Metal Detecting Accesories,,Buy or D.I.Y.

Please read the post BELOW before Voting

• I Make Do,with what I Have

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just curious what OTHERS are doing.....I would normally make do with what I have around the house....To take on my hunt.......As I had an old belt,construction pouches and gardening tools....But I know others out there buy the specialty pouches and digging tools.and I was recently Given an old Fisher Pouch, so I went out and bought a garrett pouch and digging tool. Now I have One 4 Trash and One 4 Treasure.......What do YOU DO ?

OP
OP
AmericanCoinHunting

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ANYONE has A device, gadget or ect..M.D. Accessory that Youcan not hardly hunt without ...Please....Let ME know what it is.......... here..?

P

PrizmIV

One thing i always bring with me is a multi purpose backpack thing my dad won in a golf tourniment along with a DVD player (no I dont bring the DVD player lol) It has mini ice box thing on bottom which i fill with ice and a couple of drinks. It has on big compartment on top of ice box that is the size of a bathroom trash can (very small one) so i put a small trashbag used for those trash cans and fold it around the top of opening so you have a trash can with you at all times. And it has one ziper compartment in front where treasure goes. IT IS VERY LIGHT!!!! only a couple of pounds. So what do yall use?

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ONLY thing I buy are "digging tools" - the rest is nothing but basically junk, and or a rip off to me. Been doing this 20+ yrs, and we didn't have/need the junk back when so, why spend $$ on it now!?

Tip:

A Crown Royal bag with draw strings that the wiskey comes in works excellent for a treasure pouch ;D

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I originally bought some specialty things and have some "make-do" things. I am in the process to make the majority of my items "specialty"

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
my digger is specialty, my belt, pouch w/ 2 compartments, 1 trash - 1 treasure, clip holder to hold all in one pliers and serrated blade folding knife for roots' came from army navy surplus, home made hand probe using a garden utensil handle with a 1/4" brazing rod in it, rounded tip. and a 2 sided chop tool for hard soil.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nail apron works great for trash and keepers--- side belt holder for gator digger (tough ground)---sand trowel (soft ground) and "probe" for poking around into ground with in case want to check it out a bit first before digging on those iffy signals ---with a bit of pressure a probe will go "thru" a alumium can but not a coin--0f headed tp a beach a long handled scoop is a must---unless you like the up and down all the time stuff---Ivan

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
all i have when i go out is my digger and my machine. i usually wear cargo pants or shorts and put my coins in the left pocket and trash in the right.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
McNickle said:
If ANYONE has A device, gadget or ect..M.D. Accessory that Youcan not hardly hunt without ...Please....Let ME know what it is.......... here..?

I have a digging cloth that I made out of the leg of a pair jeans and some dowel rods. I have made several with my daughter and I cannot hunt without it. I also have a frisbee with holes in it for when I hunt in the sand volleyball pit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread