wenatchee

Baboso

May 30, 2013
Wenatchee, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure if this thread is still being looked at but I live in Wenatchee and would love to help aspiring prospectors find some gold. I have just found this forum and just stumbled upon this thread. Respond or PM me if you would like to prospect some time.

Ryan

AimSmMissSm

Jan 9, 2013
Any of you guys on this page still prospecting this area? I have been working the areas that are not claimed trying my luck. If you would like to meet up for some panning, sluicing, or dredging let me know. ~Kai~

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a little guy, my grandpa would take me up in the Stemilt basin Looking for elk signs and grouse. He'd also drive us up Kingsbury canyon and over Ingersoll Pass, almost all the way to the flatlands of Ellensburg and tell me stories of the old logging wagons pulled by horse teams and the regular mail runs, and the possible problems they would run into. I remember everytime, being fascinated with his stories of old-time loggers and hunters finding nuggets in the streams and always thought those byways could and would have been used by prospectors as well. He and his family became apple knockers after moving there to the Wenatchee area when he was a teenager in the mid '30s and he and his brothers and father killed a lot of game up there around four corners and jump-off ridge. If I were a betting man, I would put a significant sum of money on those stories...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread