What brand of metal detector do you use?

What brand of metal detector do you use?

• Total voters

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006

Attachments

• nahabits.jpg
    nahabits.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1,846

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Tesoro Golden Sabre...for parks and lawns
Minelab dry sand and whenever I can dig freely
Tesoro SandShark Salt water beach
Fisher 1212-x play grounds and back-up detector

Russ in Ohio

Greenie
Mar 14, 2006
I voted Fisher but actually have quite a herd! Living alone and this being my main hobby I tend to spend my hard earned cash on detectors. That said...
Fisher CZ70pro
Fisher CZ3D
Tesoro Cortez
Whites IDXpro
Wilson Coin Select
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Over the years I've had a Whites 6000D, the origional that you had to "whip", A Garrett Master Hunter 5 that I HATED and a Teknetics 8500. Started with a Jetco, actually! Of the current bunch the CZ70 is my favorite followed by the Cortez. I've not yet used the Wilson but I can say its heavy! I guess I bought it because I always pull for the underdog and what few reviews I've seen say its deep with good seperation. Hopefully this ice age will end soon and I can find out! Russ

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
Whites XLT Series E and an Discovery 2. My next one to add to my short list will be an ACE 250.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
1) Garrett 2500
2) Garrett 250 ACE
3) Garrett Scorpion
4) Minelab Musketeer Advantage
5) Wilson Coin Select
6) Fisher CZ 5

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Since no one else mentioned it, mine is a Tesoro LST. Mostly interested in nugget shooting and can't afford a Minelab. Occasionally use it on the beach or elsewhere for coins but I hate to dig grass so I usually stay away from parks. Goldbug 2 will get smaller gold but trying to find those #6 shot size pieces in your scoup is a challenge. I have also had 2 Falcons and liked them but one was stolen and the other was drowned. They are good for checking for specimens or small cracks but don't cover much area. They might be used for pin pointint but there are others that are probably better.

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Just got a Garrett Ace 250 today ( Whoever it was I outbid on Ebay on Sunday, SORRY!) and have been using a Viper Trident (Anyone else? Anyone?) for about a month.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
We (LQ & I) have 4 machines..........started with a Whites Prizm3 then got a good deal on a Whites QXTpro & Ace250 at the same time, then picked up the BH3300 for $112 at RS. Lizard Queen realy likes the Prizm & I love my QXT (and absolutely hate the Ace250!) The 3300 is a nice machine for the money but neither of us ever use it, good backup machine I guess. I think I'll end up selling the Ace soon.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The Nautilus IIB is my only machine from now on.

It never ceases to amaze me...Nautilus is one of the biggest suppliers of true professional quality metal detectors in the world and usually they're listed under "other." LoL ;D

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
How come I can only pick one brand? I have six that I use.

wishbone1958

Jan 13, 2007
southern illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Trac- Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq.. under $700.00 for one awesome machine... Tesoro Compadre.... For $151.00 great machine.... Tesoro Tesoro Tesoro no ifs ands and buts about it...

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow #1White's #2Garret #3Bounty Hunter

I use a White's have tried some other's sticking with White's now..I use a Beach Hunter ID it's been great!!! given me lots of loot!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions