Metal detecting in Washington becoming extinct?

davehalsen

Sep 8, 2013
Hi everyone this is my 1st post I just bought a nice whites detector and am planning on starting to learn the ropes this spring. I am in the Spokane area and am a business owner so I can adjust my schedule (usually ) to spend time out in the area. If anyone is looking for a rookie to go with I might be your guy! Hope to hear from everyone and also hope that some good advice comes through along with it. I am already seeing that there is a lot more to learn than it first appears.

animal76

Sep 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a metal detecting permit for all King county parks so that gave me more options. Call them and you get it for $25 or 30 for a family. You can only use a screwdriver. Seattle parks was a firm no :(.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a metal detecting permit for all King county parks so that gave me more options. Call them and you get it for $25 or 30 for a family. You can only use a screwdriver. Seattle parks was a firm no :(.

I detect in Seattle parks often. No problem at all. Stopped and chatted with a parks employee last time I was in a Seattle park and he told me I was good to go. Funny how someone behind a desk will tell you no and the guys on the ground have no problem. After all, the guys on the ground are the ones that you have to appease. That person behind the desk in an office somewhere will never know you're out there. Just my two cents

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Traded up from a Garrett ACE 350 to an ATPro with a Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out in lacey area this am. Starting in Wanscher park

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I've been detecting 4o plus years. Been in Spokane for the last 14. I recently got a new detector (Garrett AT PRo) and have been hitting the parks here in Spokane. Their not dead and have found some really good stuff. Found 2 Barber dimes (1906 and 1911) around 8" deep in the LAST 2 WEEKS. Been finding wheats in the teen range weekly. Silver is rare but can be found. You have to learn your detector first, nothing beats trial and error. Good luck and look us up at Northwest treasure hunters.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out in lacey area this am. Starting in Wanscher park

Any luck in Lacey?

My Lady friend is renting a very old 1900ish house near downtown Olympia, and I am going to run my MD in her yard. Maybe I'll score somthing!

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Traded up from a Garrett ACE 350 to an ATPro with a Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing in wanscher. Got out to a park outside town and got over a buck in lincolns, one wheat and some mid 80's clad

Kahunaroy

Dec 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am new to the forum and new to detecting. I may have the opportunity to check out an area that has probably hasn't been detected (ever) up in the mountains. It's not something I can really share about, but its a couple of miles big and has had thousands of people through it and used to be Indian grounds. Any suggestions on what I should bring up with me?

Toscano

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which. Would be considered a better detector, a Garret AT gold pro or a. Bounty Hunter series ?

Toscano

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to Go all over Texas, there are hundreds of ghost towns,Stage stops, historical areas. Even used divining rods on Padre Island Because no detectors are allowed looking for Singers treasure. There are two cannon there filled with. Gold coins covered with sand dunes.

Toscano

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely bring a small sidearm. Clothes for the Terrain, a digger, and research the area well before you go.

Toscano

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackdog ...how do you like the garret AT Pro? What are the ups and downs of it pros and cons ?

Toscano

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which. Would be considered a better detector, a Garret AT gold pro or a. Bounty Hunter series ?

Smooth Blend

Nov 30, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari w/ 11"DD coil, 10"x12"SEF, 15"WOT coil, Garrett Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are in the wrong forum. please go to the "help" section and post your question there. You will get a lot more answers.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mackdog ...how do you like the garret AT Pro? What are the ups and downs of it pros and cons ?

I love the At Pro best detector for me. It's acurate on pin pointing, gives the correct depth and the sound and target ID notch and number add up to 95% correct ID every time. Can't beat the depth either. FOund a V nickel at 9" dimes at 8 and nine. I've had some deeper targets but have to use a screw driver to dig here. I got a 12" heavy duty screw driver for next year.

GeoMonkey

Dec 25, 2013
Olympia, WA - USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my Fisher F2 tonight, hoping to started "learnin" in my yard 2014 morning. I had a cheap MD 30 years ago, in the Mojave desert, this F2 is so much more sophisticated.

I live in Thurston co, but never heard of Wanscher Park, is that code or? I'm retired, so looking for fun, not getting rich - LOL.

GeoMonkey

Dec 25, 2013
Olympia, WA - USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my Fisher F2 tonight, hoping to started "learnin" in my yard 2014 morning. I had a cheap MD 30 years ago, in the Mojave desert, this F2 is so much more sophisticated.

I live in Thurston co, but never heard of Wanscher Park, is that code or? I'm retired, so looking for fun, not getting rich - LOL.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GeoMonkey,
Wanscher park is not code. It's the actual name of the park.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread