OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS

How many of you keep a MD behind the truck seat or trunk all the time?

• Total voters

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring Summer & fall, it go's With Me everywhere.

KB4IAZ

Greenie
Jan 31, 2005
Jarman,
Mine is in the trunk unless I'm driving the truck. Then it would be behind the seat. I have it so bad that I find myself starting to look around and imagine all the roads gone and buildings absent and trying to pick the best places for civil war camps. I'm north of you, up around Cumberland Gap.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t carry my detector around with me. It would be too tempting to just stop somewhere for just a little.... you get the picture!

Born to detect!
Forced to work!

Ed

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:) KB, Nice area up there,I find my eyes looking all the time aswell.And have found some nice sites.HH

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
I say don't carry anything in the car or on your person that you can't afford to loose. The same goes for your wallet. Drugs are making some people do crazy things. some look for cars to break into, plus put a gun in your face and tell you they want your money. Oh, you say that never happened to me! Well it only takes one time. Plus if you carry your locator in your car trunk do you realize how much heat can build up in your car trunk? Your detector might start to melt. So there for I take mine out only when I plan to use it. Monk

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time it's at home,but I work at different places (construction) and when I get sent to a new job ,I throw it in the trunk...Also,on the way home the first few days..I drive different routes,and Idrive pretty slow,,looking for tore up parkways..My wife knows when I take it see has to keep supper in the microwave.

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
McNickle,Know what your saying.I have missed out on a few suppers becouse of that unplaned stop. ;D

Orygun

Feb 21, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Technetics T2 Classic
I rarely take mine but I am always on the lookout for good places and after finding them I will throw it in and try a new spot.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never leave home w/o one, and usually have more than 1 with me!

HH

N

nutso

Except for the hottest days of the summer, they will be with me all the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread