Chinook Pass

NWHunter61

Oct 26, 2008
Yakima, Washington
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for someone who might want to hit the American Lodge ski area on Chinook Pass after hunting season closes (I believe Sept. 1st). It closed in the 40's when skiing opened up at the summit of Chinook. It's a half mile hike of moderate uphill difficulty. The lodge still stands in great shape and is open to the public, but is occassionally rented out. There are also foundations at the base of the hill of buildings that were where people gathered for the horse drawn cart ride up the hill. You can see in the pic the cabin and the area of young growth trees that used to be the ski area. There is one open run left that they use for sledding and tubing...about 199 yds. long, and it's a thrasher so pockets are constantly getting emptied out. Hunted it one time a couple years back only for about 2 hours and found plenty of clad, a few silvers and wheats, a ton of bulletts in the side of the hill and some cart implements. Let me know if you are interested, or perhaps we can plan something for the late spring

Attachments

• am lodge.jpg
    am lodge.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 773

bass99

May 9, 2005
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm game. Going back to Aberdeen(Grays Harbor), in a few weeks.

OP
OP
NWHunter61

NWHunter61

Oct 26, 2008
Yakima, Washington
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good then! As stated, I will try to make a go of it for next weekend, either Saturday or Sunday is good for me. Sorry I did not reply sooner, but just after I posted this last Sunday, I came down with a pulse of 280...spent 3 days in our own Valley Regional hospital, and the next 2 days unenjoying the accomidations at the west sides Virginia Mason. Think I will be good to go by next weekend, tho! I will make contact with you around Wed. and see if you are up for the upcoming weekend or would rather it wait till spring~
Murph

stevena

Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a little new and as I can see a littel late. But if anyone is looking at going up to chinook pass in the future for some old prospecting let me know I would love to go. Can get a hold of me at [email protected] thanks and happy hunting.

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
I'm just down the road in the Naches area. I spend alot of time running around in those hills. Also, do a little panning on some of the creeks in the area.

Daniel

I would like to know the Chinook pass area better have you ever found any color? I could meet up and spend a day prospecting with you. If you ever want to check out the west side of the Cascades I live 15 mins from one of the best gold bearing streams the west side has to offer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread