into zip-loc or similar type bags. The county also holds periodically hazardous waste days where you can bring in paint cans with paint still in them, old chemicals, car batteries, etc. The also have disposal sites for those who still change their oil in their vehicles.

Overall the program has been a success in our area, and I know for us, it has diminished our "trash" that is put out for weekly pickup by the township........

We have a huge blue bin (the size of a trash can) here in Va Beach for recycling. They come every other week on trash day. Even though quite a few folks do use them, there are some that do not!

They even sent out a list of what is recyclable...which some I was putting in the blue bin, cause I thought it was..but you have to look at the number on the plastic bottles...not all are recyclable :(

So, yeah, I guess it works pretty good here too! We have a park named Mt Trashmore...back in the 50s/60s and before, it was a trash dump. The interstate now goes past it and it was late 60s/early 70s when they decided to make it a park. The big mounds you see...are really trash buried under them. Infact....some years ago, they had to redo the turf....with folks walking on it and all...trash was starting to show! It's on the mounds of trash where folks sit to watch the fireworks during the 4th! After a contest, it was named Mt Trashmore!
Annmarie

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it is a shame more states/counties do not emphasize recycling, but I for one am glad they do it here in Atlantic County.

http://www.acua.com/acua/index.aspx (Home Page of our recycling information website)

http://www.acua.com/acua/content.aspx?id=236 (What is accepted for recyling)

I have seen how trash used to be dumped by the Govt when I worked at the FAA center near Atlantic City, back in the 70s they had a big area where bulldozers dug deep, long trenches and all trash, anything that existed was allowed to be dumped into the trench and then when so much was there a bulldozer would fill in that section of the trench. I can only imagine what is in the ground at that former dump site....

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bet I recycle,here in Austin,Tx.,they just came out with a single-stream blue recycling can,a 90 gallon one that excepts just about everything except for plastic bags.I don't put my aluminum cans in there or anything with my name and adress,I use a shredder and than dump it in the compost pile for my worms.The funny thing about this is that Austin hauls all this stuff up to Dallas,because our city was to CHEAP!! , to build a facility of our own. ??? ???

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep most as I can plus MI 10 cent deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.