Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i just leave my trash in the ground

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

frogsmile

Dec 18, 2005
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites spectrem and fisher impulse and minelab excal.
Re: do you pick up your trash or do you leave it behind

I pick up all of the trash that i dig and all the trash left behind by everybody else. I don't want to dig the same thing twice and I feel like I am cleaning up the environment and making the beaches a little bit safer for my grandbabies. I have noticed that i find more stuff like coins and jewelry when i clean up all of the litter. Maybe that is my reward for picking up everything. ;D

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

If it's too big for my trash apron, it goes in the garbage can when I'm in parks. If there's no can, it goes back in the ground.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

I take out all the trash I dig up...
I wouldn't want to go back to a site and dig the same targets over again...
Also, if you get all the trash out of there that others have left behind you just might find a goodie, or two, that was being mask by it...

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT

I pack out EVERYTHING. I knew I should have taken a photo of the back of my pickup the other day. I dump my hunting bag in it when I get done. The entire bed of my truck was covered with trash. More pull tabs that I cared to count, Hot Wheels cars of every model, shredded aluminum beer and soda cans, etc, etc. I also had (and kept) the tip to a plow share, an old iron axe head, the hoop to a barrel, a toy derringer, a WWI soldier (made of some sort of metal, but I can't say what), a fired Minie, and about $1.00 worth of clad (no kidding). That, along with several pounds of square nails, and bits of rusted barbed wire. You should see the gas mileage I'm getting now.

Anybody interested in the Axe head, barrel hoop, or WWI soldier, give me a holler. No charge.

Roger

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

If I get a signal, then up it comes and and off it goes, with th exception of a quart panel or two. ;) I figure in a few years that my spine's gonna have a permanent curve to the left from leanin' that way to keep my balance. LOL

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I pick up all trash until my cargo pocket is full.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I carry trash in and leave it all over the place, kinda' my signature! ::) Just kidding folks, honest! I carry out most of what I dig but sometimes I will absent mindedly toss a pull tab as far as I can throw it! What I pack out more than anything is discarded McDonald's bags, cups and ugh....stale nasty french fries with ketchup on them! Take note of what the slobs leave behind, a great deal of it will say McDonald's on it! If they ever closed I think I would leave it on their front steps! Monty

R

rvbvetter

I was going to say that I never pick up my trash and discard it. I only pick up other peoples trash and discard theirs. But If possession is nine tenths of the law. Then when I dig up their trash, it then becomes my trash. So yes, I always pick up all of my trash and discard it. HH

S

stefen

I'm of the opinion that leaving trash in your wake will frustrate the people following...you, of course, should take GPS readings so you know where you left off. ::)

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally find the detectorists that leave junk laying on top of the ground not only frustrating but burdensome slobs that are hell bent on single handedly destroying the hobby I love.

That's all I have to say about that.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take all the trash I dig up as long as it can fit in my pouch. I also pick up any surface trash that I walk past: plastic, glass, paper or metal. If the item is junk and very large I usually will not dig it up completely and just cover it up. If I dig it up and it is too big for my pouch but not too big to carry out I will lean it against a tree and pick it up as I'm leaving the area. I do forget to pick them up sometimes but that is usually rare.

I never understood the whole dig it up the leave it in the hole and cover it again thing. If you are one of those people that dig it up and leave it on the surface and move on then you should not be detecting. This really ticks me off since not only are you lazy but you are now creating an danger by leaving rusty/jagged metal on the surface for someone to get hurt with. :(

NJ

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up my trash except if its big and it doesn't fit in my pouch and there's not a trash can in sight. This usually only happens out in the woods, when its a mile back to my car.

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up all my trash. I dont want to find it again!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I pick up everything.. My carpenters belt has plenty of room. :)

S

seger98

I pick up mine & I guess being a metal detecorits???????? I pick up others trash as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread