Smith87

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2013
Oak Harbor Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picked up a At Pro a few days ago from treasure dude started using it on the beach right after I got it, found .62 cents in clad. Then took it to a park here on the island found a quarter and some junk then hit a tot lot here in base housing and found a quarter(not sure how housing will feel about me digging in the park). Looking forward to seeing what I can find. So far happy with the At Pro.

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up man!? I met ya the other day here on the island. Glad to see someone else here locally.
I've hit the base tot lots quite a bit, mostly the housing off of Crescent Harbor. No one has ever said anything in a negative way, but I always carry a small grocery sack and collect trash when I do those, and usually in early mornings or towards dusk. (trash collecting seems to take some of the heat off)
A place you might wanna check out (i can't get to it since I'm not military)... If you head to the commissary and go past it there is a road to the left follow it way out, there is an old fishing pier and old dog pound and beach area, my grandpa used to take us fishing there 30+ years ago and his dad took him etc etc.

Keep in touch and keep us all updated!

HH! NW Digger

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV...saving my clad for a Tesoro SandShark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heyyy fellas, south ender here, I thought I was the only one on Whidbey! With all of the history around here I would think we should be able to find some goodies. I hope to get my ATPro sometime this summer, how you liking it on the beach?

Malkiha

Greenie
Mar 8, 2012
Maple Valley
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
went metal detecting here in unincorporated king county(fairwood area)on Friday afternoon. found a few dollars in clad, a few ear rings and a REALLY old wooden golfclub head(looked like it was off a driver, had a big 3 on it). anyways, while i was walking back to my car, i noticed a kingcounty sherrif behing it(F**K). I walked up casually and he asked me what i was doing. I replied"walking". he asked what was in my hand, I said a metal detector....well i was wearing a black vest and gloves and had my detector....Apparently that looks like someone in a BULLET PROOF jacket carrying an ASSAULT RIFLE.....needless to say, he was responding to come idiots call. let me leave and he drove away....seriously? the messed up thing is, even IF i was wearing a bullet proof vest and had an assault rifle, i still wouldnt have been breaking ANY laws. America the Brave still fears anything they dont know or understand....

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah Green, there are a few of here on the island. I have met a few ol timers here, and know another couple detectoriest that are here that I have hunted with. Maybe that's why the finds are slim. My grandfather detected here for years with some of his friend's also.
Almost every machine I have ran on our beaches on the island has done pretty well, the only place its been a challange really has been out towards Rocky Point.

Glad to see another islander here detecting! HH!

felix

Jun 11, 2013
Coupeville, Wa
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I am also new to Whidbey, looking for spots, hunting parties, local advice, in Coupeville.

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN and the Island felix, glad some more locals are popping up recently!

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Felix, looks like we might have to form a club!

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know right!? I just met another today, was kinda cool too, I was doing what must have been a virgin tot lot, happened to have a little over $10 in clad on me and a 10K gold ring I had just pulled....

He was awe struck I think lol, needless to say we chatted a bit and exchanged numbers etc.
Might have to round everyone up once every now and then, look like a nerd/freak show on this island with 10-12 of us running and swinging haha!:headbang:

fasteddie50

Jun 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, shocked to see so many from Whidbey....Just bot a Tesoro and am getting ready to try it out.... Anyone been in a metal detecting club before?? If so, let's get one going on the isle...I have a neighbor who'd probably want to join too. He has a white that he bot and has never taken it out as he'd like a lesson or two...regards, Ed

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN and glad to see yet another here on the Island!
We are defiantly going too all get together sometime for sure, the wife and I will almost be done with our "busy" time here In the next month or so.
Maybe all of us or just a few can start getting together once or twice a month or something :dontknow:

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey Fasteddie, what Tesoro did you get? Im looking to get a sand or tigershark. NW Digger, let's do a club! let me know when your busy time is up!

Santiago09

Jun 24, 2013
Oak Harbor, Washington
Detector(s) used
Cabela's Treasure Hunter Metal Detector by Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all need to get together and go for a hunt. I went yesterday with a friend to Langley. Found around $10.00 in coins and a silver ring.

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all need to get together and go for a hunt. I went yesterday with a friend to Langley. Found around $10.00 in coins and a silver ring.

Where abouts did you go in Langley? I have always thought the beach down there would be a good spot, a lot of history in that town. Unfortunately my BH has been acting up lately and it is keeping me at home for now. Congrats on the ring, any pics?

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where abouts did you go in Langley? I have always thought the beach down there would be a good spot, a lot of history in that town. Unfortunately my BH has been acting up lately and it is keeping me at home for now. Congrats on the ring, any pics?

You know green if the itch gets too bad, I do have more then just one tector and I seem to find myself on the south end quite often.
Just tected down at sandy point the other day, don't know what your schedules like, (I never really know when I'm going south) but wouldn't mind letting you use one when I head that way, and doing a bit of hunting with ya!

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the offer Digger. That would be great, the itch is getting pretty bad due to the nice weather! How did you manage to get in at Sandy Point? I have done some work down there when I was doing construction and they are very uptight about letting in outsiders. It sure is a nice little community though. Send me a PM and we can maybe we can hammer down something, my schedule is usually somewhat flexible but the more advance I have the better.

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew the last caretaker that was there, I ended up doing some odd jobs for a few people in there (sold some firewood, did some landscaping, etc) I managed to get ahold of 2 of the 5 people that I worked for and they told me come hunt, shouldn't be a problem.
I did get stopped and just dropped their names, and was free to go. I was asked to kinda stay away in the busy season, when construction is stopped yadda yadaa, I want to be able to keep hunting there so told him I wouldn't be back til the off season. He saw my trash and told me good work, so I think ill be fine. :)

I still haven't hunted the houses yet, as I rushed right to all the common areas, because I do know how the association is there, so figured if they tossed me from the "public areas" they couldn't do much about the private yards. Believe me they have been in the back of my mind since I was there, but trying to use the ol' outta sight outta mind thing, especially since its busy there right now with the 4th being so close and all.

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I somewhat know the new caretaker, he is actually a really nice guy, ex navy seal I believe. I worked with a construction company who does a lot of work down there in the off season. I might be able to pull some strings in the future. If they haven't already, I know the association plans on digging up and replacing the old basketball court, could be a good spot!

midnightcaller

Apr 13, 2005
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab
Welcome to TN and glad to see yet another here on the Island!
We are defiantly going too all get together sometime for sure, the wife and I will almost be done with our "busy" time here In the next month or so.
Maybe all of us or just a few can start getting together once or twice a month or something :dontknow:

If you start a club on Whidbey Island let me know I would be interested even though I live in the Lake Stevens Area

pbrdigger

Oct 12, 2013
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 - AT Pro - Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did u guys ever form that club? Getting my at pro in the mail Friday and would really like to go out and hunt with u guys. Learn the ropes and such.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread