Am I the only Pacific NW treasure hunter?

prospector0980

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2006
Hawthorne, NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab soverign, goldbug
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with you, sometimes it is lonely out here. I live in the high desert of Nevada and have to go a long way to see anyone withe a metal detector. Last year I was in Maine and did see some people out detecting on the beach. It was the middle of the winter and there were a few of us crazies out there.

OP
OP
S

SeattleHistoryNut

Dec 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Prospector how is the hunting in Nevada? are there any good finds in your area?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vancouver WA Here Yes the One Near Portland Or :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: HH Chug and Red

OP
OP
S

SeattleHistoryNut

Dec 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
C&R Santa's other elves said:
Vancouver WA Here Yes the One Near Portland Or :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: HH Chug and Red
Awesome! If you are ever hunting in my area give me a shout i'd love to tag along!

prospector0980

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2006
Hawthorne, NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab soverign, goldbug
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, there are good finds to be found around here. I found an old map(1912) that I used to locate some old stage stops and water holes and old ghost towns. My wife and i have gone to a lot of these, it is amazing to me, I find old bullets she finds 1902 V nickel. I find clad coins, she finds 1892 dime. We have fun but a lot of the local ghost towns have been hit pretty hard. We keep trying, that's the name of the game.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Aloha Orygun here - just west of Portland OR.
I know there isn't a town named Aloha but we have Aloha High School and Aloha Post office.
My Oregon State drivers licence, my voting card, and my CHL all state Aloha as my residence.

Chug and Red - have you tried mining the black sands on Columbia River shores?
Hope to do that this coming summer.

My best finds were in Willamette Park where I found a gold bracelet and a diamond ring.
The beaches here have not given anything but a few coins.

Grey

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seattle is a 10 hour drive from me in Northern Utah. I am feeling the same way about Utah....I must be one of only a total of 5 MD'ers....

PB

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seattle: Get yourself down to Point Defiance Park in Tacoma. I know I lost silver there in the 60s when I was in elementary school! There used to be a big dock complex there that dated to the teens or earlier, and I think it is all gone now. But boy, there ought to be some coinage ...

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see anybody either, but I can see his handiwork. I find more nickels than anything else indicating a high discriminator setting. When I get my Tiger Shark this Thursday, I will find out if he has been in the water too!!!

PlacerLode

Mar 28, 2012
Jet City is Seattle
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000 - XP DEUS - CTX 3030 - Excalibur II 1000 - Pro-Find 25 - SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it's growing here in the Jet City I have more and more "locals" calling me looking for detectors and prospecting gear :)

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting the NW for years. I took a break for a while, but now getting back out again.

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
Yep, I live in the greater puget sound area too. I go out pretty often, 4-5 times a week. Youre not alone!

Vizzio

Jun 11, 2012
Missoula, MT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2 w/ 11" DD Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana here. Close enough, right?

czhunter69

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2012
tacoma wa
Detector(s) used
fisher cz3d
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Tacoma wa. My wife and I are going out to melmont ghost town this morning. It's out near Buckley wa. I've been there once before, and didn't find anything, but I'm gonna try again today.

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok all you east coast MDers please leave and go NW so i can have all the land to myself

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in the Seattle area in Washington and have the distinct feeling the vast majority of hunters are either on the East coast or down South? Please prove me wrong!
-T

Yes, you are the only treasure hunter in the Pacific NW at this time. Everyone else there is out looking for Bigfoot...

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV...saving my clad for a Tesoro SandShark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I was the only one out here too. I recently moved to Whidbey Island from Everett. I havn't been out much but I am gettin the itch. There is some good beaches around here, sure to be some goodies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions