Washington jade hunting

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Would love to join you in some jade hunting there Jim, but live over here on the snowy side of the mountain.

Jim

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 4,320
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 4,305
OP
OP
S

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
My jade hunting area on the east side might be snow free by early may.
Jim C.

P.S. I'll have my detector for nugget shooting also. Don't leave home without it this year. Nuggets should be plentifull this year.

OP
OP
S

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
Picked up some jade on Blewett Pass Highway a couple weekends ago.The club I belong to has claims on the Peshastin Creek area of old Blewett Highway and Scotty Road.

I busted up some bedrock and got a lot of flake and flour gold out, and BB sized nuggets. There is a lot of flood gold mixed with what was already there.

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to get on some jade. I also have access to claims up on Blewitt but right now I think the snow might be an issue.

OP
OP
S

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
Blewett claims are under snow now. That's where I get most of my gold and it's small unless I move my fat old but more to go for the deeper stuff. Jade is scarce there and some of it is actually serpentine. Most of my jade comes from Snohomish and Skagit counties and I go there year round. As for posting pictures, I'm low tech and need to bring high tech friends to figure that one out. I have a rock wall with all my jade, serpentine and granite on one side of my house. I need to take time to cut some of it now and go out to get more while I'm still mobile.

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever need someone to go with you, let me know. Im in Snohomish and would love to see some washington jade up close. I had no idea it was even here.

rockyhef77

Jan 26, 2016
snohomish
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Fisher F75 LTD- whites DFX Mine lab advantage
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be in Snohomish county this spring and early summer for a couple hunts. My best jade came from a small river near you.

hey I live on the Pilchuck river and was told there is Jade in this river?

rockyhef77

Jan 26, 2016
snohomish
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Fisher F75 LTD- whites DFX Mine lab advantage
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever need someone to go with you, let me know. Im in Snohomish and would love to see some washington jade up close. I had no idea it was even here.

if you are ever down to go metal detecting let me know, I am a Snohomish native, I live in Machias..

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you are ever down to go metal detecting let me know, I am a Snohomish native, I live in Machias..

Havent had my AT Pro out in a long time. That would be a good time.

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got curious about jade in the state so I looked it up. Here's something I found interesting.....

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
That is a funny video. I have found Jade on Waddell Creek. I know Seamuss personally Mike. He is a true rock hound.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread