wenatchee

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
There is a prospecting club in Wenatchee that would probably have some members that would be able to help you out with information.
I'll post the name of the club when I find it.

OP
OP
M

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks much for the info. i will check into it. take care and be safe out there. ron :)

OP
OP
M

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again, thanks much i appreciate it very much. i will also relay this to my son in wenatchee and hope to be there around april [i hope] :) :) take care and be safe out there. ron

OP
OP
M

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paul, thanks much for the in-put.
take care and be safe out there. ron

OP
OP
M

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paul,could you please point me to a area? not you special one but some place i might have a chance. thanks much and be safe out there. ron

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
Did you make up here Maui? If so how did your panning adventure go? Always good to hear about finds in the home state, particularly on this side of the mountains

-Lance

OP
OP
M

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi lance, no i did'nt make it yet because afew things came up but hoping to in the near future.
thanks much lance for asking and how are you doing? doing much panning or sluicing and getting
much of that fine stuff?
take care and be safe out there. ron

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
I'm very excited, walking out the door in a couple minutes for my first ever serious attempt at panning. Hopefully I will have some specks of color to show off in a couple days

-Lance

OP
OP
M

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi lance, wishing you the very best of luck and think possitive, you will do well.
let us know how you did and also post afew pictures if you are able to.
take care and be safe out there. ron :wink: :icon_thumleft: :)

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
No good news to report from my prospecting adventure. I did get a feel for running the sluice and spent some time with the pan (first time for both) No shiny objects this time, but we did have a heck of a good time and got to see some really great country (as well as walking what seemed like miles through mountain streams!)

-Lance

Attachments

• CIMG5913.JPG
    CIMG5913.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 333
  • CIMG5914.JPG
    CIMG5914.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 299
  • CIMG5915.JPG
    CIMG5915.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 320
OP
OP
M

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi lance, sorry to hear that you did'nt have much luck this time out. next time you will do better
just keep thinking positive and it will come.
how far down were you digging? were you classifing your meteral?
really nice pictures and thanks much for sharing them. next time when you go to the river again
let us know how you did and if you can, take afew pictutes of the gold that you are going to find.
take care and be safe out there.
ron

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
I was getting the big stuff out of the way with a shaker box I made for pea gravel in tot lots thats about 16"x18" with a 3/8 mesh. After it went through that strait into the sluice. I was taking stuff right off the surface where we tried just the pans. Later on I was working an area near our campsite by a dead fall log in the water, I went down a few inches there (more reading has lead me to believe I should have keep digging) We went out again on sunday to another area and there I classified into a 5 gallon bucket. When it was about 3/4 full I packed it to the sluice. Went through the results from that today and found a good bit of black sand (magnetic) and what I believe is some very fine gold. Got it pretty well panned out myself, going to run it by a gentleman here in town who has helped me get started some and see if he will take a slosh at it and see what he thinks before I get my hopes up too much. Geologically the area is great, and finding the black sands made my day. Plus it was another great several hours spent away from town and wading around in a creek. I dunno what the heck I am gonna do come winter. Might have to find someone to visit in Arizona ;D

-Lance

OP
OP
M

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi lance, good to hear that you found an area with black sand and had a chance to work it.
i am sure that you do have some of that good stuff mixed in with the sand.
lance, there is a fantastic way to seperate the fine gold and the black sand, it is called a miller
table. you can make one yourself they are not hard to make and i do have the instruction's
along with afew pictures of how to make one. if you are interested i will try to find the info. i
have on it [ somewhere around here ] SMILE. and send it to you.
also, you are right about trying to go alittle deeper when you dig.
take care of yourself and go find that yellow metal, you WILL find it.
also stay safe out there.
ron

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
West Richland, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
Hey Maui. I know this is a old thread, but just wondering if you still have your Miller table plans ? Planning on buying a desert fox but sure are spendy . Will definitely save my wrists though

freddielee

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
contact fred at the cashmere museum.have lots of great places on and around blewit pass.

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
West Richland, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
Hey Fred, We live in Richland hopefully we will make it up that way next month. Due to all these cut backs I find a lot of free time on my hands. Have you ever went out to the Chinese tailing piles by Vernita bridge? We have pans, sluice, classifiers, highbanker, drywasher, portable miller table, desert fox concentrator, three whites detectors- a 66tr4B S2 Goldmaster, a Classic III, and a GMT. So lots of equipment but really no where to hunt down here. David

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread