Redmond, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro / 12" 300 / Eclipse DD / Eclipse Shooter
|
Bounty Hunter |
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a lot of locals know, the majority of placer gold in WA is pretty fine and flour. Unless you get lucky and come across some of the coarser stuff, such as by the Liberty / Swuak / Blewett area. Historically, I think there was actually an economical placer dredge operation around there. A mining company swooped in after hear/say that the river was productive.

I like learn and research from history, combined with the present. I'm not heavy into gold aside from simple weekend panning and sluicing. But knowing where metallic minerals were mined helps me seek out and find new "and old" areas to find rocks and minerals. For instance, I've created what i call my "Google Earth Frankenstein" to armchair prospect.

I hacked some stuff together from various sources and combined it into the software. There is a complete geological makeup of the state of washington overlayed over the satellite maps, then I acquired all the public data for both the Active and Inactive gold claims for the state from the BLM. Blue squares are Inactive status. Yellow squares are Active status... meaning "don't work those area without the claimants permission". Locating Inactive claims and prospecting the areas in around them can be beneficial with persistance and patience.

google-earth-frankenstein-wa-gold-claims.JPG

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice system Vuggy, Not being smart enough to do that myself we might have to hit you up before we go out this year. lol

Yuriy B

Aug 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any good prospecting places around the Tri-Cities? Or the south eastern corner of WA? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions