What brand of metal detector do you use?

What brand of metal detector do you use?

• Total voters

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Didn't realize this poll was so old but nonetheless,I always used Whites,love them but am waiting for my new Minelab X-Terra 505 to arrive in the mail.

Tony Wright

Jul 26, 2013
I have the works, XP Deus mostly, Minelab Explorer and Sovereign (with homemade waterproof box for beach/water), Nokta and Blisstool for heavily detected sites, and I pack a Tesoro Golden UMax in my car for those spur of the moment opportunities.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunted civil war relics in and around chattanooga tennessee for 25 years. Then i quit for 10 years. Now I have dusted off the old bandido and purchased a new Tejon and waiting for cooler weather in hopes of hitting some of the old places with the new tejon and bringing a few nice relics home. Fisher and Tesoro have been the dominate metal detectors for hunting civil war relics in our area. Our view of Garrett and White is that they spend more budget on advertizing and Tesoro and Fisher follows the rule of " action speaks louder than words"

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used a lot of different brands. I currently have a Fisher F-4, Tesoro Compradre and Vanquero, Garrett AT Pro and Minelab CTX3030. I have used more Tesoro models then anything, but I am mostly using my Minelab CTX3030 right now and sometimes my AT Pro.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Noreiga

Greenie
Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites classic III, minelab explorer 2, teknetics delta 4000

VonDigger

Dec 13, 2009
Baden, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Bounty Hunter Lonestar and a Bounty Hunter Pinpointer

Jogar3610

Mar 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (my first detector)
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 (Second Bought)
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro (Newest)
Garrett pinpointer (not carrot)

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Whites MxT Pro. I really like this detector. I am primarily a relic hunter.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use a Bounty Hunter Lonestar and a Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
George Carlin doing the news: " There was a Freak accident today on the Santa Monica Freeway. A van overturned with 6 freaks inside". Lol Great stuff. Carlin was truly a comic genius.

DIYMetalDetector

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2019
Port Angeles
Detector(s) used
Home Made Pulse Induction 12v
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIY - I wish I could remember the circuit I manipulated from expired Copyright. I do know the circuit was in Canada. My FIL and I added and changed some things. Its a PI detector. Works great. Made coil from telephone wire. We'll see what we find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions