Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: do you pick up all your trash or do you leave it behind

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • i pick up all my trash

191 84.51%
  • i pick up half of my trash

20 8.85%
  • i hate to pick up trash and i leave it all behind

5 2.21%
  • i pick up my trash only when someone is around

3 1.33%
  • i just leave my trash in the ground

7 3.10%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    WHITE'S SPECTRUM XLT, SURF-MASTER PI PRO

Mar 2005
    NEW HAMPSHIRE

do you pick up trash or do you leave it behind

i pick up all my trash..infact if i find myself getting lazy i will call it a day..i do know some pepole do not...so please vote truthfully...nobody can see what you vote was..and i would like to see what the percentage is..thank's for your vote..and remember if you pick up all your trash the silver gods will treat you with silver
    A LOST COIN SHOULD NOT BE FORGOTTEN

May 2005
    Chicagoland
    1 times

Re: do you pick up your trash or do you leave it behind

I used to rebury my trash if it was something that I couldn't carry with me and wouldn't fit in my pocket.? Ie., Soda Cans and such.? Then, I decided to pick up a 5 gal. bucket that I now carry with me.? ?Is handy for picking up the larger items, again, that won't fit in my pocket, that I find and for carrying my scoop and digging tools, pinpointer... in.? I now pick up all the garbage.? To keep the sand and dirt in the house and car down,? before getting back in the car, I sort the good stuff into ziplock bags or ziplock storage containers.? Then I take the trash out and set it asside and dump the residual sand.? ?I put the junk back into the bucket and take all my stuff home and photograph it.? Then, I throw out the garbage.? ?

?

White's Spectrum XLT, Bullseye II Pinpointer

WHITE'S SPECTRUM XLT, SURF-MASTER PI PRO

Mar 2005
    NEW HAMPSHIRE

man that is a great idea...no more wal-mart bags for me
    A LOST COIN SHOULD NOT BE FORGOTTEN

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5607 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I not Only Pick Up My Own Trash, But I also Pick Up , Candy Wrappers, Etc.

When I see Them Blowing Around.

May 2005
    19 times

Northeast,

I do 99% of my hunting in woods and fields. If I dig something up and do not want it, it goes back in the ground and I cover it up. Plus you can never say that the next guy that digs it up will not get some sort of clue from it; thats what the Archies always say.(We are mixing them up when we take something out)>

I will collect garbage, (above ground), that slobs have left behind and haul it out.

What I dig I keep or put back in ground. Hate to take the thrill, the excitement, and effort at digging of the next m d'er that comes across the same trash, (sometimes I think that perhaps I should leave a small note wrapped in plastic)......

have a good un.............
    SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

PS
    Was told by a Will County Forest Preserve Officer last week that I need to apply for a permit before I hunt the woods I've been hunting for the last eight years. E-mailed the headquarters and was told I have been violating two different ordinances of the Forest Preserve District: One makes it unlawful to dig or disturb the land and the other forbids the removal of ANYTHING.

Looks like I cannot even pick up the garbage in the woods from now on??
    In the academies many books, at the circus many sacks of peanuts, at the club rooms many cigar butts.

May 2005
    Chicagoland
    1 times

The bags and containers are good. http://www.ziploc.com/twistnloc.asp ?Bags are cheap and the containers are reusable and durable. ? Unfortunately the containers only come in 2 sizes. ?A diecast car will pretty much kill, even the medium size. ?

I pretty much like to keep my finds in the condition in which I find them. ?Like some fine antiques, the age and wear add cheracter. ?So, I keep what I can, in containers to keep things clean. ? Of course, something like fine jewelry or a special coin might be different. ? I would clean that stuff and store it more properly. ? ?I tend to just keep the toys and such as they are. ?Putting them in zip locks. ?

I use 1 medium, (1qt) container for all my coins, (almost have one filled now). ?and another for bottle caps which I have chosen to keep and collect. ?I have been keeping my best finds, like foriegn coins, keys, common or damaged jewelry, fishing lures... in another. ? I then keep a few in the back of the car with my other detecting equipment. ?

When I finish a hunt, I fill the containers with whatever will fit in them. ?1 or 2 are usually very sufficient for all the coins, bottle caps, pull tabs, jewelry(like I really find that much )... ? Anything over sized, I put in bags. ? I can label them with the location and date when and where I searched. ?Then, after I have photographed everything, I sort the finds in with everything else I have collected so far. ?I then put the empty containers back in the car for another day. ?
    White's Spectrum XLT, Bullseye II Pinpointer

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    11 times

i always carry out the junk that i dig. if i return i dont want to dig it again and sometimes good stuff is hiding underneath . ill pick up as much trash on the surface as i can carry.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2004
    Hurlock, Maryland
    XP Deus, CTX-3030, Excalibur II
    20 times

Jeff, you have a little Boy Scout in you" scouts are taught to leave an area in better condition than when they found it". I pick up all trash I dig with the exception of very large objects that are deep. I try to tell if the find is anything good if not I Just rebury them. I do this because I once dug up a heavy fender that took 2 hours to dig up in the middle of a large, get the picture. I also pick up metal and glass on top of the ground .

Ed
    Keep detecting, Keep finding, Keep digging!

Ed Donovan

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5607 times

Yea I left a Few Very Large Unknown Things In the Ground Also.

I just Know They Were Tons of Gold Bars

us
    A swingin' fool

May 2005
    Hudson Falls, NY
    White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
    1 times

I pick up all trash in ground and especially above. You know "Keep America Beautiful"

GL & HH,

DugHoles
    [size=16pt]The most fantastic time to be alive is right now[/size]

SASQUASH

Im sorry but I dont go out hunting for trash. I was not a boy scout but Rebel seans the day I was born. I dont know where this rule that M.Ders are allso trash men came from. I dont have time for that. O.K. you can flog me now. I do think there is other felow rebs hear that is why I like this site so much. SAS .

SASQUASH

I pick up (MY) trash. Pack out what I pack in. SAS<><

us
    Tesoro Cibola

Jul 2005
    Massachusetts
    Tesoro Cibola
    3 times

I pick up small trash like tabs, stuff that i can just throw in the trash, but stuff like large wrappers and cans and stuff i dont even take out of the hole, and im with sherman, digging bottle dumps is basically digging in trash so i dont bring any of that back. but i do bring home trash when its small and iv already dug it up.

Oct 2005

everything I dig leaves with me

Research Guru

Jan 2005
    Tampa, Florida

I detect in large cargo pants, one pocket for keepers and one for trash, I also carry a plastic grocery bag in case the trash becomes more than I can carry in my pocket. I pick up trash as well along the way off the surface. I have been known to get back to the car with cans (flattend) stuffed in all available pockets!
    "Wisdom comes not from knowing everything, but&nbsp; knowing from whom to ask!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors