anyone up for some gold dredging?

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
July 1st is the opener on most rivers . I will be over in King county dredging a few times in July ( mostly the North Bend area). If anyone wants to join me, you're more than welcome to. I have a 4 inch dredge with air that I will be using & anyone that wants to give it a go. I am not sure of exact dates, but I do know it will be on Saturdays and/or Sundays.

Paul

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detectorfreak will probably hit ya up but he is in Oregon til Sunday. I'm not sure he has his laptop with him.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Had some prior commitments so did not post. How was your dredging trip on opening weekend? Any nuggets?

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 349
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 339
OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Did well for first day. Spent the majority of the time removing the overburden (usually how it ends up going). I did get some pickers off of the bedrock before I had to wrap it up. I ended up with more mercury than I have found in a while, it even has gold trapped in it. I will be out almost every weekend for a while, so let me know if you're up to it. I forgot my weight belt, so I really beat myself up fighting the current all day.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I got out on the Naches river over the weekend. Did good, no nuggets but a lot of flakes and fine.

Did some rockhounding also and got jade and a couple buckets of quartz nodules and thunder eggs.

OP
OP
Paul in WA

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Seamuss said:
Paul in Wa said:
ever go out for Hanson Creek crystals on Snoqualmie Pass?
Ya, been there done that. There are silver and pyrite inclussions in some of the crystals.

It's my kids favorite place to go. I take them there a few times a year for fun.

SamT

Jan 12, 2008
ya, why North Bend ? My name is Sam and I live down in Eatonville, south of Puyallup on the way to Mt./ Rainier. I have3 been prospecting on and off for 30 years. Lived in Nome AK, have a claim up there south of Hope as well as I homesteaded 80 acres below Mt. Redoubt Ak. I know of many many places here in Wa. email [email protected] 360.832.3313

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions