Metal detecting in Washington becoming extinct?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I have only seen two people on the forum post their finds from Washington State so far in the past month. I know JuJu's not doing it anymore as I know of. I think hes too busy working, and I have no idea when we will see him posting finds. As for me, I kinda lost interest in it (I will gain back interest once JuJu or Washingtonian wants to go with me) Washingtonian is currently going to the same college as I am and we are very busy with homework. But! Whats the rest of your guys excuses for not posting your finds on the forum? I think Washington state will eventually become heavily populated with cement roads, bustling cities, and cars that we won't even get to find a grass area to detect at.

Metal detecting will eventually kick the bucket in Washington state, because you can make more money at work than you can mding.

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Point. I know Tom and I still go out as much buts its so Frustrating. we find old houses old farms and nothing but clad, except for the occasional; good finds US belt Buckle, old bottles and things, it seems unless you are finding 20 standing libertys everyday its not worth posting yea any silver in this state is rare I was even thinking about starting our own page just for washington state! I want to go up to Camp Parsons, I think you said you went there before??? asd much as Tom and I have gone this year we should have piles of old Silver and Goodies... not the case thanks for this post good point come washington!

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey DF, we're trying just not finding much. Anytime you want to get together and hunt let me know. I'm not afraid of driving. This is actually my favorite time of the year to hunt with the rain and cooler temps. Parks and other places are easier to hunt with less people being out and about also with the summer growth dieing away. Anyway, don't worry I'll try and get something posted soon.

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
tomharris76 said:
Hey DF, we're trying just not finding much. Anytime you want to get together and hunt let me know. I'm not afraid of driving. This is actually my favorite time of the year to hunt with the rain and cooler temps. Parks and other places are easier to hunt with less people being out and about also with the summer growth dieing away. Anyway, don't worry I'll try and get something posted soon.

When I get the the time, I will give you guys a buzz. I have been so busy with school myself. Family is also getting ready to move out of this house and into either Issaquah or Redmond. I hate moving, but oh well. When I feel like going, I will give ya a call.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it might be because washington state archies are well known to troll websites looking for folks posting about their finding stuff * the archies then hunt them down to "see" what they got in their "collections" -- makes folks leery of posting finds sadly --some states have very aggressive archies that hate detectorist and surface artifact gathers with a passion.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
Archies can't hound you for what you find. If you find clad, silver and pull tabs then go ahead and post it.

I find wheaties and silver so seldom that it would be a waste of their time to come here and tell me what to do with it. My profile shows ninety five percent of my finds and archies will not be able to find out what I did with the items.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
Archies: Archeologist, people who dig up treasure for museums and are usually paid a nominal fee for turning the treasures over to the museums.

People that metal detect like we do look for coins, rings, pull tabs, or relics such as old bottles, marbles, belt buckles...archies look for ancient villages, dinosaur bones and historical items.

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I'd love to see an "Archie" knock on my door and tell me to turn over my finds. I can just see some old man wearing coke bottle glasses threatening me. I don't know if I'd laugh in his face or grab him by the collar and kick his ass off my property. Give me a break, that is hillarious. The Archie Police are watching you.

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac/ xp Deus?/equinox 800
Hey I just regestered on this site...I have been detecting for a long time...pretty much just got back into it...bought me a whites mxt...went to my favorite old coin spot...that I thought I hunted out with my old trusty CZ-5 and found more goodies about a week ago....first coin dug there was a 1891 silver dollar that is the 3rd silver dollar I have found there...since i very first started hunting the 16 acre park....oldest coin i found there is a 1876 quarter...best coin was the 1890 cc silver dollar.... If you guys would like to join me at this place, let me know...this place was a popular resort back in 1910 to around the 40s I believe??...my last trip there was a few days ago and i found a buffalo nickel unreadable date...2 wheat backs...1942 nickel and a 1903 indian head....this place has lots of potential!....years ago...I found lots of mercs.....and even 2 or 3 V-nickels....the location is in Lacey

rdizzle

Mar 1, 2009
Tacoma, wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Garrett GTAx 1000, Whites Spectra V3, Tesoro Silver Umax, tesoro Deleon, tesoro tiger shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be willing to go detecting at any old resorts as a detecting buddy. I really need to test out the new whites i got

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Now that the ground is thawed out, and if it is not pouring buckets of rain....I am itching to get out there and use my detector....I may be hitting the lacey park, that I was talkng about, in my last post. If any of you are up for it hit me up....!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
You need to get out more. I see detectorist all over the state. Of course I'm seeing them outdoors.

I did not get a detector to be an extinct person or on the extinction list. If you a Washingtonian, then get out with your outdoor equipment and look alive.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Detector(s) used
The days are getting a little longer and warmer then last year. I'm getting out once in a while when the rain slows down. Anybody with me.
I'm looking for nuggets, wheaties, silver and jewelry. Not exactly in that order.

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Hey the sun is actually out right now here in Olympia, I think I will head out today for a bit......Yesterday was just too rainy!

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Vanoldschool and I are ready to meet up with anyone who wants to get out. We've been getting together about once a week rain or shine.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I'm down for hunting when people wanna meet up in a group, ozbach I am totally game when you need someone to hit up that old resort with you, I will not mind the road trip. My best days for detecting are saturdays if anyone ever wants someone to hunt with, and my spring break is March 25-April 4 and I would love to get out a lot during that, so anyone who is serious about going PM me and I will give you my number.

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Sent you a PM...I pulled a 1906 swiss silver 1 franc. Just today at that park about the size of a quarter, it has a hole in it like someone used it as a necklace. been getting a few old coins just about every detecting trip out. the silver is getting hard to find, but wheaties show here and there. the silver coin came out of a very trashy spot we have hit a dozen times or so, with our normal size coils, so I brought out the litte fisher F2 with the tiny 4" coil, went very slow, and BAM! right in between trash....SILVER!!!!

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Hello all. How's it going DF? You might not remember me, I went huntin with you and Juju back in late 2008. I love WA, but this state is too clean. I went to an old park where I helped tear down an old floorless consession stand to hunt, but nothing! I figured a 100 years of coins droping there should be something. I found one clad in the whole park. :dontknow: Oh well I'm willing to join forces with anybody that's interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions