Gold In Washington State
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By vuggy

Thread: Gold In Washington State

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2003
    234 times

Gold In Washington State

Even though most of Washington's gold production has been from lode mines, every county in the state contains placer gold. A good reference list can be found at the following website:
    http://www.iowagold.net/iowagolddotn...ngton_gold.htm

us
    Jun 2011
    Not the only place to find this information, but it is a good start. Try 49Mikes as well.

us
    "Three left turns make a right turn"

Apr 2012
    Redmond, Washington
    White's MXT Pro / 12" 300 / Eclipse DD / Eclipse Shooter | Bounty Hunter | Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    As a lot of locals know, the majority of placer gold in WA is pretty fine and flour. Unless you get lucky and come across some of the coarser stuff, such as by the Liberty / Swuak / Blewett area. Historically, I think there was actually an economical placer dredge operation around there. A mining company swooped in after hear/say that the river was productive.

I like learn and research from history, combined with the present. I'm not heavy into gold aside from simple weekend panning and sluicing. But knowing where metallic minerals were mined helps me seek out and find new "and old" areas to find rocks and minerals. For instance, I've created what i call my "Google Earth Frankenstein" to armchair prospect.

I hacked some stuff together from various sources and combined it into the software. There is a complete geological makeup of the state of washington overlayed over the satellite maps, then I acquired all the public data for both the Active and Inactive gold claims for the state from the BLM. Blue squares are Inactive status. Yellow squares are Active status... meaning "don't work those area without the claimants permission". Locating Inactive claims and prospecting the areas in around them can be beneficial with persistance and patience.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google-earth-frankenstein-wa-gold-claims.JPG 
Views:	8807 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	625794
    LinkHylian and GoinforGold like this.

Mar 2012
    434 times
    Nice system Vuggy, Not being smart enough to do that myself we might have to hit you up before we go out this year. lol

Aug 2013
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Are there any good prospecting places around the Tri-Cities? Or the south eastern corner of WA? Thanks.

Sponsored Links