Greenie
Feb 5, 2013
Tacoma WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello we are super new to this metal detecting hobby but have caught the bug. Been practicing with an older bounty hunter just to get the feel of things in our front yard (house and property built and purchased in 1945) and have found various coins, the oldest being a 1945 wheat. We will be in Sequim this weekend for a geocaching challenge and want to do a little detecting in a new area and was hoping for some info on places that might be worth checking out so we can break in our new Garrett Ace 250s. We'll have our four yea old with usso hiking wouldnt be an option :) Any tips or warnings about laws in the area would be appre iated also. Thanks!

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the site as well, welcome! I cant help ya much on sequim hunting but I do have the ace 250. Run that sucker as hot as you can. It will find you some good stuff deeper than you would think! Good luck and happy hunting!

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome all to Treasure Net from Mississippi!

OP
OP
KJKBrader

KJKBrader

Greenie
Feb 5, 2013
Tacoma WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after having our adventure up there I found out some information that might be of interest to someone else. I contacted Clallam county and was told that a permit is required to detect in any county park up there. At a price of ten bucks its not bad and with close to 15 parks available the price is right. Just passing along the info in case anyone else wanted to know :)

dgrunder

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2014
ogden, ut
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just new to the area and looking for info of where to hunt. currently living in diamond point and just go a new garrett 250. it has been a long time since I have been hunting but an looking to get going. are there any clubs in this area?

flowers

Apr 12, 2013
seattle.wa
Detector(s) used
white-mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like use old maps
here are some maps in you area
check out all the old school on the map
the school are the dot with a flag on top

port crescent 1918
port_crescent-1918.jpg

port angeles 1917
port_angeles-1917.jpg

lack crescent 1918
lake crescent-1918.jpg

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reviving this thread, well, because I can. I'm also in Sequim but have yet to detect anywhere around here as I don't know all the different laws concerning where I need a permit, where I can and can't dig, etc. I've read a lot of bad posts about Washington and it's detecting laws (especially the "retrieval tool size" law in parks. (No more than 2" wide, and they actually suggest using an ice pick or screwdriver... :/ ) So if anyone is in the area, or knows the ins and outs/has a web link please let me, and the other Clallam county-ers know. I gotta get back out there and find something, I'm getting cabin fever.

mdunn

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2015
olympic peninsula
Detector(s) used
whites spectra v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you have the rest of the maps to the west... Clallam bay , lake ozette, neah bay?

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a tip for holy grail of maps but you may need to join the local library to see them. Look up Sanborn maps and all will be revealed. Also hit the local small town paper to see if hey have records back to or before the 20's. Look for revival locations, county fairs, carnivals, or where the circus came and set up....local swimming holes, summer dances were held, in the 40's dime a dance locations, and especially old picnic grounds.

Good luck and good hunting!

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also if you are dedicated enough to do some deeper research, check with the records
for the last 50 years at the county office to see the county ownership record books/maps. They'll even include hand written notes on cabins, claims, outhouses, wood sheds and chicken coops...been there done them all and got some good $tuff from my county, but the best of the best is simply watching for sidewalk projects and downtown road rip ups that have cobble stones or bricks under the blacktop...... virgin territory that others will try to beat you to :censored:... been there done that again and again :BangHead:

Dig on my friend 8-)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread