WHAT DO YOU HUNT FOR?

WHAT TYPE OF DETECTING(HUNTING)DO YOU GENERALLY DO?

• CACHES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNDERWATER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:)JUST WONDERING HOW MANY OF US SPECIALIZE IN WHAT WE HUNT FOR.AS FOR MYSELF,I DO A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING,WHENEVER I CAN,WHATEVER THE AREA IS OFFERING.PLACES TO DETECT HERE IN FLORIDA ARE KIND OF LIMITED,KINDA LIKE "IT'S NOT WHAT YOU KNOW, IT'S WHO YOU KNOW!"SO I HAVE TO TAKE WHAT I CAN GET SOMETIMES.THE BEACH GETS BORING OR RATHER REPETITIVE SO I'M ALWAYS IN SEARCH OF ANOTHER SITE OR AREA TO DETECT,LEGALLY! ::)SO GO AHEAD AND VOTE AND RESPOND AT WILL!H.H.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well Since I dig everything that makes a noise , I guess I have to say ANYTHING & EVERYTHING ;D

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
When I first started, alittle over 5 months ago, I was mainly looking for old silver coins.
Here lately, I'll dig just about any signal except iron, ain't got that desperate yet...
So, I voted " Anything & Everthing

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i started out looking for just coins. but now i dig every good target just don't dig iron hits.

C

czman

I hunt for anything and everything above the low tone on my fisher cz5.

Z

zeuss69

I hunt for GOLD and more GOLDand NNUUGGEETTSS IN my sleep and when im driving when im watching tv ALL the time cant get it off my mind its a 24/7 thing wish it would never get cold execpt just for deer season then it should automaticaly get hot again and get to dredgen!!!Ive been gem mining for about 15 years and gold hunt for about 3 years and i love them both ill not stop till i buried 6ft under.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old coins, preferably Colonial era. I would trade all my jewelry finds in for a nice old Large Cent anyday 8)

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The snow is melting sooooo slow here... it's been on the ground since the day after Christmas! So the only place I've had to detect is on the side of the street in front of my house and a little area around the driveway! So far I've found 4 pennies, 14 nails, 4 screws, 2 nuts, 3 bolts, 3 pieces of wire, 2 pull tabs, 2 cans, 1 bottle cap, 1 unknown piece of metal and various gum wrappers, candy wrappers and foil! At least I'm learning my detector! Pretty soon I'll have enough nails to build a house though! ::) I did find a nickle and 6 pennies in a parking lot...just by sight..no detector with me that day! I do pay more attention to what is on the ground now..since I bought my detector!

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
If you hunt in Canada, you gotta dig every damn signal.. All Canadian coins show as 'iron' except the old silver ones.. At least you know when you have silver.. All our modern coins are magnetic as well, except for pennys (the 2003 is the exception, it's magnetic) So, if you notch out iron, all your going to find is silver, pulltabs..etc..)
Sometimes you might be better off just dragging a rake and a magnet across the beach..

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
As for coin shooting, Do you realize how many people have checked out Parks and School yards during the last 45 Yr's? Good for clad, maybe a ring once in the while. But I'll leave them for you. I've found it better in private yards and the berms along city streets.
On a hot summer day its nice to spend time water hunting a swimming beach.
But so many hunters are also water hunting that the finds get slim. Still we all have a good chance to find the ring that will make our day. If there's a boat swim area on the lake I take my canoe to them for the best results.
As for cache hunting. And you have a good lead, the time is better spent looking for it. You could really clean up. Thats were I spend my time looking now.
However there will be no payday till you bring in the bacon. Monk

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
well free it seems i have the exact opposite here. lots of clad and very few old :-[ . they are probably there its just hard to get the permission to hunt on state and corporate land.

N

nutso

Yes the parks do get hit hard, but must be they don't know what they are doing cuz I find all kinds of things. 1860's coins, rings and clad. I do like old farm sites though.

B

brla

i always hunt coins thats i like it silver & gold coins also maps and papers is welcomed to me too

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
everything I/my detector finds..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread