Am I the only Pacific NW treasure hunter?

Anasazi

May 5, 2012
Ocean Park WA
Detector(s) used
Main detectors XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Anfibio multi, Tesoro Sand Shark

used in the past but not forgotten
Sov Elite
SE Pro
Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Teknetics Mark 1 LTD coin computer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
Hey Anasazi, let me know how that e-trac works for you in the NW. Im thinking about getting one. What did you have before the e-trac?

Sent from my Android using TreasureNet

Anasazi

May 5, 2012
Ocean Park WA
Detector(s) used
Main detectors XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Anfibio multi, Tesoro Sand Shark

used in the past but not forgotten
Sov Elite
SE Pro
Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Teknetics Mark 1 LTD coin computer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a Fisher F75 SE great detector but not in damp or wet sand here on the beaches, fine in dry sand. Also toooooo chatty and EMI finicky for my taste. In town had to run around 70 sens I can see why they like it for civil war hunts out in the woods down south.

Gunkie

Jul 22, 2007
Parkville, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I'm new to the area. Moved to Lacey a month ago and have no idea where to hunt. Would love to meet up with someone sometime. Or at least some advise on where to start would be nice. I have a Minelab Sovereign GT and never really got a good feel for it.

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gunkie said:
I'm new to the area. Moved to Lacey a month ago and have no idea where to hunt. Would love to meet up with someone sometime. Or at least some advise on where to start would be nice. I have a Minelab Sovereign GT and never really got a good feel for it.

You should look into joining a local Metal detecting club. There are several in the area, including the Puget Sound Treasure Hunters Club in Tacoma and Cascade a treasure Club in Seattle. Lots of good people, events and advice!

krustypuff

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2012
everett
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi im looking to get into detecting , thinking about getting at pro but not sure so many to pick from. Im thinking about more on beaches and lakes here in seattle area. Possible some rivers. Coins relics and gold is what i want to find.

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the southern willamette valley, I prospect and detect, fun for sure! Spanish Treasure symbols have just been brought to my attention recently also.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice nug in the pic Oregon gold!

thumper7813

Mar 31, 2013
kelso wa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter / White's Coin master GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in kelso just moved here I prospect and MD I go to the park And MD everyone looks at me like I'm crazy lol love it this way no one bothers me lol gets lonely at times but we must live on to bring back the good days of MD and prospecting when people didn't think u were killing worms as u MD and call the police ya that did happen to me when the police showed up the lady's came over and rated me out I looked at them and said I promise all the worms I kill I eat just for the protein and they about puked the officer told them to stop harassing me I was doing nothing wrong and to go away after they left I said to the officer "u can't kill a worm cutting him in half lol" I told the cop he laughed and said have a good day see u around...

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi im looking to get into detecting , thinking about getting at pro but not sure so many to pick from. Im thinking about more on beaches and lakes here in seattle area. Possible some rivers. Coins relics and gold is what i want to find.

Krustypuff

I am trying to get familiar with my new AT pro - man, the thing is hard to pinpoint the target I find.

Just tried some torn up sidewalks on highway 99 near downtown seattle - just the regular junk.

I am trying to make it cascase trasure club meetings, but second sunday doesn't always work out for me.

I'll keep you posted - maybe we go out sometime, and see if our machines work the same. peace

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Traded up from a Garrett ACE 350 to an ATPro with a Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how about the old stage stops along highway 50? Wife and I are going to be headed down there in September 2013. What does Nevada say about mding around them?

Mr. Magoo

Feb 5, 2007
North carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got to the Puget Sound area as well. Sure is alot different detecting than east coast. I've been looking for detectorists in area on my outings. Actually quite a few here. I'm still looking for someone to go detecting with. I'm retired and have more free time than I know what to do with. If anyone close to Everett or within 50 miles hit me up and let's go dig something!

bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Traded up from a Garrett ACE 350 to an ATPro with a Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am down in tumwater area

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got to the Puget Sound area as well. Sure is alot different detecting than east coast. I've been looking for detectorists in area on my outings. Actually quite a few here. I'm still looking for someone to go detecting with. I'm retired and have more free time than I know what to do with. If anyone close to Everett or within 50 miles hit me up and let's go dig something!

Let's hit up Silver Lake this week...interested?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread